Would you swap DK for Cooper Kupp ?

KinesProf

Reaction score
Natethegreat":26woav5d said:
Kupp is better, no one who isn't a fan boy can say otherwise. Kupp is almost always open. Even better than Lockett.

This season, sure, he has certainly been more productive than Lockett, or any other WR in the NFL for that matter.

But up until this season Lockett has accumulated a significantly more robust resume than Kupp while only being 9 months older.

OP
OP
K

K.J WRIGHT

SoulfishHawk":2lehvfbu said:
Again, the fascination with players on OTHER teams never ends on dot negative.

You sure get excited when someone doesn't agree with you. Are you a chick ?

RiverDog

Reaction score
John63":fmjno8kh said:
This and something everyone is forgetting Kupp has been in the league 6 years DK only 3.

So if we look at their first 2 years since year 3 is still going on we get below

DK
2203 yards, 17 tds, 15.6 ypc, 0 missed games

Cupp
1435 yards, 11 tds, 14.0 ypc 9 missed games.

really still want to make that trade?

Not a fair comparison as Kupp only started in 6 games in his rookie season and missed half of another due to a knee injury.

It's pretty silly to argue about hypothetical trades, sort of like a couple of first graders arguing over whose dad could beat up the other's.

John63

Reaction score
RiverDog":3o7ms9dp said:
John63":3o7ms9dp said:
This and something everyone is forgetting Kupp has been in the league 6 years DK only 3.

So if we look at their first 2 years since year 3 is still going on we get below

DK
2203 yards, 17 tds, 15.6 ypc, 0 missed games

Cupp
1435 yards, 11 tds, 14.0 ypc 9 missed games.

really still want to make that trade?

Not a fair comparison as Kupp only started in 6 games in his rookie season and missed half of another due to a knee injury.

It's pretty silly to argue about hypothetical trades, sort of like a couple of first graders arguing over whose dad could beat up the other's.

Fair about comparison but we can pick any 2 back to back seasons and DK is as good or better and then add in Kupp in 5 seasons has missed 9 games already. So lets look at his 2 best (excluding this year as it is not over)

Kupp
2135 yards, 13tds, 11.5 ypc, 186 receptions. 1 missed game These were years 3 and 4

DK
2203 yards, 17 tds, 15.6 ypc, 141 recptions 0 missed games Years 1and 2

So again why trade him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":jrz0aki1 said:

John63":jrz0aki1 said:
Fair about comparison but we can pick any 2 back to back seasons and DK is as good or better and then add in Kupp in 5 seasons has missed 9 games already. So lets look at his 2 best (excluding this year as it is not over)

Kupp
2135 yards, 13tds, 11.5 ypc, 186 receptions. 1 missed game These were years 3 and 4

DK
2203 yards, 17 tds, 15.6 ypc, 141 recptions 0 missed games Years 1and 2

So again why trade him.

You can justify a lot of trade or no trade decisions by cherry picking stats to fit your narrative.

The fact is that Kupp is the best receiver in the league at the current moment, and under the philosophy that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, I would rather have proven ability vs. potential ability.

But I'm not proposing a trade. It's all hypothetical and ain't gonna happen. Like I said, it's a little silly for us to be arguing about it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":3vt334do said:
Yup, in a heartbeat. Kupp is a 21st century Steve Largent.

Back when Largent played, I was amazed at how many times he was so wide open, without a defender within 10 yards of him. I wondered to myself "how could a receiver leading the league in receptions and yards get overlooked by the defense to such a degree that he's that wide open?" I've seen the same attribute in Tyler Lockett and before him, Bobby Ingram. Kupp is in that same category. The guy has a sixth sense when it comes to running routes.

And best of all, Kupp hails from the Palm Springs of Washington!
A 21st century Steve Largent..They are similar for sure and I would trade
DK for him..

NINEster

Reaction score
An unbiased Redskins fans say that DK's hips are too stiff to be a TO type producer, hall of fame talent.

Still very good, but to be a consistently great WR need those hips (Rice, Antonio Brown, Kupp).

Also, DK is likely a beneficiary playing with Wilson (as much as I hate giving Wilson credit for anything). Don't need hips to be a big deep threat.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Here, I've solved it with math

Cooper Kupp = Doug Baldwin

Doug in is prime vs DK now? Tough one

DK in Prime = Megatron

Megatron > Doug Baldwin

edogg23

Reaction score
Does it matter? I’m sure our team wouldn’t be able to figure out how to utilize Kupp either.
I’d like to see it just to see DK shut up some of the haters.

jeremiah

Reaction score
KinesProf":oz1qyd9s said:
I wouldn't. And that's nothing against Kupp. Love his game, his story, that he's local, and he fully deserves to be 1st team all -pro this season.

That said, next season will be DK's age 24 season and it'll be Kupp's age 29 season. That's significant. Plenty of time for DK to mature into having the calm and cerebral elements of Kupp's game, and to find himself in a modern offense that compliments his game. Not much Kupp can do to atain DK's physical abilities.

DK's age 22 season, 2020, his 2nd in the league was just scratching the surface of what he is in a productive offense.

I'll opt for the gap in age and upside every time.

You can teach attributes, but not to a bone head like DK. He is what he is, and very proud of it.

OP
OP
K

K.J WRIGHT

Kupp made DK look like a bench warmer....with help from RW.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Different players, different needs.

We already have our own version of Cooper Kupp, named Tyler Lockett. Sadly, he was unavailable vs the Rams and he's Russell's #1 security blanket.

We're better off having DK on our team than Kupp, assuming Lockett comes back healthy. We'd underutilize Kupp anyway, unless Waldron's scheme and Russell's ability to excute it really caught fire in year 2.

However, a physical talent like DK is harder to find. If only we could do a Dr. Frankenstein and transplant Kupp's maturity and football savvy into DK, now that would be special.
DK stretches the field for us
DK is a better blocker in the running game, and is a willing blocker

There were two or three instances in the Rams game where it seemed like DK could have made the catch on a deep throw with a little more craftiness, to set up Ramsey, instead of ego-driven trying to just out-athlete him. Those would be advanced skills though. Does DK have the drive to learn and master those and add them to his game?

If Kupp was the same age as DK, it would be worth considering. They're not. So DK potentially has more high-value seasons left than Kupp.

Latest posts