Wouldn't have it any other way! SUPERBOWL matchup

danp1990

Reaction score
Maybe im WAY too hyped up for this year!!, yea ill admit!, aren't you!? :D ...Looking at all the key additions in the draft, and today/'s free agent addition of G Evans to help give Russell that extra 1-2 Seconds of pocket time, ill be Damned to not believe that we wont have a top 5 offense . Also the D seems to be stacked up in Depth, it'll be weird seeing our base Defense out of a 4- 2 -5 but with this pass happy league and knowing what we have on the line and secondary im extremely confident this will be our best year ever!

This is the way i see our starting offensive line be. Again the way i see it, my '' Opinion'' Lol. Garry Gilliam LT , Mark Glowinski LG , Joey Hunt C/ Patrick Lewis , RG Jahri Evans , RT Germain Ifedi. I can live with this lineup, I honestly do not see us keeping Britt after pre-season . Well at least not as a starter. This project has gone on far too long!, other than his rookie year where Britt was serviceable at RT then after kicking inside to Guard it was over for his career as a Hawk. and now you ask him to learn a new spot!?, arguably the hardest line spot since he calls the protection calls. I see this as a sad waste, it's like your asking for a sequel to the Drew Nowak Saga. and then 6-8 games in be like ''OHH WE SHOULD HAVE STARTED PATRICK LEWIS OR JOEY HUNT FROM THE BEGINNING ''. Tom Cable is a hell of a coach but please for gods sakes Pete and Bevell Say NO to some of these questionable moves. If the Hawks can just manage to give Russell a reasonable amount of time with draw back pocket passes then we'll be GOLDEN.

Back to the title's main concept, I think the Hawks WILL represent the NFC in Superbowl 51. And what did i mean by '' I wouldn't have it any other way ''? I would like the Superbowl matchup to be those Damned Patriots!, and for the Hawks to just humiliate Tom Brady on the biggest stage.That would be a like a make a wish dream of mine, haha! I just dont see any team rivaling New England other than the Steelers and Fat Roethlisberger , Alex Smith & Chiefs?, Maybe a young gun in Derek Carr with a good Raiders Squad. The reason why I don't mention any other QB is what team in the AFC other than the Steelers, Raiders, or Chiefs have a good TEAM with a good QB to do a deep push in the playoffs? I guess you can say the Jaguars but im just not believing that hype until i see solid team wins.

Anyways Hawks Fam. what do guys feel like?...Do you think that Our team will represent the NFC ?, Who would you want see be the Superbowl matchup team to be?, How and Why Do you feel the way you do about Our Awesome Team '' The Seattle Goddamn Seahawks''!! Go Hawks.

Erebus

Reaction score
I share your optimism. I think we're easily the best team in the NFC. History suggests our opponent (if we make it) will be the Patriots or Steelers. The same three QBs seem to always represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, and one of them retired, so that leaves Brady and Roethlisberger (Flacco was a fluke). My guess is the Steelers represent the AFC with the help of having the #1 seed. Brady's four-game suspension will keep the Patriots from getting the top seed. But I would love to be wrong. I could see the Bengals finally winning a playoff game this year, and maybe three.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
The NFC is like the NBA Western Conference.....the AFC is the East, where it's New England, then everyone else.....

Pittsburgh has no defense to speak of, Denver maxed out last year and has the best defense in the AFC, but lacks the credibility to repeat without an experienced QB and some lost depth on defense....Cincinnati lost a lot of their 2nd tier depth and while I think the Colts should be better, they look like Pitt, all offense, no defense.

SEA has no pressure this year for the first time in 3 seasons.....pressure is on Arizona, Carolina and actually Green Bay, who had two of the worse back to back season ending playoff losses anyone can remember.....Green Bay (one could argue) should have been in SB49 and outplayed Arizona in Glendale last year.....Arizona when challenged late in the season, showed significant strain and I think believes they can win, but doesn't have the roster to do it......that Carolina NFC title game took a lot of wind out of their sails....

Carolina and Green Bay get back their #1 WR's, so while we may be writing them off, it will come down to whether Carroll and the team can develop Tharold Simon in this preseason and reshuffle the OL to balance the team out. We can't give an easier blueprint or show weakness on the other CB.

The schedule is not balanced either, so Seattle needs a 6-0 or 7-0 start to reset the expectations with the other teams that they will need to win in Seattle in January.....Arizona hosts New England (without Brady) and the New York Jets, while Seattle travels to both NE and NY...I don't think they have any excuses with this unbalanced a schedule to win the NFC West, but we will sweep them this year.

Going to be fun to watch this Seahawk team develop this year, it has the potential to be better than 2014 and 2013, two of the better teams in recent memory.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If the offensive line plays as a Top 20 unit, and we avoid the big injury to a key player (in 2013 outside of Harvin and Okung's annual injury the team was extremely healthy) I think we have one hell of a chance to get there.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
As long as they settle the Center position meaning if Britt isn't cutting it by game three in the preseason move on and put Hunt or Lewis there. I hope Evans still has something left in the tank if he does we probably have an average OL. If that's true a Superbowl berth is pretty much a mortal lock.

I see New England as the AFC opponent because even though Pittsburgh drafted heavily for defense it's a lot to ask to have several rookies hit like our 2011-12 drafts. They just don't have enough defense to seriously push New England because even without Brady they're good enough to go 2-2 in September.

dogorama

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2fovi2fv said:
As long as they settle the Center position meaning if Britt isn't cutting it by game three in the preseason move on and put Hunt or Lewis there. I hope Evans still has something left in the tank if he does we probably have an average OL. If that's true a Superbowl berth is pretty much a mortal lock.

I see New England as the AFC opponent because even though Pittsburgh drafted heavily for defense it's a lot to ask to have several rookies hit like our 2011-12 drafts. They just don't have enough defense to seriously push New England because even without Brady they're good enough to go 2-2 in September.

I am excited to see if this team can regain its dominance in the NFC West, that is the goal the Seahawks need to concentrate on. I don't want to start sounding like Arizona fans who see themselves as a Super Bowl lock and the Seahawks as a washed-up team headed for mediocrity. Go over to the Arizona board and every single poster refers to the Seahawks as the "Seahags" or just "Hags". We need to take care of Ariz AND the Rams and THEN start thinking Super Bowl. I think we have forgotten just how hard it is to get there.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dogorama":35z31ti8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":35z31ti8 said:

I am excited to see if this team can regain its dominance in the NFC West, that is the goal the Seahawks need to concentrate on. I don't want to start sounding like Arizona fans who see themselves as a Super Bowl lock and the Seahawks as a washed-up team headed for mediocrity. Go over to the Arizona board and every single poster refers to the Seahawks as the "Seahags" or just "Hags". We need to take care of Ariz AND the Rams and THEN start thinking Super Bowl. I think we have forgotten just how hard it is to get there.
Valid point. The way to handle the Rams is to at least slow down Donald which means put out an OL with decent guards and center. After today I think the guard situation may be decent especially if Ifredi could handle tackle. As for Arizona just having the LOB healthy should be plenty enough to handle them. Remember Kim was definitely off as was Earl and both of them are tone setters for the defense especially Chancellor.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
I could care less what is on Arizona's boards. Ive seen theyre line up and while its a good squad i believe we are on another level now. its all speculation from what we see is on our roster but as a fan ( fanatic ) of the hawks i believe this fact because of the present evidence in our current roster. if you just take a look at last year, the hawks almost swept Arizona!, not once did i see Arizona dominate our team. so just by those standard our team is already toe to toe with them, but now we have added the pieces to catapult our team to NFC West Champs, and go on to host HFA in playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Arizona's defense is for real when healthy, but once Carson is hit a few times things collapse quickly, that's our bread and butter, they have a decent run game if they can get it going which again we have controlled to this point. I don't simply count out Arizona, if they get rolling they can hurt you.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
^^^^ yep. No more bull crap this year Pete/Bevell. We CAN NOT allow Arizona to gain an inch of space. & for God's sake, if we allow the Rams to win even ONE damn game due to poor clock/timeout management/situational awareness, starting slow or falling asleep at the wheel on one of Fisher's trick plays I SWEAR 'fo GOD I will lose my shit! I might end up waiting in the VMAC parking lot with a sign reading 12'sBloodPressureLevelsMATTER!!!

We have to storm out of the gate with a killer instinct, take no prisoners, head busting mentality. No less than 6-2 at the halfway mark this season...Which is sooo effing doable.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1crhrlqw said:
^^^^ yep. No more bull crap this year Pete/Bevell. We CAN NOT allow Arizona to gain an inch of space. & for God's sake, if we allow the Rams to win even ONE damn game due to poor clock/timeout management/situational awareness, starting slow or falling asleep at the wheel on one of Fisher's trick plays I SWEAR 'fo GOD I will lose my shit! I might end up waiting in the VMAC parking lot with a sign reading 12'sBloodPressureLevelsMATTER!!!

We have to storm out of the gate with a killer instinct, take no prisoners, head busting mentality. No less than 6-2 at the halfway mark this season...Which is sooo effing doable.
Actually we better be 7-1 minimum and hopefully 8-0. Our schedule is heavily backloaded this year.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
Longest off season of my life. I have a new son who is already HAWKTIZED. He's seen so much Hawks video in his 6 months here on earth it's almost silly. But I kid you not, the lil guy actually ENJOYS watching football. But infants/toddlers take cues from their dad's moods/emotions so this season has to start off good or else my Lil fella just simply will have to go to Granny's crib on game day. Can't have him hearing me cus at the TV & damn near breaking the 60" :141847_bnono: :|

hgwellz12

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":9tuv7atk said:
hgwellz12":9tuv7atk said:

Actually we better be 7-1 minimum and hopefully 8-0. Our schedule is heavily backloaded this year.

I know, that was the good ol' "Seattle Sport fan Pessimism" in me. ;)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1tea17o4 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1tea17o4 said:
hgwellz12":1tea17o4 said:

I know, that was the good ol' "Seattle Sport fan Pessimism" in me. ;)
No problem. 8)

dogorama

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3tvnidlk said:
hgwellz12":3tvnidlk said:

Ditto on that, EXACTLY my thoughts. Hopefully the schedule will play out well for a developing O-Line.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3oosfuwp said:

Bud Dupree and Ryan shazier are gonna emerge as two of the best this year, plus more experience for the new dc, I think I'm going with steelers out of the afc.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":239du4o5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":239du4o5 said:

Bud Dupree and Ryan shazier are gonna emerge as two of the best this year, plus more experience for the new dc, I think I'm going with steelers out of the afc.
Ok, personally I'd love it given don't think Bill Belichick, Tom Brady or Robert Kraft could win a damn thing without straightforward cheating. So let's see. I'd rather get revenge for the Jerome Bowl but whatever.

nrayorr

Reaction score
I can honestly tell you that I have the same feeling that I had in 2013 when we won it all. Funny thing is that the year before we won SB 48 we lost in the divisional round to Atlanta. We lost to the panthers in the divisional round last year and I truly believe we are going back to the SB and will lift the Lombardi once again.

I love what we are doing with our O line this year and I believe that we will be better in that group than we have in a long time. Our offense is shaping up to be at least a top 5 offense and our defense speaks for itself. I'm super pumped about this upcoming season and it doesn't matter to me who represents the AFC, all I gotta say about that is whoever that team will be should prepare themselves for the slaughter.

Dry Side Hawk Fan

Reaction score
Really hope this does indeed fix the offensive line woes. Can't let RW3 keep getting hit. Actually, as long as we're not at .500 after 6 or 8 games, I'll consider it a good season. After looking at the schedule, I'm thinking 13-3 is entirely possible. Go Hawks !!

dogorama

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":18zu4wm0 said:
Ok, personally I'd love it given don't think Bill Belichick, Tom Brady or Robert Kraft could win a damn thing without straightforward cheating. So let's see. I'd rather get revenge for the Jerome Bowl but whatever.

Hear that, it took me a long time to get over that game, I don't think I watched a single NFL game for something like three years.

Latest posts