Wow, did we lose?

Penman96

Reaction score
Seahawks: Playoff Record (all-time) : 9-12

We got a great playoff win today, the 10th in our history. I'm happy...and I'll be happier when we are 12-12 this February

PryorFamily

Reaction score
McGruff":1ir4wo0o said:
Johnny":1ir4wo0o said:
Russ was 8-19, for 103 yards and 0 tds, and 0 ints...

and we shouldn't worry?... :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

Wilson was never going to be the difference in this game. We didn't want him to be, and we didn't need him to be.

This game wasn't close because of Wilson. It was close because we didn't make the obvious plays we normally make. Which really has been the theme the last 5-6 weeks.

This times infinity.

Johnny

Reaction score
McGruff":322h3y32 said:
Johnny":322h3y32 said:
Russ was 8-19, for 103 yards and 0 tds, and 0 ints...

and we shouldn't worry?... :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

Wilson was never going to be the difference in this game. We didn't want him to be, and we didn't need him to be.

This game wasn't close because of Wilson. It was close because we didn't make the obvious plays we normally make. Which really has been the theme the last 5-6 weeks.

You don't want your starting QB to have an impact on the game?.... What?... So Tom Brady & Peyton Manning shouldn't even play for their teams?

The Defense and ST's have been very good the past 5-6 weeks, so your argument isn't making since... The offense and Wilson haven't been playing very well over that time and you still say there's nothing to worry about?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Can nobody wait until the next day to start beyotching? My word. And why do certain people only post when they find something whine about?
Even the players give themselves a day to rejoice, the it's 'Tell the Truth Monday.'

Polaris

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":oltibvzw said:
Can nobody wait until the next day to start beyotching? My word. And why do certain people only post when they find something whine about?

I think a large part of it is emotional drain from panic. Seattle played a game today and was clearly and FIRMLY in control for three full qtrs (16-0 and it wasn't that close), and Seattle very nearly gave it all back in the final qtr and in particular the final two minutes.

I love our D, but I don't love how our D did in the final two minutes.

That said, I noticed that almost every possible 'lucky bounce' that could 'bounce' the Saints way did today. This happens. Too often even better teams will lose to teams that are otherwise inferior when this happens (it's called any given Sunday for a reason), but Seattle was stout enough to withstand some very bad luck.

Smoke

Reaction score
That defense is lights out. Thats what we are. Hopefully our O can show up, but holy Sweet Lord, that D BALLS!

jack_patera

Reaction score
what I saw today was a very strong team running the ball very well and playing very solid defense...great special teams and a qb/passing game that isn't going to turn the ball over...so we don't have manning throwing for a 10 td's a game...oh well...what we do have is a team that has a 25% chance to hold the Lombardi...if someone would have said to me in pre-season no matter if they winning 'ugly' or whatever would you take that? My response would have been a resounding HELL YEAH.....

GO HAWKS

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
We won exactly how Pete says he wants to play. Incredible defense and solid running game with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over. The offense doesn't have to light up the stats with this team, but we have seen it happen.

The great thing about it is that Carroll has built the team to win even if the offense isn't cranking up numbers. They are clearly not having the offensive numbers we all want, but that can change easily and when it does it only turns into a blowout.

I am jacked about the Hawks win, especially with all the expert predictions and BS of how much better the Saints will be because they knew what to expect. I was glad to shut the traps of both the NOLA and SF fans, especially those ones that guaranteed that the Hawks would choke the division and then go one and done.

warden

Reaction score
We beat a team ranked 4th in offense, 4th in defense who has accumulated 12 wins this year, and we did it in chitty weather.

Great job Seahawks

On to the championship round