Wow the defense

aastros1986

Reaction score
We always kill the defense and the line for no pressure. Well we all now this was a brutal oline but in yrs past we get shut...i loved the game plan, very aggressive with no vanilla garbage. Everyone lools great except woolen? What happened to this guy. He looks like a shell but the entire dline, dee, hurtt and carol get an A+

Last edited:

BigMeach

Reaction score
He doesnt look good, he was nowhere around the ball dropped an int and spoon looks 10 times the player kind of what woolen looked like last year.
You have got to be joking. I'm not taking anything away from Witherspoon as he has looked amazing, but how can you even compare the two? Tariq's coverage last year was second to none. Witherspoon is beloved for other reasons but he is nowhere near the coverage player that Tariq is.

OP
OP
A

aastros1986

Reaction score
And i am just stating what i see....btw doesnt mean whowill fall off a cliff or mean hes gona be all pro. Many players have 1great year and crash. He the least noticeable secondary player right now

JPatera76

Reaction score
You have got to be joking. I'm not taking anything away from Witherspoon as he has looked amazing, but how can you even compare the two? Tariq's coverage last year was second to none. Witherspoon is beloved for other reasons but he is nowhere near the coverage player that Tariq is.

Dude's just stirring the pot. Half of stuff he's stating is barely even coherent.

Mick063

Reaction score
Remember three months ago when folks were declaring that playing a 5th round pick at nickel was a wasted pick? Fire Pete for the dumb move?

I do. The one that sticks out the most is that dude that does the YouTube stuff. I think his name is Brandon Nelson (I could be wrong; it might be the other "Locked on Seahawks" dude. I get them mixed up). Regardless, he was downright irate with the notion of Spoon at nickel. Now the talking heads are saying, "I don't know if you can play him anywhere else."

Like I said from the beginning, you want a Polamalu type player close to the action. Slot is close to the action. You get sacks from the slot. You blow up screens from the slot. You blow up QB read option from the slot.

Last edited:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
And i am just stating what i see....btw doesnt mean whowill fall off a cliff or mean hes gona be all pro. Many players have 1great year and crash. He the least noticeable secondary player right now
Hard to notice him when he's been hurt.

sutz

Reaction score
Remember three months ago when folks were declaring that playing a 5th round pick at nickel was a wasted pick? Fire Pete for the dumb move?

I do. The one that sticks out the most is that dude that does the YouTube stuff. I think his name is Brandon Nelson (I could be wrong; it might be the other "Locked on Seahawks" dude. I get them mixed up). Regardless, he was downright irate with the notion of Spoon at nickel. Now the talking heads are saying, "I don't know if you can play him anywhere else."

Like I said from the beginning, you want a Polamalu type player close to the action. Slot is close to the action. You get sacks from the slot. You blow up screens from the slot. You blow up QB read option from the slot.
Slot DB has become more and more important over the last few years. Think back at all the times we've got beat for 3rd down conversions by the #3/4 WR on the other team. Plus, of course, it's also an effective place to blitz from when you time it right, like Spoon did a couple of times tonight.

It was the same kind of crap we heard back in the day when Pete moved Red Bryant out to DE/5 tech. It only resurrected Bryant's career. I don't waste time worrying much about when a player was drafted anyway. After they take the field it pretty much doesn't matter. It's about who's the better player and how well the coaches set them up for success.

Last edited:

evergreen

Reaction score
I think you’re thinking of mid Atlantic Merv from Top Billin’.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm happy with the win. I'm excited about Witherspoon.

But I cant escape the feeling that a lot of what we saw tonight was the Giants being a very bad football team.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm happy with the win. I'm excited about Witherspoon.

But I cant escape the feeling that a lot of what we saw tonight was the Giants being a very bad football team.

Makes sense...

Remember though, we got trucked last year on the ground by some very bad football teams.

In addition, we have an O-line completely gutted of starters. Our Offense is going to get better as we get some core guys back.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Makes sense...

Remember though, we got trucked last year on the ground by some very bad football teams.

In addition, we have an O-line completely gutted of starters. Our Offense is going to get better as we get some core guys back.
True. The whole starting line is down at this point.