WR from Germany

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Don't get hung up on Comps. They are subjective and not ultimately determinative of the future success of a player. They are not obligated to live down to others' expectations.

Several factors are far more relevant. Right team fit, opportunity at the position (current depth), a player's passion (what's in their gut), coachability, maximizing potential, etc. Comps just get you into a ballpark to project what a team may be getting. It would be foolish to dismiss a player based on a subjective comp.

Teams in need at the position (or looking for what this player could offer) might value him higher and even have enough draft picks to warrant giving an opportunity to a potentially high-reward player.

He will be subjected to the same evaluations that teams give to other prospects at the position. They don't go through all that to arrive at a comp. It might serve to give some idea, but a player may do more with their talent and coaching as well as thrive in the right environment at the right time.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Interesting that he played Safety and Corner as well as WR. I wonder if he'd be more valuable at one of those position and if he'd switch for a team that wanted him on defense? He'd have a much bigger learning curve at corner or safety though...

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
DJrmb":1knjgo42 said:
Interesting that he played Safety and Corner as well as WR. I wonder if he'd be more valuable at one of those position and if he'd switch for a team that wanted him on defense? He'd have a much bigger learning curve at corner or safety though...
"The more you can do"

titan3131

Reaction score
Would we even have to draft this guy?

Idk what the rules are but is there any reason we couldnt just sign him as a free agent?

DJrmb

Reaction score
titan3131":1nq7aysx said:
Would we even have to draft this guy?

Idk what the rules are but is there any reason we couldnt just sign him as a free agent?

I'm wondering this as well. John Clayton on the radio today mentioned he was surprised no one had signed him during all his team visits. I was under the impression that he was entering the NFL draft though and couldn't be signed as a free agent?

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I suspect it has something to do with declaring eligibility for the draft, but that usually has to do with forgoing remaining college eligibility. Mo probably had to forgo College Football eligibility. Wasn't Mo playing in a semi-pro league in Germany, though? It is a bit confusing that John Clayton is wondering about it. Is there a link to that?

DJrmb

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3kxgc1d3 said:
I suspect it has something to do with declaring eligibility for the draft, but that usually has to do with forgoing remaining college eligibility. Mo probably had to forgo College Football eligibility. Wasn't Mo playing in a semi-pro league in Germany, though? It is a bit confusing that John Clayton is wondering about it. Is there a link to that?

Yeah, here is the Podcast from this morning. Clayton speaks about it at the 17:35 mark.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10005086&sid=1007&n=Brock and Salk

He says, "What you start to wonder about is after about the 15th workout don't you just sit down and sign the guy?". He goes on to say, "You start to wonder the more he works out is it just not going to happen?". Maybe Clayton is just mistaken or maybe he knows something we don't. I don't know the rules on FA eligibility if you haven't gone through a draft.