WR Roster Battle

Which 2 WR's are we most likely to keep?

• Lockette

Votes: 50 41.3%
  • Matthews

Votes: 80 66.1%
  • Norwood

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Richardson

Votes: 83 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willyeye

Reaction score
Daniels also adds value as a 3rd string, emergency QB. Also as a backup return guy, and even on ST. They can take their time with him at WR, but I get the impression from the Denver game that he does have some potential there. I'm actually surprised that Daniels hasn't been the 2nd string backup to Russell...BJ is a very similar QB to Russell, and he would fit right in with our offense should the need arise.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I predict that one of either Kevin Smith or Kasen Williams takes Kevin Norwood's roster spot this year.

I liked what we saw of Smith Friday night.

Looking forward to what Williams can do... hopefully next Friday in KC.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Willyeye":1lbxf62p said:
Daniels also adds value as a 3rd string, emergency QB. Also as a backup return guy, and even on ST. They can take their time with him at WR, but I get the impression from the Denver game that he does have some potential there. I'm actually surprised that Daniels hasn't been the 2nd string backup to Russell...BJ is a very similar QB to Russell, and he would fit right in with our offense should the need arise.
This.. daniels looked great last year at qb and so similar to russ.. that being said he was one of the highlights to fridays game imo.. if lockett hadnt had the 2 long returns daniels woulda been the most impressive thing on offense.. but as it stacked up i had lockett clark then daniels as the most impressive guys out there.. and not as newcomers either.. studs.

Daniels will make the team.. hes too valuable with his qb experience.. the skill.. not just potential he has displayed at wr and returner (lockett isnt the biggest guy we could use someone to take a return here n there and in the event he goes down) plus daniels is displaying that he could be a ricardo lockette type gunner on special teams.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
BJ plays specials, and well, so he could knock Lockette off the roster.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeaChase":1tudgjo5 said:
BJ was looking pretty good. He definitely has value to keep around. But I don't know if he has the skills to be a starting WR.

Half the Seahawks starting wide receivers from last year don't have the skills needed to be a starting WR.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
While the Seahawks were on their way to another NFC championship last season, receiver Kevin Smith was back home in Southern California working a slightly less glamorous job than he might have hoped coming out of the University of Washington.

“I was working at FedEx at a warehouse unloading and loading trucks,” Smith said. He then noted, “but I always felt like that was something temporary at the time, just something to keep me busy.”

Smith doesn’t have time for a warehouse job right now, because he is back with the Seahawks for his second training camp, and looking very much like a player who has a chance to stick around in the NFL for longer than three weeks of training camp this time around.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/08/19 ... hawks-camp

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the way teams are coming up lame at WR (crosses fingers) if anyone shows ability they won't slip by to the PS this year, Matthews, Lockette, Norwood Williams or Smith will be snagged.

RussB

Reaction score
Chris Matthews needs to start. Dude is bigger than pretty much any corner he lines up against, they should give him a chance to be a #2 and put baldwin or kears in the slot because they are speedy anyways.

Lockette is fast and can make plays but i dont think he is consistent.

This is what the WR squad should be
wr1 -jermaine kearse
wr2= chris matthews
3- baldwin

and jimmy G at te this corewould be lethal