WR3

James in PA

Reaction score
I'd really like to see us go the FA route for WR3. There are guys out there who fit the bill. I just get this bad Freddie Swain, Amara Darboh, Dee Eskridge gonna suck, gonna get injured, or gonna take 4 years to develop vibe from any WR3 they try to draft. Marquise Goodwin, when healthy, was perfect.

AgentDib

Reaction score
2022 snaps by wide receiver position

Split End
DK Metcalf (802)
Laquon Treadwell (104)
Dareke Young (82)
Cody Thompson (0)

Flanker
Tyler Lockett (520)
Marquise Goodwin (171) <- free agent
D'Wayne Eskridge (79)
Cade Johnson (17)
Connor Wedington (0)

Slot
Tyler Lockett (320)
Marquise Goodwin (235) <- free agent
DK Metcalf (145)
D'Wayne Eskridge (83)
Cade Johnson (78)
Penny Hart (34)
Laquon Treadwell (39)
Dareke Young (29)

Our immediate need is at slot. Most of our snaps there last year were from outside receivers who were playing in the slot because we didn't have a better option. Our main three (Lockett, Metcalf and Goodwin) were at their most efficient on routes of 20 yards or more.

The good news is that this draft is weak when it comes to outside receivers but extremely loaded when it comes to slot receiver types.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Our immediate need is at slot. Most of our snaps there last year were from outside receivers who were playing in the slot because we didn't have a better option...

The good news is that this draft is weak when it comes to outside receivers but extremely loaded when it comes to slot receiver types.
You know who is a hell of a slot receiver?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
As soon as Eskridge upgrades his bone strength and chooses to properly stretch, he will be the #3 receiver
Yeah I won’t be holding my breath. I want Dee to show up and finally live up to the hype but he’s been the receiver version of CJ Prosise unfortunately

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah I won’t be holding my breath. I want Dee to show up and finally live up to the hype but he’s been the receiver version of CJ Prosise unfortunately
Exactly. But at least Prosise had a couple good games where you could see his potential.

Whenever I see Eskridge I look up what Creed Humphrey is up to in KC. That selection still grinds my feathers

JPatera76

Reaction score
Me? I’d like to see more of D young, but I’d like to get Goodwin back tbh.

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
I liked the little bit of Young that we saw last year, but it's probably not enough to stamp him as the WR3 right now. But hopefully he can be the solid 4th guy.

Actually, the more I watch film on Zay Flowers, the more impressed I am. He just has a skill to adjust to the ball and the defence that stands out as unique to me. I'm starting to lean towards him being a strong possibility with the #20 pick. Let him be WR3 the next year or two, and then hopefully grow into the WR2 spot once Lockett declines. He'd be a perfect complement to Metcalf.

Scout

Reaction score
If I was to guess the Hawks draft a WR to compete with Young, and Eskridge. You can always re-sign Goodiwn if need be.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Why is WR3 such a worry? We have the most accurate QB who still doesn’t throw a ton.

Defense is far more important for the 1st or 2nd rd picks, don’t throw it out on a receiver who will by default be limited in a low-to-medium volume passing offense.