Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
DomeHawk":bvzp25vl said:
Maulbert":bvzp25vl said:
DomeHawk":bvzp25vl said:
Maulbert":bvzp25vl said:
Speaking of stale jokes...

I know, most of the football jokes aren't good because you are having one of your EXTREMELY rare good years.

I'll try harder.

You say that like the Huskies regularly have good years. It was a long time ago that they were consistently good. In fact, those lowly Cougs were the first team in Pac-8/10/12 conference history to post 3 straight 10 win seasons (from 2001-03), a feat the Huskies have STILL never accomplished. You can look it up if you want:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington-state/

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/index.html

No offense Maulbert and I really mean that, but to extrapolate a stat in an effort to equate WSU's success to UDub's is just ridiculous.

I never claimed WSU had a stronger history than UW, but facts are facts, and you can't refute the fact that the Huskies have never had three 10 win seasons in a row, and the Cougars have.

Sorry if you're bitter.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Minshew kicks so much ass. Happy for WSU. Though I think the matchup with UW doesn't go in their favor. I think it will be close, whoever wins. Chris Petersen should play soft so WSU can represent the conference as the only 1 loss team ;)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2md4ogq8 said:
Maulbert":2md4ogq8 said:
I know, most of the football jokes aren't good because you are having one of your EXTREMELY rare good years.

I'll try harder.

You say that like the Huskies regularly have good years. It was a long time ago that they were consistently good. In fact, those lowly Cougs were the first team in Pac-8/10/12 conference history to post 3 straight 10 win seasons (from 2001-03), a feat the Huskies have STILL never accomplished. You can look it up if you want:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington-state/

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/index.html

No offense Maulbert and I really mean that, but to extrapolate a stat in an effort to equate WSU's success to UDub's is just ridiculous.

Apple Cup All-Time: UW 72 WSU 32 :17:

So Dome I’ll extend a Thanksgiving olive turkey branch. What are your thoughts about the game, matchups to look for? I think the key will be in he trenches-can WSU’s OL protect Minshew adequately going up against a significantly better DL and pass rush than what they’ve seen this year? Will the weather factor into the passing game equation for both teams? If it’s a shootout, advantage Cougs. If the Huskies have long drives running Gaskin and keep the scoring low, advantage UW. I’d like to think destiny is on WSU’s side this year with the way things have evolved, but the Dawgs usually just physically dominate the Cougs. Will this year finally go the Cougs’ way?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3l0i1fl5 said:
DomeHawk":3l0i1fl5 said:
(MOD EDIT)

Piss on UW, censure and overly sensitive types. Go Cougs, win the Apple Cup and the Pac 12.

It's Apple Cup Week, time for Huskies to torture inferiority complexed Cougs and Texas bandwagon Seahawk fans.

I'll cut to the chase:
Minshew is going to throw for over 400, tear up your secondary and head for NYC. Cougs' OL is amongst the best in pass protection and will secure him all day. Gaskin will have a nice finale but Browning will choke as always in the clutch during big games and become a head case as his days in football come to a close.

So enjoy the Alamo Bowl - TX Land and Cattle is a good steak place on the Riverwalk and the Tower of the Americas has a great view of disappointment.

UDung 33
Cougars of America 44 and Pac 12 champs next week!

This didnt age well

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13yme6yb said:
West TX Hawk":13yme6yb said:
DomeHawk":13yme6yb said:
West TX Hawk":13yme6yb said:
Piss on UW, censure and overly sensitive types. Go Cougs, win the Apple Cup and the Pac 12.

It's Apple Cup Week, time for Huskies to torture inferiority complexed Cougs and Texas bandwagon Seahawk fans.

I'll cut to the chase:
Minshew is going to throw for over 400, tear up your secondary and head for NYC. Cougs' OL is amongst the best in pass protection and will secure him all day. Gaskin will have a nice finale but Browning will choke as always in the clutch during big games and become a head case as his days in football come to a close.

So enjoy the Alamo Bowl - TX Land and Cattle is a good steak place on the Riverwalk and the Tower of the Americas has a great view of disappointment.

UDung 33

This didnt age well

Yes, I made a prediction and was wrong. WSU is off to the Alamo Bowl instead. Such is life.

D

DomeHawk

West TX Hawk":6olh4r0i said:
Uncle Si":6olh4r0i said:
West TX Hawk":6olh4r0i said:
DomeHawk":6olh4r0i said:

I'll cut to the chase:

UDung 33

This didnt age well

Yes, I made a prediction and was wrong. WSU is off to the Alamo Bowl instead. Such is life.

Hilarious :0190l:

sdog1981

Reaction score
Two problems with the current system.

If your team plays an air-raid system the polls will always be looking for a reason to knock them down. The same thing happened to Baylor over the past 5 years.

This system favors the blue bloods of college football. After a team has one loss it comes down to the size of the school and how famous the program is.

As bad as this system is at least we are not arguing who one and two are, we are now arguing who 4,5 and 6 are.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":38a2uu9u said:
West TX Hawk":38a2uu9u said:
Uncle Si":38a2uu9u said:
West TX Hawk":38a2uu9u said:
I'll cut to the chase:

UDung 33

This didnt age well

Good luck in the Rose Bowl, represent the conference well and kudos to a great season. Go Cougs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its all fun

WSU got screwed out of a NY6 bowl. Disappointed. I wanted to see them play a Michigan or even UCF

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ybgef9gl said:
Its all fun

WSU got screwed out of a NY6 bowl. Disappointed. I wanted to see them play a Michigan or even UCF

Wild how a good year can just shit the bed so fast.

D

DomeHawk

West TX Hawk":2oi477cu said:
DomeHawk":2oi477cu said:
West TX Hawk":2oi477cu said:
Uncle Si":2oi477cu said:
This didnt age well

Good luck in the Rose Bowl, represent the conference well and kudos to a great season. Go Cougs.

Thank you! Classy post and a reminder that we (Pac-12 fans) are all one now and need to get some respectability back for our conference.

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":1ipyp9qq said:
Its all fun

Agree, and disappointed Minshew didn't get to be a finalist for the Heisman even if he was a long-shot.