Yorks and 49ers getting sued for discrimination

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
It was a Film room guy and a Grounds crew person, how high tech is Grass? Also both employees had very good appraisals for their work so sub standard wasn't an issue.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Jville":33hfavjm said:
hawknation2015":33hfavjm said:
17. In 2010, Defendant Jed York, the CEO of the 49ers, was actively looking for additional revenue streams for the 49ers, including making active attempts to move the San Francisco 49ers to a new stadium in Silicon Valley, so that the 49ers could be rebranded as a team within the NFL that was “technology” driven. As part of that strategy, York hired Gideon Yu, a former executive at Facebook, YouTube, and Yahoo. Defendant York hired Mr. Yu as the 49ers’ Chief Strategy Officer, and, in April 2011, York informed the employees that Mr. Yu would be working closely with him to re-brand the 49ers as a technology “startup” within the NFL, so that they could achieve their objective of moving the 49ers to a new stadium in Silicon Valley. When Mr. Yu arrived for work at the 49ers, he openly referred to the older workers as “legacy employees,” a discriminatory term used to describe older employees in Silicon Valley.

18. As part of that technology strategy, in December 2012, Defendant York openly admitted that he wanted to hire the predominantly younger technology workers from the neighboring Silicon Valley technology companies. When asked why the 49ers wanted to hire these young technology workers, York said, “Because they made a lot of money, they did a lot of cool things before they turned 40 years old, and they don’t want to go play golf six days a week.” As a result, York and his staff engaged in an active strategy to quietly recruit younger technology workers to join the management and senior leadership ranks of the 49ers.

19. In order to make room for the younger technology workers, York engaged in a campaign to terminate the older, senior managers within the 49ers organization. For example, when York was reviewing the resumes of potential employees in late-2010, York was faced with two potentially qualified candidates for the job. When asked which of the two candidates he wanted to hire, York said, “Let’s go with the younger one.”

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/6/75 ... awsuit-pdf

Jed York = douche
Jed-York-fist-pump-Jim-Harbaugh-49ers.jpg

That is not being received all that well by older 49er fans in my neighborhood. Maybe an accompanying goal is to 86 "older" 49er fans as well.

Are you kidding? When it comes to taking other peoples' money, "discrimination" isn't in their vocabulary.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
chris98251":w9xf66z7 said:
It was a Film room guy and a Grounds crew person, how high tech is Grass? Also both employees had very good appraisals for their work so sub standard wasn't an issue.
IIRC, the grass at Levi's was very low tech this year. But yeah, green side up isn't that high tech.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1p9a5du1 said:

Can't speak directly to that so don't know.

If it was genuinely age discrimination then that ain't cool...just seen a number of these and they are usually someone with a bone to pick.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Scottemojo":h1o6g4ff said:
chris98251":h1o6g4ff said:
IIRC, the grass at Levi's was very low tech this year. But yeah, green side up isn't that high tech.

Knowing a bit about grass, yes it is not high tech. Know your seeds, fertilizer, bugkiller, watering schedule, and pretty much you are set. Film is a tiny bit different. But if you have been there with the technology changing...you can probably pick up most of the newer things. I am 53 so know and understand some of both.

I worked on a golf course during the summer 3 times. My Super taught me a lot and his assistant did too.

I worked with email and PCanywhere for programs that we imported files from so Understand the changing situation. I also have 2 8mm projectors and film. And a digital camera that takes photo and film images. But I wanted to learn more and have asked others here for help too and provided help when I could. Upgrading technology would be of great benefit here..and that may be the issue. I also worked adapting to different radar systems in my career.

Go Hawks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":ic92w2ks said:
Scottemojo":ic92w2ks said:
chris98251":ic92w2ks said:

Knowing a bit about grass, yes it is not high tech. Know your seeds, fertilizer, bugkiller, watering schedule, and pretty much you are set. Film is a tiny bit different. But if you have been there with the technology changing...you can probably pick up most of the newer things. I am 53 so know and understand some of both.

I worked on a golf course during the summer 3 times. My Super taught me a lot and his assistant did too.

I worked with email and PCanywhere for programs that we imported files from so Understand the changing situation. I also have 2 8mm projectors and film. And a digital camera that takes photo and film images. But I wanted to learn more and have asked others here for help too and provided help when I could. Upgrading technology would be of great benefit here..and that may be the issue. I also worked adapting to different radar systems in my career.

Go Hawks.

That's my point.

I'm 41 so its not like I'm a spring chicken either, but what I've seen in these cases before was peeps who just refused to change and adapt to a new working environment. It isn't universal...its just some peeps don't like change and really object when they are let go for it...especially older people who know how much harder it is to find work as you get older.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":15q2w3ya said:
I'm 41 so its not like I'm a spring chicken either, but what I've seen in these cases before was peeps who just refused to change and adapt to a new working environment. It isn't universal...its just some peeps don't like change and really object when they are let go for it...especially older people who know how much harder it is to find work as you get older.

Aren't you presuming that they didn't want to learn though? Maybe they did and were still let go simply because of ageism.

Jville

Reaction score
Here we go folks. Fishing for excuses. Change was not the published causation for dismissal.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
OkieHawk":103vrj2r said:
Marvin49":103vrj2r said:

Aren't you presuming that they didn't want to learn though? Maybe they did and were still let go simply because of ageism.

If we were to find out the details of the case, we could make more educated hypotheses as to the significance of the situations. Without that knowledge, all we are doing is postulating what is a possibility.

I considered a lawsuit once on the job I was doing at the time. Things did not bode well and I just dropped it. I probably had a good chance of winning my case too. Left the job and got into what was necessary to survive and now enjoy. I am retired. And could care less.

If I want to do something...I plan, coordinate, and execute my somewhat of a plan. I expect it to not work due to my history of success. But I still do work at it. It is a pessimistic attitude...but I believe in the polar opposite attitude it can portray too.

Rawk out Hawks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1tr7ozgw said:
Marvin49":1tr7ozgw said:

Of course. That's why I said if it was true Niners should be punished.

Latest posts