Your All-Time Top 10 Favorite Seahawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Was watching some Marshawn Lynch clips this morning and realized he's probably jumped just about everyone on my favorite all-time Seahawks list, just everything about the guy is so damn entertaining... from his refusal to be tackled at sometimes, to his celebrations, how he brings his all every game even though he has the back of a 75 year old.. and so forth.

So it got me thinking, who are your all-time favorite Seahawks now that we have been blessed with such an amazing team for these last 4 seasons? I'll start..

1) Matt Hasselbeck -- Will be next to impossible to dethrone him from the top spot for me. Probably in the extreme minority here.

2) Walter Jones -- The current GOAT Seahawk. How I wish his career started about 10 years later than it did.

3) Marshawn Lynch -- aforementioned.

4) Earl Thomas -- Guy is just so damn passionate and talented. Impossible not to root for.

5) Richard Sherman -- Ditto to #29

6) Kam Chancellor -- Ditto to #29 and #25

7) Russell Wilson -- The QB many of us waited our entire lives for. If it weren't for my Hass mancrush he'd be in the mix for my top spot

8) Shaun Alexander -- He was a finesse back but man oh man, no one was better inside the red zone than he was. He just had that nose for the end zone. Sure didn't hurt he played with Walt and Hutch but I still loved Shaun.

9) Tez -- I wish I were a bit older when he played to truly appreciate how good he was.

10) Mack Strong -- Tenth spot is so hard because I can make a case for a lot of guys here.. Mack Strong though was a lot like Tez and Walt.. Guys I wish could be on this current group because they'd fit this team like a glove and deserve a ring (or two should we win in a couple of weeks)

Also receiving votes:
- Steve Largent (only not on my list because my memories of him are faint. Missed his glory days)
- Darrell Jackson
- Marcus Trufant
- Michael Sinclair
- Joe Jurevicius
- Bobby Engram
- Matt Flynn :stirthepot:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I chose to pick guys I have actually cheered for on Sundays. I was too young to remember Largent or some of the other greats, although I love to watch the old highlights. No particular order...

Wilson
Hasselbeck
Lynch
Alexander
Earl Thomas
RIchard Sherman
Walter Jones
Joey Galloway
Lofa Tatupu
Kam Chancellor

themunn

Reaction score
Well I only started watching football in 03/04 really, so my list will be fairly modern. Also, I'm going to base it entirely on players I enjoyed watching on the gridiron (so no room for guys I loved for both on and off field contribution or longevity like Walt, MRob, Mack, Hass, Mebane and Trufant).

Kam
Browner
Sherm
ET
Wilson
Lynch
J.Peterson
Alexander
Tate
Wagner

Special shout out to Chop Chop too because he owns 2 of the 3 finest moments in Seahawks championship game history. Oh, and big play Babs too because Romo.

Unsurprisingly recent based, but nobody gets me out of my seat on a regular basis like these guys do, or giggling away like a schoolgirl at the awesomeness I've just witnessed. And I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't put Walt in there. Simple fact of the matter is while I appreciated what he did, I have to admit that I don't really "see" what the O-Line is doing until after the fact. I'm not scared to admit that I follow the action, and it's like they say about linemen, if you notice them they aren't doing their job well, and I almost never noticed Walt - only when he did something spectacular, but usually that resulted in Shaun appearing to do something even more spectacular.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Cool post Hasselbeck, I'll participate.

Russell Wilson - Because he's CLUTCH and I respect him being a man of God.
Marshawn Lynch - Because he's just about that WORK, and doesn't believe in talk. Word.
Kam Chancellor - Because he proved me WRONG and he likes Family Guy.
Earl Thomas - Because I knew who he was when we drafted him, most assured pick for me of all time as a fan.
Richard Sherman - Greatness.
Michael Bennett - His HUMOR is on point.
Matthew Hasselbeck - Because HAPPY feet made a superb owl!
Shaun Alexander: That southern SMILE.
Lofa Tatupu: Eagles goal post.
Walter Jones - Consistency.

Others
Michael Robinson - I love this man!
Darrell Jackson - Big Time!
Joey Galloway - Because I wore his too small jersey in the halls of my Florida High School.

cboom

Reaction score
In no particular order: Largent, Green, Kennedy, Jones, Hasselbeck, Alexander, Chancellor, Nash, Warner, Kreig, Easley, Zorn, Thomas. Well that's 13, great memories!

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
1. Wilson- the guy wins and is underrated by every fan base even ours
2. Jones- the best bookend in seahawks history
3. John L. Williams- If you never saw him play I am sorry for you.
4. Tez- Dominant interior defensive lineman look at his stats from 1992
5. Largent- slow white guy with over 13,000 career yards
6. Hasselbeck- took us to our first superbowl and good player
7. Easley - nasty awesome safety career cut short
8. LOB - all of them
9. Mack Strong- great fullback

10. Kevin Mawae, Brian Blades, Darrell Jackson, Eugene Robinson, Rufus Porter, Michael Sinclair, Joe Nash, Rick "bootin" Tuten, Norm Johnson, and every other Seahawk player that gave their heart and soul through the lean years.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Lynch
Hass
Largent
Russell
Kam
Walter
Shaun
John L
Tez
Galloway
Jacob Green
Chris Warren
I dunno man. I can't do this.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
1. Matt Hasselbeck
2. (and rising quickly) Russell Wilson
3. Steve Largent
4. Kenny Easley
5. Brian Blades
6. John L Williams
7. Darrell Jackson
8. Joey GAlloway
9. Rufus Porter
10. Charlie Rogers

Honorable Mention: Chris Warren, Terry Wooden, Robert Blackmon, Patrick Hunter. Shawn Springs

kearly

Reaction score
I don't know if I could rank players from previous eras right now. The very best Holmgren team would probably get curbed stomped by any of Russell Wilson's teams. The same would probably be true for the Dave Krieg teams. I don't think Krieg could survive Bennett and Avril for a full game without losing three fumbles.

And outside of Matt Hassebeck I don't really remember any of those old players for their personality. Holmgren was a notorious hardass which meant his players were all business. Chuck Knox was relatively even-keeled, but for the most part his players seemed to be fairly buttoned up, other than in their mid-80s music video.

I think that is why almost all of my favorite players are from the Carroll-era. He just lets these guys be who they are, even if they are freaking weirdos.

I don't think I could make a list that wouldn't change every five minutes, but I will say that I have never adored a Seahawk more than I have for Marshawn Lynch the last few seasons. He is the coolest player in NFL history, and it's something the whole country has slowly come to realize over the past five years.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Unordered:
Matt Hasselbeck
Michael Bennett
Marshawn Lynch
Kam Chancellor
Cortez Kennedy
Darrell Jackson
Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Mack Strong
Michael Robinson

Honorable mentions to Russell Wilson, Michael Sinclair, Chad Brown, Robbie Tobeck, Richard Sherman.

cboom

Reaction score
kearly":31egh0zv said:
I don't know if I could rank players from previous eras right now. The very best Holmgren team would probably get curbed stomped by any of Russell Wilson's teams. .

Wow I sure wouldn't go that far. That 2005 offense was pretty special. Probably the best Oline in history. They would have made holes for Alexander to pick up yards on this D and Matt would have had time to pick up some yardage through the air. Now if you take look at the whole team, even more so last years team as a whole probably beats the 05 team.

I been saying for two years if we had the 05 offense and the current defense it would be one of the greatest teams in history.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
1. Kenny Easley
2. Kam Chancellor
3. Jacob Green
4. Jim Zorn
5. Steve Largent
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Michael Jackson
8. Curt Warner (pre knee)
9. Walter Jones
10. Efran Herrera

Most of these new guys are still growing on me...

2hawk22

Reaction score
John l Williams
Steve largent
Kam chancellor
Joe jeruvicious
Ken Hamlin
Cortez Kennedy
Russel Wilson
Walter jones
Marshawn lynch
Earl Thomas

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Wow…this is tougher than I thought, whittling down to only 10. Here goes:

1. Walter Jones
2. Steve Largent
3. Earl Thomas
4. Cortez Kennedy
5. Kenny Easley
6. Russell Wilson
7. Jacob Green
8. John L. Williams
9. Matt Hasselbeck
10. Marshawn Lynch

So hard to leave out Kam Chancellor, Lofa Tatupu, Richard Sherman, Curt Warner, Dave Krieg, Paul Skansi, Joe Nash, Robbie Tobeck, Ricky Watters, Dave Brown, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin...

Screw this…I think my top ten will have slight changes, week by week.

mikehawks

Reaction score
1. Matt Hasselbeck
2. Steve Largent
3. Chad Brown
4. Brandon Browner
5. Dave Kreig
6. Steve Hutchinson
7. Marshawn Lynch
8. Joe Jurevicious
9. Kenny Easily
10. Brian Bosworth

cboom

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":13s4rqdk said:
Unordered:
Matt Hasselbeck
Michael Bennett
Marshawn Lynch
Kam Chancellor
Cortez Kennedy
Darrell Jackson
Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Mack Strong
Michael Robinson

Honorable mentions to Russell Wilson, Michael Sinclair, Chad Brown, Robbie Tobeck, Richard Sherman.

Can't believe I forgot Mack Strong on my list. He was Mr. Seahawk.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Dayumn, no mention of Engram yet.

1. Matt Hasselbeck
2. Walter Jones
3. Shaun Alexander
4. Richard Sherman
5. Lofa Tatupu
6. Russell Wilson
7. Bobby Engram
8. Golden Tate
9. Kam Chancellor
10. Marcus Trufant

huskylawyer

Reaction score
In no particular order:

Curt Warner
Largent
Russell Wilson
Cortez Kennedy
Kenny Easley
Walter Jones
Shaun Alexander
John L Williams
Kam Chancellor
Richard Sherman

I'd probably say John L. Williams is my #1 favorite, with Wilson closing in....

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Warner, pre-knee, was incredibly special
Zorn, deserves mention, just because
Fredd Young, stands out for some reason
Jacob Green
Tez
Walt
Doornink, at the time
Loved Kreig
And the whole damn current team

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Wilson (what a player, winner, leader, etc, love the guy)
Sherman (moved way up my list playing injured, and still wasn't targeted by ARod)
Lynch (I hope he gives us another great year to cement his legacy, I want him in he HoF)
Chancellor (the dark knight)
Hasselbeck (took us to our first SB)
Thomas (post game speeches are treasures)
Alexander (fav memory: post concussion clapping when we beat the 'skins)
Kennedy (I was young, but recognized the greatness during our revolving door of qbs)
Jones (best LT I ever seen play)
Bennett (bike ride moved him up)