Your best realistic first round

Chawker

Reaction score
Seattle trade back with Pittsburgh :

Seattle gets the 20th pick and the 51st selection.

Pittsburgh gets the 16th the 179th pick and Tyler Lockett WR

With the 20th selection The Seattle Seahawks select Darius Robinson DE Missouri

Lennie

Reaction score

And incur a $27 million dollars dead money cap hit? Seems like a non starter.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Could probably trade back into the 20s and have a choice of nix or Penix. And get a second rounder out if the deal.
True, but I’d rather not gamble. All you would get is a 4th round pick or something. Not worth it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
True, but I’d rather not gamble. All you would get is a 4th round pick or something. Not worth it.
A 4 isn’t worth it. But chances are a top 10 talent Defender will be sitting at 16, and someone will be willing to give up their 1 and 2 for it.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
A 4 isn’t worth it. But chances are a top 10 talent Defender will be sitting at 16, and someone will be willing to give up their 1 and 2 for it.
It is worth about 300 points on the trade value chart. Even a second round would be around #60. I guess it would depend on whether there is a QB needy team between 17-27.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'll go Brock Bowers. Probably not gonna happen but there's a chance.

warden

Reaction score

Lockett is not going to get traded.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
So hard to figure this season with the new coaching staff. I'm going to say they stand pat and go Byron Murphy. I think he could realistically be there with the QB's, 3 stud recievers and OL guys dropping down other good players.

My second best guess is they trade back and go NT and IOL.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Two top options I'm gravitating toward:

Trade down into the 20s and select Jer'Zhan Newton.

Stick and pick Jared Verse (or Latu, if available, but preferably Verse.)

I could kinda get behind Fautanu after a trade down, but I think I'd be a bit disappointed in selecting a guard convert with our top pick. I really want to lean on Grubb's OL expertise to find value there rather than having to spend premium asset after asset on the OL. There's a lot of smoke around Fautanu to Seattle from a lot of very plugged-in sources, but I'd rather trade back deep into the first or early day 2 and select someone like Jordan Morgan or Graham Barton if they want to hammer guard down.

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
For me it would be trade back in the 1st round and hopefully pick up a 2nd rounder.

Then, with the late 1st address the trenches - either Newton or Murphy on D or Fautanu or Barton on OL. Basically whoever is still available when we pick.

I know it sounds a bit boring, but I think that's the way you build good teams.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
What does Nix offer that Howell don't potentially? Seems like a complete waste of the 16th overall pick?
We have different evaluations. We will see in 2-3 years whose evaluation is more accurate.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Two top options I'm gravitating toward:

Trade down into the 20s and select Jer'Zhan Newton.

Stick and pick Jared Verse (or Latu, if available, but preferably Verse.)

I could kinda get behind Fautanu after a trade down, but I think I'd be a bit disappointed in selecting a guard convert with our top pick. I really want to lean on Grubb's OL expertise to find value there rather than having to spend premium asset after asset on the OL. There's a lot of smoke around Fautanu to Seattle from a lot of very plugged-in sources, but I'd rather trade back deep into the first or early day 2 and select someone like Jordan Morgan or Graham Barton if they want to hammer guard down.
Mael,

I thought were good with edge guys, we've got Nwosu, Mafe, Taylor and Hall or were you thinking that Verse or Latu could be a hand on the groud guy to replace Myles Adams ?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are plenty of teams that need QB's. I love the idea of trading down to 20 or 22, and adding a 2nd round pick to do it.
Fautanu at 16 would be more than fine. And not just because he went to UW. It's because he's an incredible lineman who can play several positions on the line.
Build in the trenches first.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
There are plenty of teams that need QB's. I love the idea of trading down to 20 or 22, and adding a 2nd round pick to do it.
Fautanu at 16 would be more than fine. And not just because he went to UW. It's because he's an incredible lineman who can play several positions on the line.
Build in the trenches first.
Yes, build the tenches first ! But, our biggest need is to STOPPING THE RUN !!! D-Rob.