Your best realistic first round

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
3 int's last year, best in college, vs 21 int's for Howell. Not a close comparison.
One guy was in college in a short passing game the other in the NFL playing in a pass every down, you are our only hope for winning offense. Try comparing Howell to an established NFL QB in their 1st season of starting

Peyton Manning in his rookie season threw for 3739 yards, 26 TDs/28 ints

Drew Brees in his first season starting passed for 3284 yards 17 TDs/16 ints

Howell will be in a much better place to succeed in Seattle than Washington

GemCity

Reaction score
Unless we grab Jordan Travis in a late round, I’d be shocked to see us draft a QB…

I’m good with Verse at 16.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Unless we grab Jordan Travis in a late round, I’d be shocked to see us draft a QB…

I’m good with Verse at 16.
That’s probably true. Geno will be gone next year. So I guess most people here are on the Howell train.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing more funny than hearing "less than a zero percent chance"

As if the draft is some etched in stone science that is very predictable o_O

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Nothing more funny than hearing "less than a zero percent chance"

As if the draft is some etched in stone science that is very predictable o_O
The success for QBs drafted in first round is 50% — a coin flip.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm referring to a person I have on ignore telling everyone there is less than a zero chance the Hawks take a QB in round 1. And that we need to "get over it!"
I found it hilarious.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Neither is comparing numbers from the pac 12 & the NFL.
24/9 for Howell in 2021 at NC, vs 45/3 for Nix at OR. Apples vs Apples. Again, not a close comparison. I'm not a Nix homer, I'm just pointing out that his stats are much better than Howell. The numbers don't lie. I don't have anything against Howell either, and I'm willing to give him a chance. But let's not pretend the odds are great that he will be much more than average to good at best. In a race between a Pinto and a Porsche, which do you think is most likely to win? We keep trying to make diamonds out of coal, and so far all we have to show for it is lumps of coal. That's why I've advocated paying for diamonds. Like most things in life, you usually get what you pay for.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Mitchell, Latu & Murphy are three of the best defensive players in this draft. Of the three, Latu & Murphy are the most likely to still be on the board at 16. Grab one of them.

Maybe you're not comfortable with Latu's medical. But passing on both would be a mistake.

If there's real doubt about Abe's health & long-term future, then taking a Tackle might make the most sense for this team. Fautanu won't be available. But a taking a guy like Mims with high upside would.

Last edited:

KinesProf

Reaction score
I might be on an island here, but I am enamored with Dejean and the impact that he can be with excellent coaching.

I think there's some Eric Berry and Jalen Ramsey in his game.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I might be on an island here, but I am enamored with Dejean and the impact that he can be with excellent coaching.

I think there's some Eric Berry and Jalen Ramsey in his game.
He's a Safety/Nickle. He doesn't have the fluidity to be an outside corner.

Good player though.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Mitchell, Latu & Murphy are three of the best defensive players in this draft. Of the three, Latu & Murphy are the most likely to still be on the board at 16. Grab one of them.

Maybe you're not comfortable with Latu's medical. But passing on both would be a mistake.

If there's real doubt about Abe's health & long-term future, then taking a Tackle might make the most sense for this team. Fautanu won't be available. But a taking a guy like Mims with high upside would.
Fautanu will be there at 16 I bet. you have Alt, Fashanu, Latham and Fuaga ranked ahead of him. if the early draft is QB heavy you will have a nice pic of Killer o line and D line talent waiting there at 16.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
According to Locked on Seahawks, this is our next C/G. They had us taking JPJ at 16 in their mock draft they did today.

Last edited: