Your honest assessment on Wilson's play in NFC championship?

Axx

Reaction score
Aldon smith was in his face all day.
Aldon played a really good game.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I think Wilson's been in a little bit of a sophomore slump in the late season, but still manages to make the big plays when needed. He also has the luxury of a premier defense that can keep the game in hand until he does. He might not always have that luxury, but I trust he'll learn a lot this offseason and correct most of the concerning tendencies by next season. In the meantime, he's in his second year and the Hawks are going to the Superbowl for the 2nd time in their history and likely playing in conditions that will favor their style of play.

This is going to be a good, long run with Wilson at the helm.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Wilson's slump began with the Wilson chant, which was played immediately before his opening sack fumble. It was not played for the rest of the game and he turned things around, coincidence? Yes.

mort

Reaction score
I think he's missing some plays he's told to run, we are very conservative it's our game plan as frustrating as it can be. But today is proof positive that when it all beaks down, the separation is in the preparation.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Aros":298w02zq said:
Looked tentative in the first half, and our OL flat out sucked. Many times I would have liked to see the old Russell take it and run without hesitation but you felt like he was asked to stay in the pocket too much. Other than that, I was pleased overall.

Thats exactly what I thought too. Russell Wilson is playing like someone who's been ordered to stay in the pocket, and it's really starting to piss me off.

HawkWow

Reaction score
AgentDib":27jkmtgj said:
Wilson's slump began with the Wilson chant, which was played immediately before his opening sack fumble. It was not played for the rest of the game and he turned things around, coincidence? Yes.

And perhaps not. I think Wilson is feeling the pressure of being too many things to too many people. I hope he gets to spend some quality time with past QBs to help him deal with this superstardom he has been thrust into. I think he will grow immensely this off season.

davidonmi

Reaction score
he did it unconventionally, and he did just enough to win, made the big throws and converted 3rd downs.
The Oline play was more concerning

HawkWow

Reaction score
mort":1aweyvax said:
I think he's missing some plays he's told to run, we are very conservative it's our game plan as frustrating as it can be. But today is proof positive that when it all beaks down, the separation is in the preparation.

Good points, but he passed on a few runs that even Manning would have been asked to use his legs. I would be shocked if he's been told..."Russell, NEVER EVER run". There's conservatism and there's also what appears to be an unwillingness to run. Unsure what's up but his strengths are being compromised as the result.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Russell didn't need to win us this game today. I personally like the fact that he is not the primary focus of the team like a Manning or Brady. Just when you think you're going to shut down beast, you can't really expect Russell to roll over and die.

I think it's frustrating reading "he left some plays on the field" because who doesn't? The quest is for perfection, and he will never arrive there. I feel like we expect too much from him sometimes. He's already overcome most of the odds against him. I usually stay off Russ threads because even if he never won another game, he is the quality of man that most will never reach. Not because they can't, rather they just don't strive to do it.

Kid is a second year man, playing in the Super Bowl. He leaves plays on the field. That's what happens when you leave it ALL on the field.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
When I see Wilson running around and looping back to buy more throwing time I find myself screaming at him for not taking the 8-12 yards he had in front of him. Then he finds a guy deep once in a while and think I LOVE YOU RUSSELL. He just missed a couple of big plays that would have brought the house down tonight.

I think against Denver, that he is going to light up the sky with Play Action. Lynch was right when he said "I don't care, we still goin' to the Super Bowl". That Beast Mode is going to own the Big Stage and that RW is going to feast on the leftovers.

He had a clutch game tonight. That 4th and 7 with the offsides free play was MONEY Wilson.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I guess after having watched John Friesz, Stan Gelbaugh, Jeff Kemp, Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer, Glenn Foley, Brock Huard, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Charlie Whitehurst play for this team...
I'm just a little more willing to cut our young Russell some slack.
Is he perfect? No, but neither are any of you.
Did he lead this team to the Superb Owl in his second season? YES!
He is the BEST QB this team has ever had, and he is only going to get better.
If you dudes need to flame him, go right ahead...
But I got nothing but love for Russell.
Go Hawks!

General Manager

Reaction score
He played a very good game made some great throws and did not turn the ball over.

mort

Reaction score
Agreed but he hasn't run for weeks and months it seems. I don't think that him so much, thinking the coaches are very conservative, But I do know he wants to put in their hands and let others have the glory, he wants to let his team members make plays because they can do things he can't, but I don't think he'd give up a W to that end either..... That's when we see the flashes on 4th and 7 when he puts it on his shoulders and is CLUTCH.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Lights out money. Dropped a couple of daggers in the niners. Love me some BIG RUSS.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Wartooth":3u6o3tcv said:
He looked like a guy drafted in the 3rd round, a little under sized.
Going to the damned Superb Owl in his second season!
Ya'll need to climb down off of Russell's ass.

This!

chris98251

Reaction score
When we got down 10 they let him play a bit, he started to move the team and we saw the Russell we know, once we were close things got tightend up again.

Laloosh

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":33jh59kh said:
Needs to keep getting better about trusting his read and pulling the trigger in the quick passing game, and once he learns to step up in the pocket instead of bailing, he will be deadly.

Theme of the night. Kept side/back stepping. Step up and make a throw instead...

Love ém though :)