Your personal all time "Shame Picks" Time to heal.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've never wanted the Seahawks to draft anybody in my life because I don't follow college ball or get into pre-draft stuff. I root for positions of need, such as OL, though.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Koren Robinson: I thought that guy was going to be the Joey Galloway that would stay. On a side note look at how deep that 2001 draft was.

To a lesser extend Bruce Irvin 8 sacks his rookie year and just never developed more pass rush moves to be a consistent factor.

Andre Ware: As a kid, I was blown away by the Houston Cougars Run and Shoot. When you watch a QB lead an offense to 1000 yards and 95 points in one game you can get an overinflated sense of someone's talents.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I thought Tyler Wilson out of Arkansas was going to be a true franchise QB.

I also thought Corey Lemonior from Aurburn was gong to be better than Bruce Irvin.

To name a few.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2a0k0g10 said:
MontanaHawk05":2a0k0g10 said:
Ryan Mallett.

I was on this wagon too. Wanted Seattle to get a great franchise QB and he looked the part. Also waiting for the Jake Locker posts. :lol:
I didn't want the Hawks to draft Locker and I'm a big UW fan and fan of Jake the person.
Just didn't think he had the "NFL it" factor, and struggled with "touch" on his passes IMHO.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I didn't want Sanchez not because I was predicting that he'd be a failure, rather I didn't think that he had sufficiently proven himself to justify a top 5 pick. He was only a starter for one year, played on an extremely dominant team with a killer defense, and was never asked to win games with his arm. I would have been OK with taking him in the lower part of the first round.

But I was huge on Aaron Curry, and was sucked in by the media experts. I thought he'd be the next Lawrence Taylor. But my thinking hadn't progressed. I'm fully convinced that Curry could have done well if he'd been drafted in 1979 instead of 2009. The requirements for being a good linebacker (Bobby, C. Mathews, Luke K.) have changed along with the evolution of offenses and the defenses necessary to stop them. They have to be blessed with good football instincts more than they had to in the past. Curry didn't have the intangibles.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rjdriver":3b0vobcr said:
Hollandhawk":3b0vobcr said:
I'm not a draft expert so I don't really have any input, but did you hear there is a good chance Reuben Foster is out for the year? :shock:

No kidding? Wow.
Which only further proves, my gratitude for my day job.

FWIW this isn't true. Kyle Shanahan said that the worst case scenario was his surgery wouldn't take and he would need another one (to make the point that even if that happened he still loved the value at the bottom of the first) and the media took that and ran with it saying that Foster was going to miss the year. Lynch came back the next day and said Shanahan was being misquoted, and that Foster's recovery was so far on schedule according to their people at Stanford Medical Center.

So, of course it's still possible but "good chance" he's going to miss the year was bad reporting. He definitely does have shoulder issues though, which is why he dropped.

As for the Hawks, not just draft picks, but times I've definitely been wrong:

*With the rest of the known world it seems I was very wrong on Aaron Curry.

*I thought Cary Williams would fit in the Hawks' scheme despite his problems with the deep ball in Philly (I just thought the Hawks overpaid for him even though he'd be good, which I got a ton of grief for here. :lol: ).

* I thought the Harvin trade was a great move for the Hawks. :lol:

* I thought the Jimmy Graham trade was a really bad move for the Hawks (I now think it's kind of a wash).

* I was WAY too late on the KJ Wright bandwagon (IIRC at the time I thought they overpaid on his second contract a bit, rather than really underpaying on it).

* I thought the Hawks were wasting Bruce Irvin's pass rush ability because I thought he had more than he did and didn't totally understand his importance in the Hawks' scheme at the time.

* I thought Kenny Lawler was a great and sneaky late round pick for the Hawks last year (still on the practice squad, but still)

sutz

Reaction score
This thread is why I don't invest a lot of emotional energy on the draft. Well, that and I don't care that much for college FB.
;)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
For top picks, these are guys I wanted leading up to the draft (preceding subsequent trades -- so Jan/Feb prospect crushes)

2010:

Bryan Bulaga at #14

2011:

Jimmy Smith or Muhammad Wilkerson

2012:

Fletcher Cox/Shea McClellin

2013:

DeAndre Hopkins (although assumed he would go top 15)

*realistic options: Ogletree/Kawaan Short

2014:

Jordan Matthews
Joel Bitonio
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Allen Robinson

2015:

Landon Collins (like Hopkins though thought he was a mid teens guy)
Dorial Green-Beckham
Jake Fisher

2016:

Ryan Kelly
Javon Hargrave
Vernon Butler

Hawknballs

Reaction score
After Matt Barkley threw for 39 TDs and 7 INTS in 2011, and before he decided to go back to school, he was pretty high on my radar. I was super adamant that he was our guy with Pete being a USC guy.

Fortunately we took Russell Wilson and the rest is history.

I guess that is a far cry from a "shame" pick; he's not the worst or anything.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In the 2007 draft, I really wanted Seattle to get Brady Quinn so he could sit a year behind Hasselbeck, then eventually become our starter. We didn't have a 1st rounder that year (Deion Branch trade with New England). I was desperately hoping we would trade up to get back into the 1st round and get him.

Then the Browns took him and ended his career. Quinn eventually found his way onto our squad a couple years ago in pre season, but that didn't last long.