Your Top 10 QB's heading into 2016 season

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sac":qh4mzo94 said:
JSeahawks":qh4mzo94 said:
After extensive film study and number crunching:

1. Cam newton: I hate the guy but he's the perfect qb for modern nfl.

2. Tom Brady

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Ben roethlessberger

5. Russell Wilson: even though I have him at 5, I wouldn't trade him for any of the guys above him.

6. Eli manning

7. Tony romo

8. Regular season Carson Palmer

9. Andrew luck

10. my boy Marcus mariota, just wait til the titans put some talent around him.
I can't put Cam at #1 with good poor leadership in the clutch.

Cam is an interesting one. Before last year most would struggle to put him in the top 10. He had a great year last year and did it without a elite receiving corp but there are caveats to his year. He was surrounded by probowl talent on offense, on the O-line, RB and TE. He also played not just an easy schedule but happened to catch opponents at the right time. Seattle while in a funk and then GB on the downslide. Even AZ was a shell of it's former self and the Seahawks on back to back 10am games and a field we obviously were not prepared for. There really just seems like a lot of things you can't count on year in and year out.

It's not like he has been tearing up the league his entire career. This last year was an outlier not the norm. Will he continue on that pace? Or will he revert back to the Cam of pre-2015?

Will his body hold up is another good question. He takes a lot of hits and constantly puts himself in harms way. Even as big as he is that type of punishment has a toll.

I'm not sure where exactly to rank him right now but it definitely wouldn't be #1.

If there were a redraft tomorrow and I had the #1 pick and choice of any QB in today's game, I would take Wilson. Rogers would be his only real competition and I think Wilson will be in the NFL longer and has yet to hit his stride, let alone his peak. Cam might be # 3 due to his age.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I honestly can't see any reason for Cam to be ahead of Wilson, I really can't even when looking at it objectively. Wilson is the smarter player, more accurate, better leader, leads in almost every statistical category while playing a tougher schedule and behind a worse line I could go on and on. I really like Cam as a player too and love watching him play. Just really don't see it.

1A: Rodgers
1B:Wilson
1C: Brady

2. Roethlisburger
3. Newton
4. Brees
5. Romo

And a heap after that.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
austinslater25":ofutmrsn said:
I honestly can't see any reason for Cam to be ahead of Wilson, I really can't even when looking at it objectively. Wilson is the smarter player, more accurate, better leader, leads in almost every statistical category while playing a tougher schedule and behind a worse line I could go on and on. I really like Cam as a player too and love watching him play. Just really don't see it.

2. Roethlisburger
3. Newton
4. Brees
5. Romo

And a heap after that.

For once I agree with austin, but I really think Wilson could be number one on that list this year. Obviously Brady is always there as is Rogers, but those guys are on the downhill side of their careers, where our Wilson has improved every year. If there is noticeable improvement this year, Wilson could be the best there is and I for one won't be that surprised.

Cam though, yeah he's a great QB, but behind Wilson in so many ways.

ctrcat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2i9zoo1g said:
After extensive film study and number crunching:

1. Cam newton: I hate the guy but he's the perfect qb for modern nfl.

2. Tom Brady

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Ben roethlessberger

5. Russell Wilson: even though I have him at 5, I wouldn't trade him for any of the guys above him.

6. Eli manning

7. Tony romo

8. Regular season Carson Palmer

9. Andrew luck

10. my boy Marcus mariota, just wait til the titans put some talent around him.

With 8 wins last year against this list, it will be interesting to hear the easy schedule spin this year again when to the shock and horror of most Cam only has 2 scheduled games against the above list and is a current Vegas favorite in every game but one (@Seattle -3). There's also a win in the last head to head against Brady and multiple other most recent games vs qbs in the thread (Brees, Bortles, Cousins, Rivers, et al).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1w4drwyq said:
An accomplishment to play 16 games? You serious? Just see the 1980-1990 period. Or anything before said period. That said it was the reason for the flag football we have currently and with the concussion issue it's not even the start of from what football will be in 30-40 years. Not that football will be played then but that's another topic and I'll likely be taking a dirtnap by then. So that won't be my problem.

He is clearly listing three QBs who struggle with injuries year in/year out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":2trin2ry said:
austinslater25":2trin2ry said:

2. Roethlisburger
3. Newton
4. Brees
5. Romo

And a heap after that.

For once I agree with austin, but I really think Wilson could be number one on that list this year. Obviously Brady is always there as is Rogers, but those guys are on the downhill side of their careers, where our Wilson has improved every year. If there is noticeable improvement this year, Wilson could be the best there is and I for one won't be that surprised.

Cam though, yeah he's a great QB, but behind Wilson in so many ways.

Honestly you could make a decent argument that he is already #1 and I think by the end of this next year he will top a lot of lists as the best in the game.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3neugd07 said:
Sac":3neugd07 said:
HawkGA":3neugd07 said:
I really don't understand the Romo love.
He's a hall of fame quarterback.
Lmao ... based on what exactly?

Clearly not his 2-4 playoff record or injury history, not to mention the fact that he's always needed a good running back to take the pressure off him to succeed. I don't get it either. I mean, Philip Rivers (4-5 in playoff games) is more clutch than Romo, and hasn't missed a start since taking over in San Diego, but you see no one singing his praises.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Some of these lists are fine, but the rest, with Drew Brees outside of the top 5, that's just crazy. His defense has been trash, but he has been putting up better numbers with less talent than any of these top 10 qbs.

Maulbert

Reaction score
El Caliente":28ov1jb7 said:
Some of these lists are fine, but the rest, with Drew Brees outside of the top 5, that's just crazy. His defense has been trash, but he has been putting up better numbers with less talent than any of these top 10 qbs.

I think the drop has more to do with the fact that he can't carry the team by himself anymore. The Saints defense was 13th in points and 24th in yards the year they won the Super Bowl, and that was before Brees had Graham. He's still good, but he's clearly on the down slope.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Maulbert":2ontf0br said:
El Caliente":2ontf0br said:

I think the drop has more to do with the fact that he can't carry the team by himself anymore. The Saints defense was 13th in points and 24th in yards the year they won the Super Bowl, and that was before Brees had Graham. He's still good, but he's clearly on the down slope.
Who of the qbs listed above him carried their team, like people are expecting Brees to carry his? His stats were on point, but his defense over the last 4 years have been historically bad. No other QB is dealing with that.