Your Top 5 Greatest Seattle Head Coaches/Managers

NoGain

Reaction score
Just thought this might spark a fun debate. I'm including major college sports. Here's my top 5 in order...

1) Don James (6 Conference titles, 4 Rose Bowl wins, 1 national championship--robbed of one in 1984--put Husky football on the map)

2) Pete Carroll (5 division titles, 2 SB appearances, 1 Super Bowl trophy, still going strong)

3) Mike Holmgren (5 division titles, 1 SB appearance, resurrected Seahawk football)

4) Lenny Wilkens (1 division title, 1 NBA championship, once established us as a real NBA franchise)

5) Lou Pinella (3 division titles, made us a serious baseball franchise)

Honorable mentions...

--George Karl
--Chuck Knox
--Chris Petersen
--Lorenzo Romar

Probably forgetting someone...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Just thought this might spark a fun debate. I'm including major college sports. Here's my top 5 in order...

1) Don James (6 Conference titles, 4 Rose Bowl wins, 1 national championship--robbed of one in 1984--put Husky football on the map)

2) Pete Carroll (5 division titles, 2 SB appearances, 1 Super Bowl trophy, still going strong)

3) Mike Holmgren (5 division titles, 1 SB appearance, resurrected Seahawk football)

4) Lenny Wilkens (1 division title, 1 NBA championship, once established us as a real NBA franchise)

Honorable mentions...

--George Karl
--Chuck Knox
--Chris Petersen
--Lorenzo Romar

You nailed my top 5. 👍
Pretty much same order as well.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Can't really argue that list. I'd bump Lou over Lenny though just because the Mariners probably leave Seattle if Lou never came here.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Honorable mentions...

--George Karl
--Chuck Knox
--Chris Petersen
--Lorenzo Romar

I couldn't add anything to that list. Good job. The only one I could possibly argue for is George Karl. Although he didn't win a championship he had our glorious Supersonics playing at an incredibly high level . Damn I miss having the Sonics. I haven't watched the NBA in years.

You did leave Jim Mora Jr off the list and I wanted to ask you why? Haha

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Glad “Ground Knox” received an honorable mention, he took the Seahawks to their first playoff appearance. Ironically, he coached the Rams before and after his time with the Seahawks.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Nice list.

1994 killed George Karl or he would be more than an honorable mention. #1 seed in a "Jordanless" league. Our jumper disappeared against the 8th seeded Nuggets and we blew what should have been a banner raising year. I can't believe it's been almost 30 years.

evergreen

Reaction score
That sucked ball losing to Denver after going 63-19!
In order
Don James
Pete Carrol
Lenny Wilkins
Chuck Knox
Lou

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If UW beats Michigan in the Natty, DeBoer, easily shoot’s up to the top, at number 1.

To win a Natty and go 15-0, in his second year as Head Coach, that’s insane!

Easily the most efficient resume! Lol.

Let’s go Kalen DeBoer!!!!!!!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Good list. Whomever was the coach of the Rain and the Sounders deserves mention.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Pete is at the top. He had to do it in a league with even playing field. James did what he did when none of the other PNW teams had any money, and the recruiting restrictions were far less. As soon as it went to 85 scholarships, uw fell off

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Pete is at the top. He had to do it in a league with even playing field. James did what he did when none of the other PNW teams had any money, and the recruiting restrictions were far less. As soon as it went to 85 scholarships, uw fell off
Yeah, but Don James did it with mostly 3 star recruits.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't give two sh*** about Kalen deFRAUD. Let me guess, an Oregon - BO AND 3 FAN? Typical response.
Oregon was watching on TV, again.
And if you're a Poog fan, that's even more funny.

Last edited: