You're the GM

morgulon1

Reaction score
I noticed Jordyn Brooks is a UFA at the end of this season . I think he's 25 or 26,
Has pretty good stats compared to other top LB in the league , and is going to make a lot more than what he's making now.

My question ❓❓

Do you resign him to a long term deal and if the answer is yes... How much? How long ? *

* Please no " if he takes a team friendly deal " answers. Anyone can say that .

I think he's making 3MM per year and my guess ( yes it's really a guess) is he'll get
15MM + . Especially if he can get a couple of teams in a bidding war.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The issue with Brooks is he's not good at coverage, actually none of our LBs are. He is also not a field general type. He seems to thrive playing the WLB role and he struggled when he was put at ILB. In his career at points he has looked dominant and at others he looked straight up bad. At the end of the day he is a serviceable LB and we don't have many of those.

The issue we're facing is the cap. We're going to be potentially coming into cap hell this offseason. We're going to need to be smart about the guys we retain and let go.

I don't think we have the option to not to sign Brooks at this point. Our LB core is extremely weak at the moment and will be an absolutely barren wasteland without Bobby.

Ozzy

Reaction score
At 15 it’s a no for me. If we get a new staff then maybe as I’m still not convinced some of our guys will look much better in a different system

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone else offering him above $10m APY, and I wouldn't negotiate any higher than that.

I like Brooks a lot more than most here, but he's not going to outperform a $10m APY contract, and I really wouldn't want that to be the starting point. I'm clueless to what the buzz around his leaguewide interest looks like, but I'd say he comes back at $9-9.5m APY with a team out at some point.

bileever

Reaction score
Tremaine Edmunds was the top free agent linebacker this year, and he signed with the Bears for $72 million over four years. Germaine Pratt, on the other hand, signed with the Bengals for $20.2 million over three years.

Is Brooks closer to Edmunds or to Pratt? Edmunds signed for $18 million a year, and Pratt for $6.7 million a year.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
He's a decent player, I'd go no higher than 8/yr. I don't think he'sca corner stone puece to a defense, I could see anoher team seeing the tackles and paying the man. I wouldn't, he just doesn't wow me.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
I agree with the majority, around the 10ish range. I have a feeling he'll make a little more than that. 12-13.

It'll be interesting to see what eventually happens.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I would let him walk as we still need someone to compliment him to make him great. We need someone who can stand in an island of its own and tilt the field. I would look for someone in the draft and develop them if our meaningful goal is to gut everything and be great in 2026.

Chawker

Reaction score
If I was the GM of the Seahawks I'd fire myself after three hours on the job. Why three hours ? Well, Id like to put my feet up on the desk and enjoy a big fat cigar first if you know what I mean.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Tremaine Edmunds was the top free agent linebacker this year, and he signed with the Bears for $72 million over four years. Germaine Pratt, on the other hand, signed with the Bengals for $20.2 million over three years.

Is Brooks closer to Edmunds or to Pratt? Edmunds signed for $18 million a year, and Pratt for $6.7 million a year.
Edmunds is not earning his salary so far with the Bears. Edwards has been playing GREAT on 3 years for $19.5M.

renofox

Reaction score
I've been biting my tongue and waiting til the season is officially over to discuss the issue of available cap and draft picks vs. positional needs.

The conversation will not be pretty, but it will discuss what the Seahawks can actually afford, should they dig deeper into the future cap hole they've created, and what it all means.

The question in this topic without taking the situation into account is pretty tough to answer.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Brooks is an average+ player with an injury history. I don’t see a strong market for him. As GM, I’d tell him we’d like to have him back at around $10-11, and invite him to check his market.

If he walks, we can extend Bobby and Bush, draft a mid-rounder, or pick up a FA. I don’t see ILB as a premium position.

renofox

Reaction score
Over the cap shows there are 7 LBs in the NFL making >$10m/yr.

Does anybody here really think Brooks is a top-7 LB?

The 15th highest paid LB makes $6.75M/yr.

I think that Brooks is somewhere in the 15-30 range. PFF has him at #55.

Fade

Reaction score
1 yr prove it deal with incentives due to the injuries suffered, if he has no market that is.

If he has a market, I'd let him walk and take the comp pick.

One of the biggest mistakes Pete has made over the last 7 years or so, is overpaying his Safeties and Linebackers.

Will he learn this time? No. Pete never learns. So brace yourselves.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks is another dead wight that I would like to see purged from this roster. Why is it taking so long?

Hawknight

Reaction score
If I am the GM, I'd keep a few key players and blow up the rest of the team. Grab any picks in the process via trades if possible and fire all the coaches. No ones safe, including the mascot...or waterboy for that matter. Then once all is said and done tell the Seahawks I QUIT and watch it all unfold. Just for shitz and giggles.

Latest posts