Zach Miller Signs with Bears

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":15qbvvu4 said:
Not worried about Gurley, we held him to about 59 yds last time we played, They had Steven Jackson before and he didn't do much either. You sound like you don't have confidence in Rawls, If he is sound I think he is going to make people worried more the Gurley with a weak QB.
I have every confidence in Rawls but he isn't Adrian Peterson or Todd Gurley. You actually have to game plan for them. You don't game plan for Rawls but you do for Wilson. I know you understand the difference and understand what I'm saying.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
chris98251":n4roa1tc said:
Not worried about Gurley, we held him to about 59 yds last time we played, They had Steven Jackson before and he didn't do much either. You sound like you don't have confidence in Rawls, If he is sound I think he is going to make people worried more the Gurley with a weak QB.

83 and a touchdown to be specific.

With Case Keenum at QB.

Fortunately they seem hell bent at never improving at coach or QB so they may ruin Gurley's career, but the guys talent is through the roof.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":1y7on7u0 said:
Completely disagree, the problem is that College isn't asking TE's to perform the same way, finding a TE that can both block and receive becomes more and more difficult. We asked Miller to Block more because of the huge deficiencies in our O Line, when cut lose such as the Atlanta game his whole game showed what a complete TE can do for you, and he did it with a messed up foot.

Given a TE that has the complete game and a decent O line your offense becomes much less predictable, why do you think we keep going back to the well trying to get one that has a complete game.

Well, you're kind of proving MHG's point. It's getting harder to find an inline TE now with the prevalence of the spread in college, so instead of fighting it and getting guys that don't fit your system or guys that don't quite work out for you, why not just go with more of a move TE that can motion into the backfield and give you flexibility in other areas ? If you really need to run the ball and get some short yardage, just move a Tackle eligible in instead of a TE. It's worked well for us in the past, and guys like Gilliam are pretty good at catching the football as well. Plus, OLmen can block better than TE's anyways.

Or, we could always draft that 400 lb TE from...was it Texas Tech ?

It also goes to MHG's post about drafting OL that played in college. Schneider and Cable have both said that you really can't count on most OL coming from college to make an impact right away, so they go away from that and grab athletes. I think they got too cute with it last year and it bit them in the ass, so I'm hoping they start going a bit more traditional at the position group.

The Cardinals are generally accepted as a team that drafts very well under Keim (I think that's their GM's name). They just traded a 2nd round Guard to the Patriots, a guy that was generally accepted as a good pick by all the draft experts. Every team misses when it comes to OL. It's why it's pretty much a position of need for every team in every draft (excepting the Cowboys the last couple of years, and even then they grabbed a couple).

LegionHawk12

Reaction score
Didn't Zach get laid out at the endzone one game against the Bears? I believe he had to leave for a concussion, though it could have been a different tightend. I forget how long ago this was.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
LegionHawk12":23q8466c said:
Didn't Zach get laid out at the endzone one game against the Bears? I believe he had to leave for a concussion, though it could have been a different tightend. I forget how long ago this was.

I know that Carlson received a concussion against the Bears, but it was on a play heading out of bounds. You may be thinking of Sidney Rice when he was concussed in the EZ on the game winning TD reception in OT.

Rob12

Reaction score
It's embarrassing that this site still can't differentiate between the two Zach Miller's in the league.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Rob12":s21z5oug said:
It's embarrassing that this site still can't differentiate between the two Zach Miller's in the league.

And it's the other one who is still playing.

Latest posts