Zach Wilson traded to Broncos

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if this means the Jets draft a QB given Rodgers age. Also wonder if the Broncos maybe don't pick a QB so high and pass on Nix? I've seen a few people say if a QB falls it's likely Nix.

flv2

Reaction score
The Jets need an O-Line to protect Rodgers and/or successor. Their O-Line has been bottom 5 or 6 for the last 2 seasons. Zach Wilson was bad, but he was in a bad situation.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The Jets need an O-Line to protect Rodgers and/or successor. Their O-Line has been bottom 5 or 6 for the last 2 seasons. Zach Wilson was bad, but he was in a bad situation.

Seriously, you gonna give Zach Wilson the benefit of the doubt but gave Shenault all that shit and gave him nada on his 4 years of horrible situations?

Zach Wilson puts a lot of stress on his O-line just like the other Wilson to be successful. Except one has mastered the arts of Heroball while the other is more like Zeroball. Both Wilsons’ Olines while not good suffered from erratic playground play styles from their QB that us Seahawk fans know all too well.

It might be fun for the fans when it’s working but not fun for 300+ pound football players who have to put in the twice to 3x the work and effort every snap for their QBs to be basically hit or miss. That type of shit always leads to the same situation: constant fatigue that increases the risk of injuries and penalties, inner turmoil of being constantly scapegoated and eventually just uninspiring play where the Oline is just going through the motions rather than going to battle and more or less putting their body and souls on the line to protect their guy. Because what’s the point?

Last edited:

Threedee

Reaction score
New Jersey has a QB curse. Aaron Rodgers had to tear his Achilles to prevent him from playing. Zach Wilson will probably play better in Denver, however much good that actually amounts to.

getnasty

Reaction score
Damn! I was kinda hoping we might trade for Wilson myself. I think he has a chance to still be solid now that he's out of New York, maybe a similar path to say Geno Smith.

chris98251

Reaction score
Damn! I was kinda hoping we might trade for Wilson myself. I think he has a chance to still be solid now that he's out of New York, maybe a similar path to say Geno Smith.
Well with his baby face look he could be in a remake of The Bad News Bears if they made one also. So good thing he didn't end up a Ram I guess. He could be fixed if it is a bad coaching bad team around him problem, he wasn't there long enough I think to get David Carr syndrome.

getnasty

Reaction score
Well with his baby face look he could be in a remake of The Bad News Bears if they made one also. So good thing he didn't end up a Ram I guess. He could be fixed if it is a bad coaching bad team around him problem, he wasn't there long enough I think to get David Carr syndrome.
I definitely think he's a little mentally weak. Couple that with high expectations, poor cast around him and the NY market it's tough situation for any young QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
I definitely think he's a little mentally weak. Couple that with high expectations, poor cast around him and the NY market it's tough situation for any young QB.
New York has got the best of many young guys, tough Environment even when your winning the Mediots try and crush you let alone the pressure to win there. Be from a really Rural area and college team and it could be suffocating.

Scout

Reaction score
Broncos may still draft a QB but I think SP sees that with his talent he can work with Wilson. Wilson needs to process faster to really be a competent NFL QB.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wow, Sean Payton would rather have Zach Wilson than Russell Wilson? Does that say something about Russ or more about Payton?
I think it says more about Payton's ego than Russell's abilities, personally. We'll see - if Zach Wilson becomes pretty good in Denver, I'll be surprised, though.

Scout

Reaction score
SP has worked with less talented QBs in the past. I mean he did technically improve RW last season compared to Hackett' season. Enough improvement to have the Steelers sign R. Wilson this off season.

Zach Wilson is capable of being an accurate passer if he processes faster and he can throw the ball deep. Both traits that SP covets in QB's.

With R. Wilson's season last year SP has probably helped more QB's reach 3000 passing yards under his tutelage than most NFL coaches in NFL history.

Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, Drew Brees, and now R. Wilson.

We will see what the Broncos do during the draft but Zach Wilson is not a statue like Vinny, or Bledsoe. And a lot younger than Wilson while being potentially more accurate of a passer than Carter.

jeremiah

Reaction score

A total steal, he is possibly top 5 against what has been the draft class of the last few years. He has been totally mismanaged. He will flourish of fail under the Denver Dictators coach, THAT IS ALL