Three round Seahawks mock draft

Ozzy

Reaction score
Great stuff.

We haven't gotten production from the interior of the Defensive line so do you think there is a chance they go after that early in the draft as well?

ARhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":d917fra0 said:
Great stuff.

We haven't gotten production from the interior of the Defensive line so do you think there is a chance they go after that early in the draft as well?
They usually address the interior line with cheap free agents like they did with Tony McDaniel, Kevin Williams, and Rubin.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2ddbae72 said:
Great stuff.

I think they'll continue their trend of looking for bargains here, in FA and the draft. Don't see an early pick.

Subzero717

Reaction score
As much as it pains me I think we avoid drafting an OL in round 1 at least. We have a PS full of guys from last year and this line returning. I see us retaining Okung cheap.

Ozzy

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2gdhb6y5 said:
austinslater25":2gdhb6y5 said:
Great stuff.

I think they'll continue their trend of looking for bargains here, in FA and the draft. Don't see an early pick.

I haven't looked at the where the value in the draft is position wise so wasn't sure. It would go against current history though with how they've addressed it. Hoping Clark, Hill start producing down the stretch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Subzero717":20gz0mrz said:
As much as it pains me I think we avoid drafting an OL in round 1 at least. We have a PS full of guys from last year and this line returning. I see us retaining Okung cheap.
Disagree about Okung being cheap. To my eyes, he's a slightly above average LT and considering the state of o-lines in today's NFL, that means he'll command 8-9 per IMO. I believe he's playing for 7 this year. I do find it rather interesting that he's been healthier this year than is his normal.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":7ovkeqjv said:
Subzero717":7ovkeqjv said:
Disagree about Okung being cheap. To my eyes, he's a slightly above average LT and considering the state of o-lines in today's NFL, that means he'll command 8-9 per IMO. I believe he's playing for 7 this year. I do find it rather interesting that he's been healthier this year than is his normal.
He's oft injured and what seems like a false start machine. That said I like him and 8 mill imo is cheap. I don't see him getting Trent W $$$$. The fact he hasn't been extended already could mean Rob is correct and I'm talking out of my arse.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
While the OL narrative has dominated for the last few years, and seems loudest at this stage, I kind of think we may be a bit more open to multiple options.

This defense is clearly broken in it's current state. The reasons could be debatable. And likely multiple.

To me, the ills of this season are blatantly obvious. This is not a team that is supposed to allow spirit crushing multiple 80 yard drives at the end of games to lose them. It's a team that has had horrific issues getting off the field on third down. How much of that is secondary related? How much is anemic pass rush? How much is stupid/avoidable Bennett bail out penalties on third and long? The reasons are so varied.

It's weird, because we're generally in the top 8 or so in most categories defensively. But it does seem that there is a very real and tangible lack of ability to force the issue at clutch times. And repeatedly so.

If I had to put a finger on it, I'm going with general lack of interior pocket collapse. Opposing QBs are far too comfortable with the lack of in the face pressure. And our good pass outside pass rush is too easily negated by moving a step up into a clean pocket.

Seattle has seen us focus the last several years on offense. 2015 (Graham), 2014 (Richardson/Britt), 2013 (Harvin/Michael), 2011 (Carpenter/Moffitt). The defense is really getting 'old'. At least in terms of contract age. Essentially the entire defense is now on their 2nd contracts. We have one rookie contract playing in the starting 11. But it's going to expire in 5 games. With a high expectation it'll walk out the door.

The unit definitely needs a youth infusion here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm with you I think the interior of the defensive line will be more of a priority than people realize at this point. They will obviously draft O-line help and probably hit it via free agency but it wouldn't shock me at all if they go corner or D-line early in the draft.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
austinslater25":1goxjr73 said:
I'm with you I think the interior of the defensive line will be more of a priority than people realize at this point. They will obviously draft O-line help and probably hit it via free agency but it wouldn't shock me at all if they go corner or D-line early in the draft.
Likewise. Interior D-line is badly in need of an upgrade. BTW, where the hell has Jordan Hill been this year? Talk about MIA.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
O-line need isn't really a 'narrative'. It's where need matches the talent. If Aaron Donald or Sheldon Richardson or Dominique Easley was in this class -- I'm in.

This group of 2016 DT's isn't going to solve the problem you want to solve. It's crap-tastic. Big names, but barely anything to get excited about.