Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Is it safe to say . . .

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Is it safe to say . . .
Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:59 am
  • that none of the QBs in the draft are going to amount to a hill of beans? I'm not sure the last time the top QBs in the draft made me say, "Who?" Obviously I've heard of Watson but he doesn't seem to be considered the consensus top QB, which makes me think his transition to the pros is questionable.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Re: Is it safe to say . . .
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:09 am
  • I think Watson will be the best of the three. But all 3 will suck if they don't get time to sit and watch. Unlike Russell Wilson, they are not transitioning from a Pro Style offense.

Kizer and "Mr. Biscuit" will likely be no better than average. I know Mayock loves Deshone, but I don't see the mental aptitude. As always, I could be way off, but he doesn't strike me as "All Football, All The Time."
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:00 am
  • I think Mahomes and Trubisky both have potential. The thing is that evaluating QB's is still a mysterious process. Tom Brady was not regarded that highly. Tim Couch Was. Ryan Leaf was. Bust after bust after bust. You just never know. I think Mahomes could be special, so I don't want to see him go to the Cardinals.
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:22 pm
  • I'd say it's hard to say.

QBs have such a huge learning curve. Depends on how they grow after one to two seasons.

Really difficult to say who's going to be the next Paxton Lynch/Brock Osweiler or the next Derek Carr/Dak Prescott.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:11 pm
  • Mahomes is a QB to target late in the 1st round for teams needing a QB.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:16 pm
  • I agree with Attyla, hard to know until after they are drafted to a team. I don't know if this group is worth an early pick and the brass of the qb hungry teams being married to a 3 or 4 year learning curve tho,
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:51 pm
  • I kind of like Mahomes too. He's got a little Russell Wilson to his game. Stepping up in the pocket, then breaking out to the left, with a little sideways throw to his receiver, just before he goes over the LOS.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information