NCAA Miami decision

Throwdown

Reaction score
Any idea on how bad these should be?

If I recall, the allegations were pretty bad.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm sure the fact that Miami self-imposed a 2 year bowl ban already will be factored in. Combine that with the completely inept way in which the NCAA handled the investigation and I don't expect much, most likely the loss of some scholarships.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":107or7f6 said:
I'm sure the fact that Miami self-imposed a 2 year bowl ban already will be factored in. Combine that with the completely inept way in which the NCAA handled the investigation and I don't expect much, most likely the loss of some scholarships.

didnt factor in when Don James retired and imposed the ban on the Huskys way back when. Not to sound bitter (as that was the beginning of the end of dominance for Husky football) but I'd be stunned if the NCAA factors in Miami's self imposed bans. if they do, they are being historically hypocritical...

oh wait, this is the NCAA

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
As a Miami alum I am thrilled with the decision. We lose 9 scholarships over 3 years. That seems like a slap on the wrist compared to the charges but we had already self imposed two bowl bans plus an opportunity to play in an ACC conference championship.

I know a lot of Hurricane haters won't be satisfied and were hoping for the death penalty but the NCAA just couldn't build their case despite the investigation proceeding interminably. The NCAA investigation itself was the worst sanction against the U, since it dissuaded many talented recruits from committing to the program.

Head coach Al Golden should be commended for the way he has overcome the bungling of the former coaching staff and restored credibility to the program. We are ranked 7th in the country right now and are on our way back to being a national power. That's a good thing for college football...

Throwdown

Reaction score
I just wanna see someone get the death penalty, I wasn't alive for the only one time they've used it, I was really banking on Penn State to get it though, but they didn't.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":qphmf3xo said:
I just wanna see someone get the death penalty, I wasn't alive for the only one time they've used it, I was really banking on Penn State to get it though, but they didn't.

Not only that they are already taking back some of the punishment.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1glxz0g2 said:
Yeah, if systematically covering up child molestation doesn't warrant the death penalty what the hell does? The NCAA is a complete joke.

Latest posts