Geno Game Time Decision

kidhawk

Reaction score
They elevated the newly signed Sean Mannion from the PS for this game because Geno injured his groin in practice. He’s going to be a game time decision so they will want the extra QB for insurance.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If he isn't practicing, don't play him. I would hope they learned from 2 weeks ago
If the overwhelming feeling is the Lock sucks, and Geno is hurt, way not let Lock prove all of the hater right? what is the worst thing than can happen? Hawks lose, no one would be surprised, Lock gets hurt no one would care, Lock wins….. .net would melt down. That would be welcome. Hell, every win is welcome at this point.

2 banged RBs means lots of passing. Geno and a sore groin my be a sitting duck.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If Geno can't play why force it? He will get killed out there. Dressing Lock in a whats likely already a loss isn't a big deal. Why get a player more hurt?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
+1 for letting Geno sit. I see no sense in playing an injured Geno. I don't think his elbow is right.

James in PA

Reaction score
In the past 24 hours, the line has jumped from +10.5 to +13.5.
🤔

James in PA

Reaction score
It is so dumb to play a banged up Geno in this game. You are not winning in SC with a healthy Geno, so why risk further injury? They are gonna have to run the table after the SF game anyway, so why not let him rest up especially with an extra day off for MNF?

That all said, it's too logical, so I fully expect Geno to play, because playing a banged up Geno against SF worked out so well for them last time.

renofox

Reaction score
+1 for letting Geno sit. I see no sense in playing an injured Geno. I don't think his elbow is right.
If they're gonna keep him next year, let him get healthy.

If they're gonna dump him next year, bench him now (for the rest of the year) so we don't get stuck with a guaranteed salary due to injury.

Bench Adams and Diggs now for the same reason. If they aren't both cut this team is toast next year anyway.

nwHawk

Reaction score
You play to win. Unfortunately for Geno he is at the top of the food chain. Change has to start somewhere.

cymatica

Reaction score
If the overwhelming feeling is the Lock sucks, and Geno is hurt, way not let Lock prove all of the hater right? what is the worst thing than can happen? Hawks lose, no one would be surprised, Lock gets hurt no one would care, Lock wins….. .net would melt down. That would be welcome. Hell, every win is welcome at this point.

2 banged RBs means lots of passing. Geno and a sore groin my be a sitting duck.
I would like to see what Lock looks like with a full week of reps

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Incredibly disappointing to have this happen right after he got in a big groove against Dallas.

That said, if it's Lock, I'm hoping that we work some magic with him. Go heavy on 13 personnel, work the tight ends, feed the run game, and let Lock game it out on the ground. Maybe we can hit them for some explosives eventually. It's the 49ers regardless, so we'll need magic to win. They're a juggernaut right now.

keasley45

Reaction score
I'm hoping this is just gamesmanship by Pete to try to get any advantage possible. Forcing the 9ers to have to prep for the potential of Lock starting...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Shefter reporting its a 2 week injury so forcing Geno in at this point would be ridiculous.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Bench him for the rest of the season, offer him a backup role, let him walk if he turns it down.