Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Russ Seems Lethargic In Presser

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Russ Seems Lethargic In Presser
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 am
  • Is it just me or does Russell seem to be lacking that passion/enthusiasm he has always shown in the past, especially for mid week pressers? I just watched the whole interview and he just seems to be lacking "something". I don't even know what it is really. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe he's simply tired or bummed to be constantly asked about the issues on offense. Maybe Ciara is taking his energy in - ahem - certain ways...I don't know, I am probably looking too much into his demeanor on one random presser on a Wednesday but I think we can all agree that he's not playing at his peak level this season and I just don't know why that is.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Russ Seems Lethargic In Presser
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:14 am
  • Russell's finally hit the critical mass point where even he's now tired of his cliches.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 am
  • Perhaps the "no time to sleep" silliness is finally catching up to him.
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 am
  • here it comes...... :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Russell's finally hit the critical mass point where even he's now tired of his cliches.

I would have written this, but you did. He's growing up.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 am
  • Ad Hawk wrote:Perhaps the "no time to sleep" silliness is finally catching up to him.

His new mantra: "Yo woman, I need some damn sleep!"

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:39 am
  • Reporter: "Russell, what do you think about this week's tough east coast matchup with a Giant's team that is coming off a great win in Denver where it looks like they're now back to playing well?"

Russell: "No time to sleep.................why not us.....................the separations........................in the.................preparzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 am
  • 2 young kids will do that to anyone
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:52 am
  • He isn't brand new out of college. Only a few keep the same zip. Russ still wants to win and win superbowls. Other then that its eh to me.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:56 am
  • btw, this is the same criticisms of Belichick and Brady in pressers, their energy is so low they're practically comatose.

But they do that out of a vindictive hatred for the press, Russell's just publicly boring in general.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:56 am
  • Fatherhood can be quite tiring. And Russ has always been a far from electric interview to begin with.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 am
  • There is a guy at work who complained that Russ was too corny and robotic. Now he's complaining that he's too mellow. Pretty much describes quite a few fans :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 am
  • I'm relatively certain that Russ is a human being. Sometimes human beings don't feel 100% amazing for any number of reasons.

This is a big fat nothing burger.

I continue to be amazed at how desperately this fan base wants to tear down the best QB in the history of our franchise and will nit pick the tiniest, most trivial things to do so.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:08 am
  • Who knows. I'll watch Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, and Aaron Rodgers interviews to see if they're somehow more upbeat and less cliche
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:08 am
  • Shoot, I was loving the F bombs he threw out after the TD against the Colts. His teammates clearly liked it too.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    I continue to be amazed at how desperately this fan base wants to tear down the best QB in the history of our franchise and will nit pick the tiniest, most trivial things to do so.

Whoa, relax. I don't think asking the question and having some fun with Russell's boring personality is "tearing him down."

Love Russ, but he's a cliche machine bore in his pressers. When has he said one interesting thing?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am
  • He's probably getting tired of eating the same thing every day with that 4,800 calorie diet. All those almonds and oatmeal...
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:54 am
  • Could be tired of feeling like this guy.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 am
  • Tate is in town for a visit. :stirthepot:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Whoa, relax. I don't think asking the question and having some fun with Russell's boring personality is "tearing him down."

Love Russ, but he's a cliche machine bore in his pressers. When has he said one interesting thing?

I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't referring to just this thread or just your comments in this thread.

To answer your question, I don't know when Russ has ever said anything interesting and I don't really care. From everything I know about him, I believe he is a very good man and a very good football player. That's all that matters to me in regards to Russ.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't referring to just this thread or just your comments in this thread..

Welcome to .Net, let me show you around.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:15 am
  • He is not "that" lethargic. He managed to get the $10,000 G from his Gatorade bottle in perfect alignment of the camera. ;)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't referring to just this thread or just your comments in this thread..

What is this supposed to mean? I'm pretty familiar with .net, been here quite a bit longer than you as a matter of fact.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:29 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

What is this supposed to mean? I'm pretty familiar with .net, been here quite a bit longer than you as a matter of fact.

It means this place has been negative about everything for a looooooooooooooooong time, so not sure why you're mad and defensive for Russell about another negative thread. Especially one this tame.

Fire Bevell, Fire Cable, Pete's lost it, Russell's not elite, trade Jimmy, O-line sucks, Sherman needs to shut up, the media is biased, NFL refs have it out for us, should I keep going?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 am
  • Let me be clear. I didn't mean to start another "negative" thread about Wilson. It was simply an observation having watched many of his pressers. I admitted it could be nothing at all, and likely is, but it still struck me as something to discuss on a Thursday afternoon.

As long as he gives his all on gameday that's all I could possibly ever ask for. His clichés never bothered me. I will take that over a smug jerk any day of the week aka CAM.

I guess I just was hoping to see him a bit more fired up for a challenging road game across the country which could mean a win at best would put us in first place in the division (with a Rams loss Sunday) or at worst a loss could put us in 3rd place behind the Rams and Cardinals. BIG GAME.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:27 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

It means this place has been negative about everything for a looooooooooooooooong time...
    Right, that is basically what I was referring to in the part of my 1st post in this thread that you quoted.

...so not sure why you're mad and defensive for Russell about another negative thread. Especially one this tame.
    Not mad, just super sick of all the negativity constantly heaped on Russ on this website. I don't usually comment in the constant Russ bashing sessions here because I've learned that it's completely pointless, but every once in a while I just can't help myself. This was one of those times. Yet again, I should have just rolled my eyes, shrugged, and moved on like I usually do.

Fire Bevell, Fire Cable, Pete's lost it, Russell's not elite, trade Jimmy, O-line sucks, Sherman needs to shut up, the media is biased, NFL refs have it out for us, should I keep going?
    Yes, you're really just scratching the surface.

This place is hilarious and pathetic all at the same time. If I knew nothing about the Seahawks and suddenly stumbled across this site, the only logical conclusion I could come to is that this team is awful. One of the worst in the league for sure. Our coaching staff is made up of a bunch of bumbling idiots, our front office is just as bad, our QB is somewhere between terrible and mediocre, our OL is the worst in the history of the NFL and couldn't possibly improve no matter what, our RB's all suck, Willson is better than Graham and Graham is soft, and I'm guessing we have a pretty forgettable defense since no one really seems to mention them much unless it's to bitch about something that didn't go perfectly even when they hold the highest scoring team in the NFL (at the time) to 10 points.

Aros, I apologize that this all came out in this thread, it certainly wasn't my intention and this thread is no where near as bad as most. BUT, I already typed out my little rant/tantrum and I'll be damned if I'm going to delete it now. :)
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:32 am
  • Pete just told him Odhiambo is still the starting LT.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:38 am
  • Seymour wrote:He is not "that" lethargic. He managed to get the $10,000 G from his Gatorade bottle in perfect alignment of the camera. ;)

See, he still has his eye on the important stuff.

:twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:It means this place has been negative about everything for a looooooooooooooooong time, so not sure why you're mad and defensive for Russell about another negative thread. Especially one this tame.

Seconded. At times this place is barely tolerable.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:13 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    Aros, I apologize that this all came out in this thread, it certainly wasn't my intention and this thread is no where near as bad as most. BUT, I already typed out my little rant/tantrum and I'll be damned if I'm going to delete it now. :)

It's not unique to this site, or any other fan site.

It's just the nature of fandom, we tend to dwell on the negative. Probably cause at the core of any crazy sports fan (and let's be honest, if you're a regular time waster on this site? You're a crazy sports fan)............we're armchair QB's who want to fix the negative things going on with our teams.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:13 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

It's not unique to this site, or any other fan site.

It's just the nature of fandom, we tend to dwell on the negative. Probably cause at the core of any crazy sports fan (and let's be honest, if you're a regular time waster on this site? You're a crazy sports fan)............we're armchair QB's who want to fix the negative things going on with our teams.

But it's a fair criticism that the people who aren't generally hospitalized from the severity of their knee-jerk reactions are regularly shouted down and buried under avalanches of false logic and hyperbolic gloomerism better suited to professional wrestling, which is not entirely unique to this site, but is certainly endemic.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:19 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:buried under avalanches of false logic and hyperbolic gloomerism.

That's some poetry right there people. I'm totally stealing "hyperbolic gloomerism."

Isn't that what Michael Jackson slept in?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:buried under avalanches of false logic and hyperbolic gloomerism.

That's some poetry right there people. I'm totally stealing "hyperbolic gloomerism."

Isn't that what Michael Jackson slept in?

I don't know. Why don't you ask him?

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:55 pm
  • Doesn't ciaras ex still have a contract on his head? Gotta sleep with one eye opened.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:05 pm
  • Aros wrote:Is it just me or does Russell seem to be lacking that passion/enthusiasm he has always shown in the past, especially for mid week pressers? I just watched the whole interview and he just seems to be lacking "something". I don't even know what it is really. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe he's simply tired or bummed to be constantly asked about the issues on offense. Maybe Ciara is taking his energy in - ahem - certain ways...I don't know, I am probably looking too much into his demeanor on one random presser on a Wednesday but I think we can all agree that he's not playing at his peak level this season and I just don't know why that is.

You're close, very close.

Think...#Ciara
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:27 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:2 young kids will do that to anyone

Was going to say this word for word.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:27 pm
  • Aros has been quick to pick up on nuances in the past. He has an uncanny sense for these things.

After watching it, I get the vibe that Russell is exhausted.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:43 pm
  • acer1240 wrote:Aros has been quick to pick up on nuances in the past. He has an uncanny sense for these things.

After watching it, I get the vibe that Russell is exhausted.

- signed Aros' mother.

And you've been around since 07?

.....C''mon.
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:03 pm
  • Maybe the addition of his first child to his household has something to do with it?

I know many people that changed drastically after their first child came, it can't be helped in most cases, it's just that way.

GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 pm
  • Wow, some of you look to deeply into things..
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 pm
  • 12HawkFan wrote:Maybe the addition of his first child to his household has something to do with it?

I know many people that changed drastically after their first child came, it can't be helped in most cases, it's just that way.

GO HAWKS!!!

You know many folks that changed drastically after a child? Folks do change without a doubt...I did after my first child...

Thing is though, i worked harder.
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:37 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:Wow, some of you look to deeply into things..

Yeah, a lot of amateur psychologists here. :snack:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:33 pm
  • There's the fonz...on skis...on a mountain this time tho..
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

It means this place has been negative about everything for a looooooooooooooooong time, so not sure why you're mad and defensive for Russell about another negative thread. Especially one this tame.

Who do you consider one of the best teams in the NFL this year? If the Cheifs are on your short list, check out this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthre ... 0&page=270

Are Seahawk fans so much different than any other fans? I would love to be in the Cheifs psotition right now and looking forward. Yet...fans are going nuts for losing a close game in Thursday night against a hated division rival.

Get off your high horse and try to understand peoples reactions to the Hawks games are just human nature. THAT is ultimately what we love about being a fan of our team. We invest in the team, becuase they are winning, we bitch and complaine becuase we care when they are losing. When losing becomes the expectation people just fade away and dont give a shit.

We didnt have the internet when the Hawks sucked ass and were the gum on the bottom of the NFL's boot for a decade plus. Could you imagine what this site would have looked like back in, lets say 1993? I was there, no way would I have been positive with that shit show that was happening and I would have walked away from watching for years, just like I did at the time.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 pm
  • It's cuz he knows he's going back to the Seahawks East Coast home....

KaKawwwwwwwww
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 pm
  • Aros wrote:Is it just me or does Russell seem to be lacking that passion/enthusiasm he has always shown in the past, especially for mid week pressers? I just watched the whole interview and he just seems to be lacking "something". I don't even know what it is really. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe he's simply tired or bummed to be constantly asked about the issues on offense. Maybe Ciara is taking his energy in - ahem - certain ways...I don't know, I am probably looking too much into his demeanor on one random presser on a Wednesday but I think we can all agree that he's not playing at his peak level this season and I just don't know why that is.

Maybe all the political BS is getting to him. Maybe, he just wants to play football. Maybe, his team mates have put him in a position he doesn't want to be in. Not because he doesn't care, but because he cares about playing football, not politics. Just sayin...
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 pm
  • He might be tired, might not feel like talking to the press. Or hes tired of his own cliches. I just wish wilson would say something we havent heard sometimes. Hes so damn politically correct.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:11 am
  • He's getting in the head of his opponent and doing an Eli.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:50 am
  • Ad Hawk wrote:Perhaps the "no time to sleep" silliness is finally catching up to him.

He has a baby now so No time to sleep has become literal.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 am
  • Seymour wrote:Tate is in town for a visit. :stirthepot:

To quote Silicon Valley ”Thrice a cuckold!”
    Slick
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]