Great to see Penny get work

lukerguy

Reaction score
To use a 1st round pick on a running back, he's got to be elite, not just okay...

I don't see elite, do you?

mikeak

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1zd1wig9 said:
Pete explained why Penny got more carries. Due to injuries, they had to use Carson on special teams. Carson was gassed having to play more on ST so to give him a break they went with Penny. Seems plausible to me.

and facts proved this false

He played on special teams TWO PLAYS in the second half

TWO PLAYS

No this is about PC proving that Penny was a good pick because he probably pushed for him (speculation)

mrt144

Reaction score
hawkfan68":nkgfbivh said:
Pete explained why Penny got more carries. Due to injuries, they had to use Carson on special teams. Carson was gassed having to play more on ST so to give him a break they went with Penny. Seems plausible to me.

I had to set my house on fire to kill a spider.

Jville

Reaction score
What's with all the name calling and misrepresentation? You guys are better than that.

How about posting a complete uncensored response 1:00 into post game Pete Carroll Press Conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1yoKMVapbyWGQ[/urltargetblank]

Transcript on Chris Carson question ..........

Question: ... was Chris Carson hurt or did you just go in another direction?

Pete Carroll response: no ... he was a little gassed from working on special teams and helping us ... we had some guys out ... so he had to kinda double dip and really I wanted to see how we could do with Rashaad .... give him some playing time .... get him out there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He didn't deserve 5 touches in that half, much less all the action. Carson is such a better RB than him it's not even funny. Happy we drafted the next Christine Michael though, so hyped.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jville":2olccz35 said:
What's with all the name calling and misrepresentation? You guys are better than that.

How about posting a complete uncensored response 1:00 into post game Pete Carroll Press Conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1yoKMVapbyWGQ[/urltargetblank]

Question: on was Chris Carson hurt or did you just go in another direction?

Pete Carroll response: no ... he was a little gassed from working on special teams and helping us ... we had some guys out ... so he had to kinda double dipped and really I wanted to see how we could do with Rashaad .... give him some playing time .... get him out there.

Again - the information comes directly from PC but it was false in the sense that he played TWO plays on ST in second half

He was taken out in the 2nd quarter

Are you seriously believing that a professional football player has two plays in him for 2q+

Jville

Reaction score
mikeak":344p4zww said:
Jville":344p4zww said:

Pete Carroll response: no ... he was a little gassed from working on special teams and helping us ... we had some guys out ... so he had to kinda double dipped and really I wanted to see how we could do with Rashaad .... give him some playing time .... get him out there.

Again - the information comes directly from PC but it was false in the sense that he played TWO plays on ST in second half

Are you seriously believing that a professional football player has two plays in him for 2q+

Opinions about game decisions are expected.

But, lets be accurate and complete about what another human being actually said.

drrew

Reaction score
Carson subbed himself out on the first drive.

He either has an injury issue, a conditioning issue, or a mentality issue.

Can we stop pretending he's some sort of all-pro?

Jville

Reaction score
drrew":1lyrs9pd said:
Carson subbed himself out on the first drive.

He either has an injury issue, a conditioning issue, or a mentality issue.

Can we stop pretending he's some sort of all-pro?

Boy Howdy! There are no all pro running backs in Seattle.

Just a bunch of guys challenged to put a running game together.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3ha9j9li said:

Carson was in on 2 special teams plays.................2!!!! He cannot be gassed from 2 special teams plays.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1uy1nsw1 said:
He didn't deserve 5 touches in that half, much less all the action. Carson is such a better RB than him it's not even funny. Happy we drafted the next Christine Michael though, so hyped.

Penny actually understands the game and is a much smarter cat than CMike. Bad comparison.
I love Chris Carson's game but let's not pretend he is BeastMode II.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
olyfan63":12x6k3fn said:
Hasselbeck":12x6k3fn said:

Penny actually understands the game and is a much smarter cat than CMike. Bad comparison.
Nobody is saying that he is beast mode two, we're saying that he is the much better back than Penny is at this point in time. There is no arguing that fact right now.

As for your point about Penny understanding the game and being smarter than CMike, I'm not so sure. He had issues learning the playbook and picking up things in the Senior Bowl practices from reports I read. Whenever he is on the field Wilson has to direct him and personally show him where to go. Was never psyched for this pick. As many have said out he looks like a first rounder version of Micheal Turbin.

kf3339

Reaction score
Jville":1vc92mte said:
mikeak":1vc92mte said:
Jville":1vc92mte said:

Opinions about game decisions are expected.

But, lets be accurate and complete about what another human being actually said.

^Fake News. Ha! :irishdrinkers:

bighawk

Reaction score
I actually like Penny he is not quite in game shape. As well he needs to establish a playing weight he is comfortable with. I think getting Fluker back will help our running game. They see something in Penny he can be a game breaker while Carson can be our pound it back. There is room for both backs .

olyfan63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1654k1qg said:
olyfan63":1654k1qg said:
Hasselbeck":1654k1qg said:

Nobody is saying that he is beast mode two, we're saying that he is the much better back than Penny is at this point in time. There is no arguing that fact right now.

As for your point about Penny understanding the game and being smarter than CMike, I'm not so sure. He had issues learning the playbook and picking up things in the Senior Bowl practices from reports I read. Whenever he is on the field Wilson has to direct him and personally show him where to go. Was never psyched for this pick. As many have said out he looks like a first rounder version of Micheal Turbin.

You're comparing a rookie/college senior in a one game event to a multi-year veteran who STILL had difficulties with playbook basics? And based on hearsay?

Did you mean ROBERT Turbin? Or is that Christine Michael + Robert Turbin = Micheal Turbin? The back who doesn't know the play, and constantly gets tripped up by an extra-tall blade of grass at the line of scrimmage?

You're just in HATER mode on Penny without giving him a realistic chance. I liked what I saw from Penny against the Bears. Except on not stopping the pick 6 by coming to the ball.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Instead of making a new thread, I'll just bump this one of that's ok.

Penny was a disappointment today. A huge factor of that would be limited work due to how great Carson was doing.

But he squandered the few opportunities he had. Fumbling that read option was bad, and I'm really concerned with where he's at right now.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":176wwpjo said:
He's a rook from a small school. Chill out.

He's a first round pick who looks slow and confused, being outplayed by a 7th round pick in his second year.

My criticism lies more with the scouting department and front office for reaching on a player with their first round pick who looks like he doesn't belong on the field with the big boys.

So no, I will not chill out. I will take this very seriously. :sarcasm_off:

TreeRon

Reaction score
To me it looks like he's still learning that some of those jump moves along the LOS and etc don't work in the NFL. Eventually he'll get the message that it's one cut(if that) and up the field. Once he's in the open field make all the moves he needs.
If he never gets a clue, he'll be out of the league.

Latest posts