Fire Pete

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Pete will be here until his contracts up then there will be a decision . He could also get an extension in the off season if this team continues to play well this year. When I say well I mean finishing 8-8 or better. Considering the massive turnover we had I think they have done well in finding quality young talent to replace them and putting this team on a track to get back to the playoff's if not this year then certainly next year. The offense and defense are getting better every game .

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":4fvckyht said:
That's right the most wins for us an all. Pack his bags the game has passed him. Lets get some new
blood in here who can actually scheme. Just so I don't have to see the 3rd and 1 and pass or empty.
This team is going down the crapper and he is the head. Its time to move on. Start the hating rage on.
But its true and yall know it.

:irishdrinkers: :rumble: :pukeface:
Not hating, you just don't understand the game and our HC. When you can't' run, you are stuck with throwing the ball more than you should. We lost Marshawn, the Rawls, then Carson.
Now that we can run, we win 3 of the last 4.
Obvious to me a lack of patience and the vision to see improvement.
Kids these days, they say the strangest things.

OP
OP
hawkcrazzed

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
When I put this post up in was in total frustration. After watching this team do the same crap they had been
doing.We now look like a competent offense. When u watch this team going down the backside of the mountain. With
pete doing his happy go luck bs. Then ya it gets me so upset that i was/am ready for him to go off into the sunset. This team is showing promise but these teams are the bad ones. Yes the rams game we did well but they haven't had hard competition yet either so we don't know who they are. Reguardless i will still cheer them. Just pointing out pete isn't a
damn saint. If he can turn it around fine but if not SEE YA.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":n2srko4c said:
Ahhhh the I told you so’s after beating a horrible team , lol

Yep.

And, er, almost beating the best in the league.

And beating the Cowboys.

And the Cardinals.

And putting up over 150 yards rushing in several games in a row.

And RW getting 3 TDs.

And. . . nevermind.

toffee

Reaction score
Scored on first drive checked.
Scores in redzone checked.

Fire Pete, he is a must fire.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":1m3huuam said:
When I put this post up in was in total frustration. After watching this team do the same crap they had been doing.We now look like a competent offense.

So maybe don't call for heads after Week 4?

hawkcrazzed":1m3huuam said:
If he can turn it around fine but if not SEE YA.

That's a completely fair sentiment - but we have to give him TIME to turn it around.

Tim Ruskell was given the time to reload the roster. After the time elapsed, he was sent packing. Pete hasn't had enough time yet. And evidence is now building that he is indeed rebuilding very well.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Dumping Pete Carroll and trading Wilson for draft picks is like trading a winning lottery ticket for 2 more lottery tickets.

Just dumb.

If we continue on this current course, and we certainly may regress for all I know, then we will be a solid playoff contender with a good young defensive core and a franchise QB. We will be a contender for greater things next year if we can re-sign Fluker, Clark, Coleman and find the next KJ in the draft.

Of course the next game we lose will burst everyone's bubble and we will see the fire Pete crowd back in full force. Which is too bad. I don't think the franchise has had a better coach for balling out and being in every game. We've been blown out maybe 5 times in his tenure. Seahawks used to get blown out regularly in the past.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Pete has a great scheme and philosophy provided the talent is there and they bought in.

I will say his weakness will always be his game on the wire decisions as well as when he chooses to or not to throw a challenge flag.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":24pgv2c2 said:
Pete has a great scheme and philosophy provided the talent is there and they bought in.

I will say his weakness will always be his game on the wire decisions as well as when he chooses to or not to throw a challenge flag.

Yep.

I think Pete's reminded everyone this year what a brilliant defensive scheme teacher he is, especially in the defensive backfield. He's rounded a bunch of young players with a couple veterans into the #7 ranked defense right now.

I was on Pete's back a lot early in the season, mainly because of how poorly the offense was playing, and Russell seemed lost. But Pete's proven to me that he's still a great teacher, and his players continue to learn and get better as the season progresses.

That's a sign of a great coach.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2pgzn6nu said:
Ahhhh the I told you so’s after beating a horrible team , lol

About as predictable as the posts flippantly dismissing a thorough butt whooping as meaningless because it wasn't against the Rams or the Patriots.

lol

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Chortling over beating a stripped down Raiders team that is being derailed by its own FO in order to make it easier to move?

A bit premature.

If this team beats the Lions and Chargers? Well they had better.

Frankly, this team got a gift this year - SF lost their starting QB...which gives us 2 extra easy wins. So a 7-9 team on paper should be able to get 9-7 given that gift to the schedule.

That isn't the reason to get rid of Pete. The reason is going to be if you think Wilson can be a top tier QB, because he won't be a top tier QB under Pete with this philosophy and this roster. Especially if we gut the team further to pay Wilson his bigger contract. (Again, I still don't believe Wilson will stay here anyway...but if you want to win with Wilson, you better find him a coach that can take advantage of his abilities).

Now, if they beat the Lions & Chargers and then beat GB? Then the playoffs are in play, because we should expect to beat the 49ers twice and the Cardinals should be a win at the end of the year.

But beating a toothless Raiders team changes nothing. We know the Raiders are trying to move the team, so they are trying to destroy the loyalty of their fanbase in order to make that move easier. We lived through this when the Sonics were trying to move and drafting groups of 7'2" centers that were 107lbs each.

It should surprise nobody that we beat up on the Raiders. But it doesn't mean anything.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You keep saying that about the 9ers, who were not lighting things up with JG.

People are not "chortling" about beating the Raiders. The Hawks struggled against the Cardinals so any win is not something to dismiss regardless of the point trying to be made.

They are excited about the progress they see from week to week. Progress initiated by the coach

toffee

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":308b6bt1 said:
Chortling over beating a stripped down Raiders team that is being derailed by its own FO in order to make it easier to move?

A bit premature.

If this team beats the Lions and Chargers? Well they had better.

Frankly, this team got a gift this year - SF lost their starting QB...which gives us 2 extra easy wins. So a 7-9 team on paper should be able to get 9-7 given that gift to the schedule.

That isn't the reason to get rid of Pete. The reason is going to be if you think Wilson can be a top tier QB, because he won't be a top tier QB under Pete with this philosophy and this roster. Especially if we gut the team further to pay Wilson his bigger contract. (Again, I still don't believe Wilson will stay here anyway...but if you want to win with Wilson, you better find him a coach that can take advantage of his abilities).

Now, if they beat the Lions & Chargers and then beat GB? Then the playoffs are in play, because we should expect to beat the 49ers twice and the Cardinals should be a win at the end of the year.

But beating a toothless Raiders team changes nothing. We know the Raiders are trying to move the team, so they are trying to destroy the loyalty of their fanbase in order to make that move easier. We lived through this when the Sonics were trying to move and drafting groups of 7'2" centers that were 107lbs each.

It should surprise nobody that we beat up on the Raiders. But it doesn't mean anything.

The first two games of this season was terrible, but the last two games? Wilson played some good ball, his migration to pocket passer with occasional runs, based on these two games, is unexpectedly good.

I would like to know, in your opinion, which coach, or OC will give WIlson the best performance?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
If they finish with 10 wins I’d be on the he earns another year. If they finish with less I’d cut bait. Looking at the schedule I see 4 wins they should get so they have to win another 2 games against Minn,Rams,Packers, Panthers,KC, Chargers. Gonna be tough to get to 10 imo.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
toffee":2pe19uqq said:
I would like to know, in your opinion, which coach, or OC will give WIlson the best performance?

Sean McVay, Andy Reid, Doug Peterson

With that said I know they are not available. You pick up and coming OC from a similar mold and hope he works out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ieokdol said:
Chortling over beating a stripped down Raiders team that is being derailed by its own FO in order to make it easier to move?.

Couple things;

1. The Hawks did what good teams do to bad teams, beat them soundly.

2. Score aside, what we saw yesterday was an ASS KICKING, even Gruden said they got their ass kicked all over the field in every phase of the game.

If #2 isn't a good sign, then I don't know what is. What we've lacked the past two years is the bullying, on both sides of the ball......and what we've seen the past two weeks is that bully reappear to dictate and beat teams physically.

THAT'S what I was most impressed with yesterday, I saw the bully back, on both sides of the ball. Steamrolling over defenses and knocking receivers clean out of the game.........which makes four receivers knocked out in two games if you're keeping score at home kids.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is the question.

Were the Raiders trying to get back up and we beat them down?

Or

Were the Raiders just lying down in the first place?

That is the dilemma. We won't know until after the Lions and Chargers games.

If this team is truly taking a big next step forward - they have to win those games.

As Largent pointed out, we are beating the bad teams. We have almost all our wins courtesy of the 'sisters of the poor'. We have one win against a decent team, beating the Cowboys. But we have games against the Panthers and Packers that will decide this question.

(Whether the Cowboys are actually good or not, or the Jaguars literally just are imploding because of Bortles is a question that needs answers too. But based on what Richard is doing with that defense - I expect they might be decent).

The Chargers are a team we tend to struggle with, but if we beat them that would be important. I do think for us to get a chance to go to the playoffs we almost have to beat the Chargers.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1fodecvv said:
toffee":1fodecvv said:

Sean McVay, Andy Reid, Doug Peterson

With that said I know they are not available. You pick up and coming OC from a similar mold and hope he works out.

This is like selling a $5000 winning lottery ticket to by 5000 tickets on next years draw in order to "win it all".

Pete Carroll has a proven track record of developing great teams at college and pro level, winning the top prize and looks to be repeating that once again. And you are wanting to take a chance on an unproven OC from a pass happy offense?

Latest posts