Offense strategy is offensive

xgeoff

Reaction score
I've tried but I just can't buy into Darrell bevell's offense. Percy Harvin had 11 catches for over 120 yds today for the jets. For us, we only got him the ball in those stupid jet sweeps and bubble screens. I don't see our receivers getting good separation and I don't think it is their fault.

I think we need better set of plays and play calling.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
xgeoff":16jd3ho5 said:
I've tried but I just can't buy into Darrell bevell's offense. Percy Harvin had 11 catches for over 120 yds today for the jets. For us, we only got him the ball in those stupid jet sweeps and bubble screens. I don't see our receivers getting good separation and I don't think it is their fault.

I think we need better set of plays and play calling.

He was catching dump offs in a loss.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Not a big Bevel fan either but I'm sure our revolving door Oline doesn't help matters. Our most senior OL was a DE until 2012 and our center is making his very first start and doesn't have much experiance at all. If we are never going to activate Michael maybe we should trade him for a Center?

Cartire

Reaction score
Yep, because Wilson's 4 horrible throws and Willsons 3 horrible drops are Bevells fault.

And the 1.2 seconds of pocket before its collapsed.

Can people seriously learn something new to complain about. You're doing it wrong.

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Cartire":17x3gnzl said:
Yep, because Wilson's 4 horrible throws and Willsons 3 horrible drops are Bevells fault.

Can people seriously learn something new to complain about. You're doing it wrong.

LOL! I'm not blaming Bevell for the poor line play, but I am just not seeing plays that put our receivers in positions where they are open as much as other teams do. I watch football all day on Sunday, and it just *seems* like other offenses are more imaginative and put their receivers in better situations to achieve separation and make plays.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
xgeoff":18948io5 said:
Cartire":18948io5 said:

LOL! I'm not blaming Bevell for the poor line play, but I am just not seeing plays that put our receivers in positions where they are open as much as other teams do. I watch football all day on Sunday, and it just *seems* like other offenses are more imaginative and put their receivers in better situations to achieve separation and make plays.

When was the last time you saw a slant? How about a 7 yard crossing pattern? How about a TE going to a soft spot in the zone, how about a running back that is available for a checkdown?!

You are correct Bevell sucks.

Most games Wilson bails him out. Sometimes Lynch.

Also, Cable sucks

davidonmi

Reaction score
HawkMeat":3pq5otj7 said:
The injuries have killed this team.

Not having an elite WR is huge. Thanks Percy
Percy is an elite WR? News to me

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Well who would be replacing him next year? I think this would be a good topic for discussion honestly. He may get a head coaching job if we make a run again in the playoffs. Who would be a candidate? Someone who is on the hot seat bc his team is under achieving? Someone from college? Would love your guys thoughts

Go hawks

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was ugly. Russell Wilson played like crap and the defense went into a preventive mode in the second half but the Seahawks still won. They didn't play to the it's how you finish mantra that PC preaches. They didn't finish this game well. Bad football in the second half kept the score close. The Raiders should not have posted 24 points and this game shouldn't have been that close. Seahawks are looking quite mediocre each game. At least they aren't the 49ers so there is still hope.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We're down to table scraps on the OLine. We had about 5 plays of 10+ yards called back because of them being dumb. I can't really rip on the play calling too much.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
To the OP.

What play calls should he make? His O-line is depleted. The tight ends remaining can't block. And his QB was as nervous as a mountain goat on crack. That right there just chopped off half the play sheet.

Sometimes you win FUGLY, smile, and go home.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3g5unl09 said:
xgeoff":3g5unl09 said:
Cartire":3g5unl09 said:

When was the last time you saw a slant? How about a 7 yard crossing pattern? How about a TE going to a soft spot in the zone, how about a running back that is available for a checkdown?!

You are correct Bevell sucks.

Most games Wilson bails him out. Sometimes Lynch.

Also, Cable sucks

All the time. Watch the ALL-22. Im sorry. Seriously, watch it and stop with this insanity. Its becoming stale and bulls***. EXECUTION EXECUTION EXECUTION.

There are 11 people on that field that are not winning their battles whether you want to believe it or not. Our team is good. Our team isnt as good as you think. And its the executions that are failing. And not the playcalls.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'll give Bevell a slight pass this week, but he's still an asshat. You know what DID and would've worked today? Any delayed draw or screen. We ran, I think 5, when realistically we could've run 25 before the Raiders ever adjusted (most likely they never could).

So, yeah, Bevell had a tough hand dealt to him today. Especially with Russ being off, but, why cant he adjust to what the defense is giving him, ever.? He has the in game awareness of Terri Schiavo.

Seafan

Reaction score
Seriously. Your QB is having his worst game ever and when it's first and 10 how about handing the ball to Lynch. NO!

That's all vintage Bevell. The Fire Bevell/Bevell Sucks threads are getting old. Why? Because they are happening too often.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":2gehvq32 said:

...and you are complaining about the complainers, maybe you should take your own advice?

I guess Bevell didn't call those horrific bubble screens today that were epic failures, glad his posse still loves him though!