Any Kevin Williams critiques?

byau

Reaction score
Just curious, with the poor play of the Bears (and I'm guessing by extrapolation Jared Allen as discussed here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100680 )

Any comments or compliments on Kevin Williams?

I only recall watching for him the first game (Green Bay) and I thought he did alright against the run.

But I haven't really been paying attention to him since then

Of course this pops into my mind now because of Mebane's exit during the game this past Sunday

Any comments on how this guy's been doing?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
#1 rush defense in the game; I'd say all our interior D line guys get a passing grade.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think he's fallen off some but his technique more than makes up for it. As long as Jordan Hill stays healthy, and they keep KW's reps as is, he should be pretty much flawless.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3mgrslm1 said:
#1 rush defense in the game; I'd say all our interior D line guys get a passing grade.

Yes true.

I am curious: what about him personally? I haven't been keeping an eye out for him and I'm curious how he is holding up?

With Mebane out, curious how the DT rotation will work. Assuming Kevin Williams is possibly getting more snaps.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
ivotuk":3birycf9 said:
I think he's fallen off some but his technique more than makes up for it. As long as Jordan Hill stays healthy, and they keep KW's reps as is, he should be pretty much flawless.

Thanks. Curious are there any other guys that can slide into the DT position temporarily to help out the KW-McDaniel-Hill trio?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
His playing time fell to just 16 snaps in the last game, as Jordan Hill returned to the rotation to play 39 snaps. That probably had something to do with the volume of passes by the Giants. Williams has not shown himself to be a steady pass rusher this season, while Hill has struggled against the run. McDaniel, also not a consistent pass rusher, played a season-low 14 snaps.

I thought Williams would have played a lot more after Mebane went down. The most concerning thing was that Bennett/Avril played around 90% of the snaps. Avril did have a season-high four QB hits on Manning, and Bennett notched a sack.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I saw a lot of Demarcus Dobbs (#95) playing nickle DT when Mebane went out, so I'd guess that will continue.