Lynch Gang Sign Celebration?

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
This is a question, was Lynch throwing up gang signs after he scored his 4th touchdown? And if he was, do you think it matters?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3ix0kpbh said:
I think he was and I'm totally okay with it. Gangs have become a part of our national society. Anyone who has a problem with Lynch throwing up signs after a TD is a racist.

That makes a lot of sense, kids watching a guy use gang signs is not a good thing.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
HawkCop":3c4qzw1x said:
It wasn't a gang sign. It's fingers crossed for his Family First Foundation. My wife and I met Mama Lynch before the game and she asked us if we ever saw her son make that sign after a score. She took a pic with my wife making the same sign.
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=54E4AD3F

Thanks for the info.

logo.png

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Either way gang sign or foundation sign, Lynch is an OG, Bones,Thugs, and Harmin' it. Straight Outta Compton, if Compton was East Oakland. He a hood homie, there is no denying it.

And honest whatever I love about Lynch is what I like about Ice Cube, both have matured through their industries, grown up, and have good jobs with great money and solid celebrity status. But to me they've kept their NWA mantras as a big part of who they are, kind of never forgetting where they came from.

Ice Cube obviously being older is a little less so but really other than some slightly white washed roles like his char in Are We There Yet? he has always portrayed a brotha with an attitude and hood strong.

It doesn't bother me one bit, people shouldn't have to change who they are or at least they don't have to forget what as forged them and where they came from to find success.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
HawkCop":1u4xrlkh said:
It wasn't a gang sign. It's fingers crossed for his Family First Foundation. My wife and I met Mama Lynch before the game and she asked us if we ever saw her son make that sign after a score. She took a pic with my wife making the same sign.
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=54E4AD3F

Cool pic. My cousin with a masters in psychology teaches at Lynch's high school in Oakland... Lynch cares a great deal about that community and is doing tremendous work there. She's been extremely impressed by him. Speaking French there wouldn't do much good, if you catch my drift...

seahawk 17

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":5ebn6rtl said:
I think he was and I'm totally okay with it. Gangs have become a part of our national society. Anyone who has a problem with Lynch throwing up signs after a TD is a racist.

I have no problem with him throwing signs, and I knew it wasn't a gang sign. To say that someone who doesn't like it is a racist is pretty ignorant. Gangs are criminal enterprises and prone to violence. They provide no benefit to society. That makes a person anti crime/gangs...not a racist.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":7eodw1sn said:
TorontoHawk":7eodw1sn said:
peachesenregalia":7eodw1sn said:

That makes a lot of sense, kids watching a guy use gang signs is not a good thing.

I disagree. I think it's very educational and promotes cultural acceptance and enrichment. This is the 21st century now. Gangs are a thing and we should all embrace them like Marshawn has.

I think the issue is a little more complicated than you make it out to be. Gang violence is still a big problem in this country. An eight year old girl recently died in a drive by shooting in Oakland. The nature of gangs are that you have in-groups and out-groups, and their signs are used to distance gang members from rival gangs. The mission of Lynch's foundation is actually to empower inner city youth in the Bay Area with the knowledge that there is more to life than being in a gang.

“I had a kid that came to my camp that told me that he was committing suicide by coming to my camp, because of the area (North Oakland) that it was in. And by him coming, he felt like he was putting his life in danger. But he said he wouldn’t miss the opportunity to come out there and be a part of it."

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy

Anyway, the argument is moot since Lynch's TD sign is specifically a way to promote his foundation, not a gang sign.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Completely not racist in my opinion, but it is cool to find out it wasnt gang related and really why i asked the question, since i wasnt sure and didnt want to presume anything.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Pretty sure that "pro gang dude" wasn't the least bit serious, but since someone bit ol' dude just ran with it. Kind of entertaining....

Basis4day

Reaction score
4801848.jpg

If for one thought the same thing when BMW did it in the Beastquake game. What could this "1" and "2" symbolize?

:sarcasm_on:

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Guys, Its an L for "Lynch"

It was asked on facebook and a Lynch family member confirmed it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":142lw4j7 said:
vin.couve12":142lw4j7 said:
Pretty sure that "pro gang dude" wasn't the least bit serious, but since someone bit ol' dude just ran with it. Kind of entertaining....

How very dare you....

LOL, sorry I didn't catch that. It's still early morning over here. :34853_doh:

A

Anonymous

peachesenregalia":a33wnkli said:
peachesenregalia":a33wnkli said:

Great post man. Solid.

:34853_doh:

HansGruber

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3mtm6lna said:
TorontoHawk":3mtm6lna said:
peachesenregalia":3mtm6lna said:

I disagree. I think it's very educational and promotes cultural acceptance and enrichment. This is the 21st century now. Gangs are a thing and we should all embrace them like Marshawn has.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this forum.

Of course, you're just trolling the thread and trying to provoke, so... no need to play into that.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Lynch's reference to himself and his charitable foundation clearly demonstrates how gangster we are here in Seattle. It's all about surviving mad fights and then educating policymakers and leaders on the dire challenges posed by falling birthrates.

chris98251

Reaction score
Trolling a thread to provoke a hostile repsonse, I think it's a week in the Cooler :)

17014__34896.1411201721.200.220.jpg

Latest posts