Helfet, Cooper....TE....Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION
Chancellor, Kam....SS....Groin

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/injury-report.html[/urltargetblank]

Chiefs make it easy on me to post the injury list...I like it

111214-InjuryReport-Chart2.jpg

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
There is no way we make a playoff run with this hobbled up team. I just sucks.
We were so lucky last season in regards to injuries, hence the main reason we won the SB.
The healthiest team this year will win in AZ.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":23qrikyt said:
We were so lucky last season in regards to injuries, hence the main reason we won the SB.

We had 3 of our 5 offensive lineman out for a 8 game stretch. We lost Miller last year. Didn't have Harvin for virtually the entire year. Browner and Thurmond were out for huge stretches. Clemons was hurt a few games. I am probably forgetting some. We adapted.

The main reason we won the Super Bowl last year was not injuries. The main reason we won was because we were the best team in the NFL despite dealing with injuries.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":701j5itj said:
There is no way we make a playoff run with this hobbled up team. It just sucks.

Andrea: Fixed it for ya'.

Hawks46

Reaction score
No wonder Brock Coyle has looked slow on the field, he sprained his ass ! (or he could've broke his ass and now has a big crack in it! 8) ).

Seriously, it looks bad, but half the guys that DNP were just being rested. Lynch always misses Wed practice, Bennett is also starting to look like a Wed or Thurs scratch, Coyle likely plays, and Burley has been nursing that hamstring for 3 weeks now.

Burley and Lane can split reps to keep both of them healthy. Bennett plays. Lynch plays. Coyle likely plays. Bradford is insurance. Willson came back from a high ankle sprain last year in 3 weeks. If he's out this week, he's back next week.

We won last year because we had outstanding depth. Our OL was about as injured last year as this year, but we were missing both Tackles and we all know how that affected the offense. Britt has stayed healthy, proven to be a good run blocker and is improving in pass pro.

We'll be getting Wagner back. Kam hopefully stays healthy, but honestly Jeron Johson could be starting for over half the teams in the league. Lane is coming back. Maxwell is coming back.

It honestly comes down to younger guys stepping up. I hope Richardson and Norwood can keep improving, that will help the passing game. Michael is seeing the field more. Turbin is playing better. We're trending up, even if we lose this week.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score

Good thing the Green Bay Packers didn't listen to that type of statement in 2010 when they had 16 players that ended the season on IR during their path to a Super Bowl victory. It they can win the Super Bowl beat to hell then why not us? Until we are out of the playoff picture/playoffs there is always a chance, for now its "next man up"

Laloosh

Reaction score
The TE situation is just scary... Not to mention that the middle of our defense is hosed right now. How we continue to play the run well eludes me.

olyfan63

Reaction score
bigtrain21":ede9pqsw said:
Seahwkgal":ede9pqsw said:
We had 3 of our 5 offensive lineman out for a 8 game stretch. We lost Miller last year. Didn't have Harvin for virtually the entire year. Browner and Thurmond were out for huge stretches. Clemons was hurt a few games. I am probably forgetting some. We adapted.

The main reason we won the Super Bowl last year was not injuries. The main reason we won was because we were the best team in the NFL despite dealing with injuries.

Hawks46":ede9pqsw said:
Seriously, it looks bad, but half the guys that DNP were just being rested. Lynch always misses Wed practice, Bennett is also starting to look like a Wed or Thurs scratch, Coyle likely plays, and Burley has been nursing that hamstring for 3 weeks now.
We won last year because we had outstanding depth. Our OL was about as injured last year as this year, but we were missing both Tackles and we all know how that affected the offense. Britt has stayed healthy, proven to be a good run blocker and is improving in pass pro.

We'll be getting Wagner back. Kam hopefully stays healthy, but honestly Jeron Johson could be starting for over half the teams in the league. Lane is coming back. Maxwell is coming back.

It honestly comes down to younger guys stepping up. I hope Richardson and Norwood can keep improving, that will help the passing game. Michael is seeing the field more. Turbin is playing better. We're trending up, even if we lose this week.

These two guys have it nailed.
Pete is crazy like a fox. He is managing the injury situation, trying to get guys healthy and gelling at the right time, and the time is now. He's winning games narrowly by resting nicked up players and having guys step up, so the top guys are healthy to play against the strong teams.

I really like our chances. We're like the 2010 Packers, the 2005 Steelers (sorry), the 2012 Ravens, the Tampa Bay Dilfers (the only SB-winning QB to be *cut* the following season). There are plenty of precedents for a team like ours winning the Superb Owl.

Enjoy the ride and watch these guys compete. It's going to be the underpaid/overperforming guys that play a big role. Malcolm Smith, JR Sweezy, Michael Bowie, Jerome Kearse, Clinton McDonald/Tony McDaniel last year; maybe guys like KPL, OBS, Alvin Bailey, Jordan Hill, PRich, Simon will be making key plays in this year's run, along with our high-paid stars.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
The worrying thing is we've accumulated these injuries so soon. We're only one game past halfway and five of our remaining seven games are tough divisional matchups against physical teams. We can probably expect an IR per game from here on out.

Our O-line is perennially gimpy and it's hard to imagine them staying healthy for the year, plus Richard Sherman's on the cover of Madden people! That curse is going to hit soon.

I'm also worried RW3 is running too much, we all saw what happened to RG3.

XOXO

Blitzer

Chawks1

Reaction score
bigtrain21":38q99hf0 said:
Seahwkgal":38q99hf0 said:

^^^ yes, this. We overcame injuries and suspensions last year. Every team has them. It's how we adapt. Our depth is beng challenged though. We had better depth last year I think. This weekend could be a defining moment for the team if we can overcome this adversity this week and beat a good team on the road.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3rn2ivoh said:
Seahwkgal":3rn2ivoh said:

None of which were as crucial as the injury to Mebane. And while we did lose Miller, we didn't lose him for the entire year, and we had Golden Tate to compensate.

I'm not making predictions; I'm simply saying that I honestly do view it as a more dire situation.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like WR Jenkins and CB Owens went from Limited to No participation today.

CB Gaines went from Full to Limited participation

111314-InjuryReport-Chart.jpg

StoneCold

Reaction score
Everyone has injuries. Clayton, who I sometimes think pulls muffins from his tin hole, was listing the number player starts each team in the NFC west has lost to injury, and AZ was at the top of that list. We don't yet know who of the young guys is going to step up and we don't know who on the other teams will go down by the time we play them. No need to speculate until game time. Not telling others what to do, just that's my take on it.

SC

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Thursday

Seahawks

OUT
Wagner, Bobby....LB....Toe

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
Carpenter, James....G....Ankle
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Calf
Burley, Marcus....DB....Hamstring
Coyle, Brock....LB....Glute
Lane, Jeremy....CB....Groin

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
Willson, Luke....TE....Ankle

FULL PARTICIPATION
Bennett, Michael....DE....Not Injury Related
Smith, Malcolm....LB....Groin

Looks like Lane went from limited to sitting out today, but I am under the impression that Lane and Burley would be splitting reps this weekend, so I'm guessing they both will be ready to go, but should know more tomorrow.

Willson was upgraded to Limited, so that's a good sign (what does he take to get those ankle sprains to heal so fast)

Bennett, Smith and Helfet are all upgraded to full practice status, so good news there.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":16dneyi1 said:
plus Richard Sherman's on the cover of Madden people! That curse is going to hit soon.

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh it hasn't hit yet? It's going to get worse? Thought we were in the middle of the curse.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Game Status

Seahawks

OUT
Wagner, Bobby....LB....Toe

DOUBTFUL
Carpenter, James....G....Ankle
Burley, Marcus....DB....Hamstring
Coyle, Brock....LB....Glute

QUESTIONABLE
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Calf/Rib
Lane, Jeremy....CB....Groin
Willson, Luke....TE....Ankle

PROBABLE
Bennett, Michael....DE....Not Injury Related
Smith, Malcolm....LB....Groin

Pete said in his presser that Lynch should go on Sunday, but he's listed on the report as questionable. I assume that is because Pete also said he's a little banged up.

Also questionable are Willson and Lane. Pete made it sound like Lane was starting at Nickel for us, and that Willson looked good but they'll evaluate him on game day to make sure he gets through warm ups ok.

Also from Pete's presser, Burley, Carpenter and Coyle are highly unlikely to go this week.

My take is that we have 4 inactives due to injury (Those lised as OUT and DOUBTFUL) and the rest should be good to go.