4th down PI

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Where was that PI? I swear that was a PI. I don't like the play call, but we don't like a lot of play calls, and if the refs had called a PI the Hawks would have had 4 chances to take the lead and the finish would have been much different.

I know, most of you are going to say never should have been in that situation.

Don't say that, please. Give credit to the refs. They changed the outcome of the match. Not saying the Hawks would score, but I believe they would.

What do you think?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
No, it wasn't PI. Baldwin wanted the call…but it was clean. It was a stupid play call on 4th down. That's all.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Forget the fact that calling a slot fade to the shortest WR on the team is a low percentage call to begin with, it was incidental contact. If Baldwin continues the route through the contact he has a shot at the ball but he gives up on the play so he can whine to the refs.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1zl1pqg6 said:
No, it wasn't PI. Baldwin wanted the call…but it was clean. It was a stupid play call on 4th down. That's all.

Agree completely.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
It probably could have been PI but we got away with a couple too. 3 actually that could have been called against us that I saw. I'll hate Bill Leavy till the day I go back to be with baby Jesus but I think he called a fair game today, for the most part.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yup, they called it the same both ways. And, just like in my bedroom, I'll never complain when shit goes both ways.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Definitely contact, might've been incidental, don't know if it was just a bump and the legs got a little tangled or what. Route was disrupted, but if incidental contact is not breaking the rules in that situation, then I understand the non-call. From what I remember, he was looking back at the ball and moving (Baldwin was doing the same thing, and they happened to bump each other). I could see it both ways.

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
May have overreacted. But I still say that there was contact.

Edit: never mind

What ifs. Man I hate them.

vonstout

Reaction score
It was PI. Baldwin faked a post and turned out to the corner and got rubbed off his route. He had no chance of getting to the spot where the ball was thrown. Their legs didn't get tangled up. He hit him up high.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely thought it was a PI but when you leave the game in the officals hands sometimes it doesnt go your way.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's not going to be a PI, but I also can't see how it isn't Illegal contact, by definition of the rules, and the "additional emphasis" on them.

If we had better WRs, maybe they'd get respect. I see them getting mugged a lot, but on the other hand, when they don't get mugged, they still don't get open.

seahawks187

Reaction score
by the letter of the law it was prob a PI but can't leave it in the refs hands to make a call.. the play was horribile.. if you told the chiefs D that we were going to run a quick fade route to baldwin they would take that allllll day long.. no lynch.. don't have to deal with RW as a threat to run at all.. lol if ur gonna go for it then GO FOR IT.. that's the go to play??

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It was a defensive penalty, whether PI or IC--you can't run into the reciever's route and let him run into you.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I thought it was a fair call. There was a little contact, but not enough to throw the route off that much. Just a guess, but I think Wilson and/or Doug were seeing man coverage instead of zone coverage. The chiefs disguised it so well when the DBs switch receivers it screwed up the timing of the route/throw.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
They could have called this and been justified in doing so, but not calling it was fine as well. Considering that we got bailed out by a pretty meh hands to the face call that led to our first TD, I'm certainly not pointing to officiating as any part of this loss.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I could understand if they were both running parallel and there is contact as they are trying to get to the ball. Happens every play.

But that defender ran AT Doug, then gave him a forearm that shoved Doug off his route. Nothing incidental about it.

Dumb call anyways. But imagine if we had a tall wide receiver that can go up and get those types and plays. :shock: I know crazy!

Anthony!

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":r1acj949 said:
I could understand if they were both running parallel and there is contact as they are trying to get to the ball. Happens every play.

But that defender ran AT Doug, then gave him a forearm that shoved Doug off his route. Nothing incidental about it.

Dumb call anyways. But imagine if we had a tall wide receiver that can go up and get those types and plays. :shock: I know crazy!

We do his name is Norwood but despite catching everything thrown his way he does not get on the field enough.

So Wilson gets to throw to

5-10 Baldwin
6 - Richardson
6-1 Kearse aka stone hands

Yeah that scares defenses, they played man most of the day and our guys hardly got open and never seemed to make any plays on the ball.

seahawks187

Reaction score
please if baldwin took acting lessons from wherever parish cox and the dude on the bengals that flopped when steve smith touched him then he would of got that call