How stupid is Greg Rosenthal?

ivotuk

Reaction score
There's a video of him talking on the page with Marshawn's interview, and Rosenthal said: "Russell Wilson only makes 1 or 2 plays each week that are planned, the rest of his plays are all random"

Say what? So on all of RW's plays each week, he only follows the plan on "1 or 2 of plays" and the rest of the time he makes random plays. Does that mean that instead of "Fire Darrell Bevell," we should be chanting "Fire Russell Wilson?" Blame him for the bad plays?

Odd, just plain odd.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -to-chiefs

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I think he probably meant that Russel is only designed to run the ball a couple times, and the rest are improvising and scrambling.

DaveyP

Reaction score
I believe on this week's Around the NFL podcast (which is a fantastic show, by the way, so long as you have a sense of humour) Greg says something along the lines of "the only offensive plays where Seattle showed any success this week were when Wilson improvised and miraculously saved the play on his own". Which was certainly wrong, as the running game looked pretty good in non short-yardage situations, but it was hardly critical of Wilson.

As far as the passing game goes, though, I totally agree with him.