This Team is GOOD

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Penalties that are on high leverage plays can absolutely screw with the scoring margins. You have to be really unlucky for that to happen. Seahawks had 4 questionable calls against them that would have resulted in changes of possession. That’s crazy. I can’t think of a penalty on Cleveland with such high leverage.

Seattle is the most penalized team in the NFL and that's not because the refs have it out for them.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
No, pointing out that the refs made game altering calls that weren't even actually penalties is completely different that luck.

And sure, the way you describe the pick sounds like luck. Actually watching the play though, Adams created that turnover by attacking the pass and jumping at the right time. That was him using awareness to actively disrupt the play.

Not sure how you figure that was luck in any sense, as if Adams tripped upwards into the air .

As said before, Seattle is the most penalized team in the league. Are you sure they werent penalties? I didnt hear or see the NFL offering any apologies.

The ball went off his head. Not his hands or his arms. His head. That was luck.

keasley45

Reaction score
How good is this team? If they play to their potential every week, it's realistic they don't lose another game. I mean if they'd have played to their potential so far, with the injuries, we'd at worst be 6-1.

Kool-aid aside, this is a championship caliber team if they don't beat themselves.

keasley45

Reaction score
As said before, Seattle is the most penalized team in the league. Are you sure they werent penalties? I didnt hear or see the NFL offering any apologies.

The deflection wasn't luck. It went if his head because he was blocked as the qb released the ball, causing him to shift in mid air.

The ball didn't reach its target because Adams put himself in a position where it couldn't. That's a good play everyday.

I'd take one of those a game for the rest of the way, happily.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Oh come on. Blaming the refs is as bad as discounting luck. Geno played like garbage and the defense gave up 14 points. Seattle was lucky to win that game. Walker threw an interception off of Adams head to even allow Seattle the chance to win in the end. How often does that happen? Lucky.
Seahawks scored a significant amount of points against what many say is the best defense in the league right now.
They won the game on the last dive with a perfectly called and executed play.

The officiating was complete garbage and although it was poor both ways at times, it certainly favored the Browns.

I’d agree that some luck played a role but both teams had some “luck”, I certainly don’t agree that the Seahawks were lucky to win if luck alone is what you’re saying is the reason they did.

uncle fester

Reaction score
The way this team has been assembled certainly flies in the face on standard ‘tear it all down’ or ‘full rebuild’ approaches. Perhaps teams who recently seem to be stuck on a rebuild loop could learn a thing or two?

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The way this team has been assembled certainly flies in the face on standard ‘tear it all down’ or ‘full rebuild’ approaches. Perhaps teams who recently seem to be stuck on a rebuild loop could learn a thing or two?

That's an interesting take. Pete's teams never seem to be in full-fledged rebuild mode for the exception of the first 2 years or so. It's More like a 'reload' loop.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The deflection wasn't luck. It went if his head because he was blocked as the qb released the ball, causing him to shift in mid air.

The ball didn't reach its target because Adams put himself in a position where it couldn't. That's a good play everyday.

I'd take one of those a game for the rest of the way, happily.
Come on brother, you're talking to Pitt. He's a good guy, but If the Hawks do something good, he will downplay it. And it's Adams, so I'm not not surprise it would get downplayed. That will never change and is exactly what I expected.

Officiating was crap on both sides, but to act like it didn't favor the Browns is just plain denial. 3 drives were extended on ticky tack calls. That game was about to be a borderline blowout. Magically, the Browns kept getting the benefit of the doubt.

cymatica

Reaction score

I watched the game, they weren't penalties. A hands to the face was called when spoon contacted the upper chest. A 4th down PI was called on Woolen when all he did was hand check while Cooper actually committed opi with a shove. Game changing penalties that were called when possession would have changed on simply good defensive plays.

And if you think the helmet tip was luck, then you didn't watch it, Adams created the play by jumping as Walker threw the ball after he blitzed the gap. Not going to argue with you any more about that because you obviously made up your mind it was lucky despite the fact Adams deliberately caused the tip.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
TOTAL push off. I'm not saying the refs were "out to get the Hawks" but this is very common with officiating these days. Keep the game close, it's ridiculous. Those calls were not even close. That "PI" on Riq changed the entire course of that game. Hawks were up 10, would have had the ball in really good field position and had a legit shot to put the nail in the coffin. ALL momentum was killed on a sh** call.
As far as the Adams play, he jumped high AND you can see him turn his head. He flat out made the game saving play. But.........it's Adams, so I guess it never happened. What would be the narrative if Bobby made that same exact play?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Come on brother, you're talking to Pitt. He's a good guy, but If the Hawks do something good, he will downplay it. And it's Adams, so I'm not not surprise it would get downplayed. That will never change and is exactly what I expected.

Officiating was crap on both sides, but to act like it didn't favor the Browns is just plain denial. 3 drives were extended on ticky tack calls. That game was about to be a borderline blowout. Magically, the Browns kept getting the benefit of the doubt.

I get it. I do. The point I was making was that its rare to see a pass get deflected perfectly off of a players helmet. Its almost always a players hand or arm that he has extended. Not saying Adams wasnt in a spot to disrupt the pass because he obviously was. As for luck, the dropped pick 6 was incredibly lucky because it was right in his hands.

As for the officiating, its the same story every single week and it gets tiresome. Every week we read about how the refs and the NFL are conspiring against the Seahawks and its old. Each team had their share of questionable calls. Every team does. Seattle leads the league in penalties because they are poorly disciplined. Its been a problem forever. Clean that up and the crying about the refs will lessen a lot. The refs arent to blame for that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, not conspiracy. Just a pattern for refs to be extremely inconsistent. And OFTEN they magically make calls that seem to keep games close. It's not just in Seattle, it's all over the NFL. The Hawks lost a damn Superb Owl because of officiating, we have a right to be a little extra sensitive about it. Just sayin.
When a ticky tack call changed the entire outlook of a game, it's ridiculous. That PI call on Woolen changed the entire game. It was a pathetic call and not even close to PI.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Geno is capable of elite play, but he'll need more of it if we're going to win it all with him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I watched the game, they weren't penalties. A hands to the face was called when spoon contacted the upper chest. A 4th down PI was called on Woolen when all he did was hand check while Cooper actually committed opi with a shove. Game changing penalties that were called when possession would have changed on simply good defensive plays.

And if you think the helmet tip was luck, then you didn't watch it, Adams created the play by jumping as Walker threw the ball after he blitzed the gap. Not going to argue with you any more about that because you obviously made up your mind it was lucky despite the fact Adams deliberately caused the tip.

Adams made a good play. Already explained that it was odd the deflection came perfectly off his helmet. Thats all.

I bet the Browns forum are complaining about the refs too. I get it, but it just seems excessive on this board.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Nah, not conspiracy. Just a pattern for refs to be extremely inconsistent. And OFTEN they magically make calls that seem to keep games close. It's not just in Seattle, it's all over the NFL. The Hawks lost a damn Superb Owl because of officiating, we have a right to be a little extra sensitive about it. Just sayin.
When a ticky tack call changed the entire outlook of a game, it's ridiculous. That PI call on Woolen changed the entire game. It was a pathetic call and not even close to PI.

Vegas

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Browns fans complaining about calls is pretty rich. Give me a break, they got SEVERAL calls that went their way. THREE times the Hawks had a stop and oh look........a flag to continue a drive.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think this team IS good. I also think this team is getting better. They need to be good enough to disallow a bad play or call from derailing their momentum. That's what championship teams do.

Adams most definitely intended to block that pass. That is the reason he jumped up in the air so high and made himself as big as he could. He wasn't throwing the ball, had no control over trajectory, and he didn't care where it hit him. He made a great intentional play.