This Team is GOOD

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Schedule toughens with Old Browns/Ravens, TItans, Stealers, San Fransicko 2 x, Cowgirls, and Eagles

We'll see what happens

I said 10-7

rjdriver

Reaction score
Good thread..

Shoot, here's the thing.

When we traded Russ, I was fully ready to go back to the 90's of sucking ass and loving my beloved Seahawks whilst eating chili and laughing at getting bitched slapped back to anonymity most Sundays.

Instead, in a little more than a year, the only part of the 90's I'm seeing are these amazing throwback threads while we battle for the division lead against a team I saw as unbeatable not long ago. Hell, we almost (should have) beat the Bengals in their house a few weeks after beating the Lions in the motor city.

We are going to lose a few more games, but I really doubt that we get our ass kicked by anyone that is vastly superior to us.

This team plays good football. Now, I like Geno but I'm not sure we will ever go deep with him at the helm. I hope I'm wrong though. We have all been spoiled by having a top 5 QB who was clutch for the better part of a decade, so it's going to be frustrating at times. I'll tell you though, if we can find a cheaper QB soon who is top 15 or so and protects the ball with good decision making, then the sky is the limit.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They are a good team, but not great team. They have a 5 game stretch coming up thats going to determine a lot.

Mick063

Reaction score
Players that have blown up and far exceeded expectations:
Boye Mafe
Bobby Wagner
Jordyn Brooks
Devon Witherspoon
Stone Forsythe
Jarren Reed.

Players on the verge of breaking out but haven't had enough opportunities:
Jackson Smith-Njigba
Zach Charbonnet

Players that are definitely delivering "bang for the buck" relative to their salary:
Too many to list so this is the default unless other wise specified.

Players that have yet to meet my personal preseason expectations (but that doesn't mean they are irredeemable). This list could be bigger but I'm picking out the ones that stuck in my mind. They can just do better:
DK Metcalf (Dude, your weekly personal post-whistle battles are going to cost us a game. Nice block though.)
Geno Smith (Quit forcing it to DK in the Red Zone. The opposing teams definitely have this sniffed out. Tell Waldron you don't like the called pitch.)
Riq Woolen (past five yards? Play with your feet, not with your hands. You going to be tested a lot more because...Witherspoon)
Damien Lewis (penalties at bad times man)
Julian Love (You making some big plays, but they sprinkled with some missed open field tackles)
Kenneth Walker III (Dude you are really playing well, and it isn't all on you, but you are a superstar. I'm expecting Adrian Peterson level stuff because I believe you are that good. String some big ones together)
Dre 'Mont Jones (You are playing consistently well, but your contract is at the level of consistently great. For that kind of "all pro" money, you should be jumping off of the screen. You were the big off-season "get")

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
Agreed. Unfortunate a select poster chose to laugh react to this, but what can you do, right?

Lamar when healthy is a top 7 QB. Their defense is solid and they can move the ball in a variety of ways.

Great measuring stick game for this club for sure. Can't wait to see how they do
He laughs at everything. Not sure why.

cymatica

Reaction score
The team has too much talent not to be good. Its the fact that they beat themselves by making dumb mistakes. If they dont address those mistakes, its going to bite them in the ass come crunch time. They could be dominating but then give up a few plays that shift thr entire momentum of the game.
This. They haven't been pushed around this year, they just seem to fall asleep and go in cruise control sometimes.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling Baltimore will be a HUGE reality check. This team may be bordering on good, but the Ravens when they roll are a great team...
Our time is coming... and very well could be this week.

Our perfect game is right around the corner. I feel it.

chris98251

Reaction score
I’ll take your sentiments a bit farther.

As a group the staff here at .net has recently re-committed to making this board the absolute best football fan forum on the internet (as it once was).

I/we need and encourage the help of every single member.

Please be fair and realistic about it but use the report feature without guilt when/if you see things that degrade the overall health of the community.
Example:
A particular member that spams the exact same thing in multiple threads.

Members that only appear to post negative thoughts or always seem to be argumentative while never engaging in actual conversation.
Etc etc.

With the help of those that actually care this site/community will flourish once again.
Reported :)

JPatera76

Reaction score
this team is good and has the potential to be great.

What I am tired of hearing is "this game or that game will determine blah blah blah" regardless of who the opponent is. Goodness forbid the narrative doesn't play out like some want. Every Sunday the same people (you know who you all are) say the same generalized bs excuses, 1) They got lucky, 2) caught a few breaks, 3) X opponent was down x,y,z,, players (offense or defense) 4) The next team will be a "real" test .... then I sit here and ask myself, why the f are you here? to just constantly give reasons why you hope they fail because for some reason you don't want them to succeed just so you can cheer and pat yourselves on the back?

What a shit way to live life tbh. I can't imagine waking up hoping someone or something I allegedly like FAILS so I can somehow be happy about it? lol

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
this team is good and has the potential to be great.

What I am tired of hearing is "this game or that game will determine blah blah blah" regardless of who the opponent is. Goodness forbid the narrative doesn't play out like some want. Every Sunday the same people (you know who you all are) say the same generalized bs excuses, 1) They got lucky, 2) caught a few breaks, 3) X opponent was down x,y,z,, players (offense or defense) 4) The next team will be a "real" test .... then I sit here and ask myself, why the f are you here? to just constantly give reasons why you hope they fail because for some reason you don't want them to succeed just so you can cheer and pat yourselves on the back?

What a shit way to live life tbh. I can't imagine waking up hoping someone or something I allegedly like FAILS so I can somehow be happy about it? lol
View attachment 61561

I'm almost always onboard with your posts and opinions, but this post kind of perplexed me. The thread topic is how good the team is and everybody agrees that they are good. But how good? They did get lucky against the Browns because the guy dropped an easy pick 6. That's not BS, it was luck. They play Baltimore this Sunday and Baltimore is one of the best teams in the league so that should be a good gauge of how good Seattle is. They have a brutal 5 game run against the 3 best teams in the NFC and the Rams who seem to beat Seattle no matter what. Again, that is going to be the real test of how Seattle stacks up. It determines a lot. The 49ers are better on paper talent wise than Seattle (although Purdy is playing some of the worst football i've seen a QB play in awhile) and are easy favorites to win the West. Playing them will be a legit test. If Seattle loses to them twice, you cant pretend everything is still alright.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm almost always onboard with your posts and opinions, but this post kind of perplexed me. The thread topic is how good the team is and everybody agrees that they are good. But how good? They did get lucky against the Browns because the guy dropped an easy pick 6. That's not BS, it was luck.
BS. The Browns were lucky to be in that game thanks to some horrible officiating that led to at least a touchdown, most likely 10 points. Seattle also forced a turnover on defense and scored a touchdown on offense to finish the game, that ain't luck.

NoGain

Reaction score
We've got the talent to make everyone have to finally step up and take notice. The things I want/worry about the most are...

--Significant injuries (duh)
--Can we get an offensive line healthy and playing together for the last, say, third of the season
--Can we get more creatively efficient in the red zone, particularly inside the 10
--Can Geno limit bad mistakes
--Can we get an efficient balanced attack of run and pass

Strangely enough, more of my concerns are on the offensive side of the ball now. Our D is really starting to come together, starting to establish a confident and aggressive identity of its own. We need an offense that keeps our defense off the field as much as possible, that moves the chains, wears opposing defenses down as the game progresses.

I'm really happy that we bolstered up our interior line. Wasn't that what we all worried about at one time?

My baseline is 10-7 now. Happy with 11-6. Ecstatic at 12-5.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
BS. The Browns were lucky to be in that game thanks to some horrible officiating that led to at least a touchdown, most likely 10 points. Seattle also forced a turnover on defense and scored a touchdown on offense to finish the game, that ain't luck.

Oh come on. Blaming the refs is as bad as discounting luck. Geno played like garbage and the defense gave up 14 points. Seattle was lucky to win that game. Walker threw an interception off of Adams head to even allow Seattle the chance to win in the end. How often does that happen? Lucky.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Oh come on. Blaming the refs is as bad as discounting luck. Geno played like garbage and the defense gave up 14 points. Seattle was lucky to win that game. Walker threw an interception off of Adams head to even allow Seattle the chance to win in the end. How often does that happen? Lucky.

Penalties that are on high leverage plays can absolutely screw with the scoring margins. You have to be really unlucky for that to happen. Seahawks had 4 questionable calls against them that would have resulted in changes of possession. That’s crazy. I can’t think of a penalty on Cleveland with such high leverage.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I agree this team is good. The Seahawks under PC have been good more often than not, if we're being completely honest with ourselves. The WC game against the defending champs NOLA, which is also the beastquake game, told me all I need to know about PC.

This team usually always fights. This year, we have the talent and the dawgs on the lines. PC has his faults, but no coach is perfect. What do you think of Billichick now? Exactly.

This team, like most teams under PC, is fun to watch. This is the first year since the LOB era that I really enjoy watching the defense. Credit to PC, he's done a great job as captain of the ship.

cymatica

Reaction score
No, pointing out that the refs made game altering calls that weren't even actually penalties is completely different that luck.

And sure, the way you describe the pick sounds like luck. Actually watching the play though, Adams created that turnover by attacking the pass and jumping at the right time. That was him using awareness to actively disrupt the play.

Not sure how you figure that was luck in any sense, as if Adams tripped upwards into the air .