Bruce Arians on Seattle...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
“They’re the world champs. We’re just 9-1. We haven’t done s—,” Arians said, via Darren Urban of the team’s website.

Largent80

Reaction score
Arians is a good coach. He has that team playing very well after losing MANY key players.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I love Pete, but if someone said we couldn't have him and had to pick a replacement, Arians would be one of my top picks. The guy works wonders wherever he goes

ringless

Reaction score
evergreen":2bi49kag said:
kc was 9-1 last year too.

KC had played zero teams with a winning record. Different teams, different situations and a much weaker overall division last year no? I never understand the comparisons. Can you explain what else these teams have in common?

After 10 games... KC wins against teams with winning record... Zero

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ringless":24h7uply said:
evergreen":24h7uply said:

KC had played zero teams with a winning record. Different teams, different situations and a much weaker overall division last year no? I never understand the comparisons. Can you explain what else these teams have in common?

I see more parallels to the 2008 Panthers than the 2013 Chiefs.

Ironically enough, that Panthers team was bounced in the playoffs by a hot Cardinals team that got all the way to the Super Bowl

pehawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1yfvuz9n said:
ringless":1yfvuz9n said:
evergreen":1yfvuz9n said:

Ironically enough, that Panthers team was bounced in the playoffs by a hot Cardinals team that got all the way to the Super Bowl

How so? I don't see the parallel.

I attribute the Cardinals success to Arians. There's nothing flukey about it, at all. Dude's the best coach in the game right now, period. Some teams are good because of great OL's, some because of a great QB, some a great defense. For the Cardinals they're good because of Arians.

Largent80

Reaction score
pehawk":1ng8ih2o said:
Hasselbeck":1ng8ih2o said:
ringless":1ng8ih2o said:
evergreen":1ng8ih2o said:

I attribute the Cardinals success to Arians. There's nothing flukey about it, at all. Dude's the best coach in the game right now, period. Some teams are good because of great OL's, some because of a great QB, some a great defense. For the Cardinals they're good because of Arians.

Quoted for TRUTH. He has had to totally re adjust almost every aspect of that team and they are 9-1 regardless of schedule / timing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1lwjlzjc said:
Hasselbeck":1lwjlzjc said:
ringless":1lwjlzjc said:
evergreen":1lwjlzjc said:

Said pretty much this weeks ago and was laughed at. Who's laughing now?

pehawk

Reaction score
You're from the Midwest though, Mizz. I mean, no one listens to people from the flybys.

kearly

Reaction score
I like that he said "we haven't done shit" when a lot of coaches would have reached for the G rated version (to a media guy).

Behind that puffy exterior and underneath that dorky hat is a fiendishly clever mind. He might be the most brilliant coach in the league, because he wins in ways that can't easily be explained. Consistently.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":acwus6mi said:
I like that he said "we haven't done shit" when a lot of coaches would have reached for the G rated version (to a media guy).

Behind that puffy exterior and underneath that dorky hat is a fiendishly clever mind. He might be the most brilliant coach in the league, because he wins in ways that can't easily be explained. Consistently.

It's an odd thing to watch the way Arian's is grinding them out, huh? I think for the most part he wins because he keeps things simple, yet aggressive.

The Cardinals are all Pete Carroll really wants to be on offense, even without a great rushing attack. They run the ball, regardless of effectiveness and throw deep. There's not much a QB necessarily needs to read in those situations; just throw the ball far. There's no trying to fool anyone. There's no trying to think one step ahead of the opposing defense.

On defense, there's nothing exotic, they just blitz. They don't hide it. They don't think overthink the potential consequences of their blitzing, they just do it.

He's also not tied to any specific identity or gameplan. He'll tweak things from week to week, especially on offense. You'll see the same principles, but just done differently.

As much as nerds and bloggers try to convince us otherwise football is still kind of a simple game. I think Arians plays on that better than anyone else right now. Second best would be Pete.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":ytlbexew said:

He's a great coach, but I wouldn't say he's the best in football. The Cardinals have caught several breaks all season.. namely, getting Brandon Weeden instead of Romo. The Chargers punting away the opener. The Eagles blowing the game late. Jerome Boger royally screwing the Lions late in the game last week.

I mean.. yes.. credit where credit is due, the Cardinals are taking advantage of these opportunities and winning games.. but I don't think they're the class of the NFC. Much like the Panthers in 2008.. that team tied for the best record in the conference and got trucked in the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying the Seahawks are the class of the NFC .. far from it right now.. but I think the Cardinals are a mirage. No matter how great Arians is.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":25fir3yc said:
Hasselbeck":25fir3yc said:
ringless":25fir3yc said:
evergreen":25fir3yc said:

Still takes damned good players to make Arian's coaching successful, but yeah, he's a great strategist, and puts his players in position to succeed for the most part.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3xblmbr3 said:
pehawk":3xblmbr3 said:

He's a great coach, but I wouldn't say he's the best in football. The Cardinals have caught several breaks all season.. namely, getting Brandon Weeden instead of Romo. The Chargers punting away the opener. The Eagles blowing the game late. Jerome Boger royally screwing the Lions late in the game last week.

I mean.. yes.. credit where credit is due, the Cardinals are taking advantage of these opportunities and winning games.. but I don't think they're the class of the NFC. Much like the Panthers in 2008.. that team tied for the best record in the conference and got trucked in the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying the Seahawks are the class of the NFC .. far from it right now.. but I think the Cardinals are a mirage. No matter how great Arians is.

That's the kind of thing the people kept saying about us last year.

A

Anonymous

Both Arians and Chip Kelly are touted as "quarterback whisperers" by more than a few pundits, but Arians takes it up a notch, IMO.

Although there have been a few blunders here and there, I don't think there is a coach in the league that has the wherewithal to recover with as little collateral damage as Arians.

He has my respect.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I like Arians. He seems to be a no nonsense type of guy. After Palmer went down, he raised a lot of people's eyebrows when without being posed a direct question came out and so flatly and confidently said that Drew Stanton can win a Super Bowl. If I were Stanton, I'd feel pretty good that my HC thought that highly of me.

He's absolutely right. The Cards haven't done squat yet. 9-1 doesn't even qualify you for the playoffs.

seahawks08

Reaction score
He is a great coach. He is able to win games with the players he has, he calls gutsy plays and the team turn around after they won in Clink last year. Winning in Clink has kept them motivated to go on and win every game. I hope we are ready for them and play our style of football. I hope Pete and our OC figure out something creative. We don't reach a point of 4th and inches. Practice just the red zone offense, keep doing it. I wish our Oline and Dline dominates and we the 12s make as much noise in the stadium to make a difference. Our players feed off our energy, so lets bring it.

Latest posts