Pete's Coaches Show Today w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
Will post the podcast in a bit once they have it on their site, but this is what I took from it.

They didn't show it on television so I didn't see it but apparently Lawyer Milloy raised the flag this week.

On the team issues, said they came together this week and played with a ton of energy and were able to play together in a way that they hadn't quite been able to get to all season long.

Said that there was a significant meeting by players late in the week that was the final piece in getting them that final step towards playing for each other.

As an example, he said there were a lot of struggles last year, but they were able to find that deep connection and ended up winning he super bowl. They have finally found that connection again this year.

Pete said he's had it up to here with penalties that they aren't calling on the other guys. He gave the example of their FB simulating a start by moving forward and nobody calling it.

On the PI against Maxwell. Said sure he touched his shoulder, but didn't do anything to disrupt the play. Said it wasn't a wrong call, but it's the type of call that he thinks that they should allow the guys to just play. (My thought on that particular play, was that it was much less PI than what happened to Baldwin last week, but that is what happens when you have different crews form week to week)

Asked who would he give the defensive MVP...said he was fired up about Avril. Thought he had his best game. Said it was great having Wagner back. Said he went up to him in the locker room and told him that he didn't know how valuable he was (was laughing when he said that, so not sure how serious he was). Gave props to Williams and Irvin as well. Added that he thought they all played a great game yesterday.

Really liked our special teams work yesterday across the board, with the possible exception of a bit of a low kick on the blocked FG.

Says it's a great challenge this week playing San Francisco.

Says the guys really like playing together and that they seem to understand that better this week than they did last week.

Also said that he feels we'll play better offensively next time against Arizona.

On Russell Wilson's ability to limit mistake. Said they have gone 7 of 11 games without giving up the ball and that is an incredible stat. Said everyone can do better but he is consistently giving us what we want, even under duress as he was yesterday.

Said they had a hard time establishing the run yesterday. They kept at it though and that helped the play action work the way it did.

Said Lynch had stomach ailments yesterday. Said he got sick a bit but he'll be fine. Said he made it through the game ok. Joked about Lynch's speaking to the media said he thought it was great.

Talked about how it's a short week and they will have to adjust their schedule to match. Excited to play on Thanksgiving.

Niners any different than they were last year. Said their receiving group is really good. Defensively they are different. Getting Aldon back is huge but they are missing a few guys.

That's it for this show. Not sure how his pressers will be affected by the short week but will try to get them here as soon as they are out.

pehawk

Reaction score
We need that thread where homeboy listed out how opponents are getting called less than their per game average when facing the Hawks. Its getting some mentions all over twitter, it'd be cool to push a link to that dude's work to a thread here.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The biggest relief for me is hearing Lynch was sick and it wasn't his back (if that's really true).

I'm glad he finally said something about the consistently biased officiating. I'm seriously not that conspiracy theory guy, but it's ridiculous and obvious to anyone at this point. Being "nice Pete" has only gotten us fisted more from the refs; I'd love to see Pete stand up one day in his PC and say something like "you know, we send this stuff off to the league office very week. And every week, they get back to us and say "yeah, you're right...oops! It's not doing any good, so I'd suggest fans contact the league office, get on social media, and just bombard the NFL with their concerns. Tell them it's making the game unwatchable for you as a fan."

I know he'd never do that, but I wonder how it would work. Honestly, Pete's one of the coaches that yells at the refs the least, and he's on good terms and a positive note with everyone. He very, very rarely criticizes the officiating. It's not doing any good, and by saying something like above, I'd think that was legit. He's prompting fans to take action, not complaining or criticizing, and heck, he's even telling the truth; the league has come back multiple times and admitted culpability.

Thanks for the synopsis Kid.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Thanks Kid. Always look forward to your post on this.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9980063&p=1027&n=Pete%20Carroll%20Show[/urltargetblank]

The podcast is now up for those who want to hear it for yourselves.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":v92x6xft said:
We need that thread where homeboy listed out how opponents are getting called less than their per game average when facing the Hawks. Its getting some mentions all over twitter, it'd be cool to push a link to that dude's work to a thread here.

yeah another game where going into the game the Cards avg 6.5 flags a game, yesterday they got 3 which tied their season lowest total from week 4

For us we had 7 flags which is one less then our season avg going into the game. Mind you these numbers were the accepted penalties. I think the hawks had another 3 that were declined and the cards with 1 declined.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Refs were atrocious yesterday and I'm stunned by that because Steratore's crew is typically one of the best

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2sh8og4l said:
Refs were atrocious yesterday and I'm stunned by that because Steratore's crew is typically one of the best

Wonder if it was the same back judge he normally works with. The back judge was the one really bending us over, and those calls were too far away from Steratore for it to be proper for him to overrule them. Whatever the case was, that downfield official needs to be blacklisted eternally by the NFL.