Quick Hits...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you who saw/acknowledged my post in the Lounge, thank you for your kind words. For those of you who don't know, my father-in-law passed away two nights ago. My wife Cindy ("Mrs. Aros") has been devastated as she was incredibly close to her father. It's been a difficult couple of days but the Seahawks ass beating of the 49ers certainly helped put a smile on myself and my families faces. My father-in-law was a big Seahawks fan and like Les, I am so happy he got to see them win it all (and in such dominating fashion).

Cindy asked her dad to "help out" from the other side and get us a win and he came through.

As for the game, I'll keep it short since I'm basically reiterating what's already been said. The refs were all-too flag happy and it seemed to us that they wanted to keep the game close, or closer. The Seahawks looked like the CHAMPS last night and not unlike SBXLVIII, the opponents looked like boys, unable to match our intensity and brutality.

I thought for sure between having to settle for 3 instead of 7 and all of the penalties that the 49ers would come back in the second half. I was thrilled to be wrong. This team has gotten their swagger back and it's shown the world these past two weeks that that's a fact.

You can't read or listen to a player interview these days without them talking about team, and playing for one another. That is precisely the mindset they had last year and into the post season. Why it was not as evident at times this year is not known but I am pumped to see it back. This is the element that separates us from everyone else. When we play together, there's not a single team in the NFL that can beat us.

It doesn't get any easier heading into Philly in 9 days but if we keep this trajectory skyward, we will be the team to beat, again.

Go Hawks! Thanks for helping make a dark day a little brighter for our family.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Aros, Sorry for the loss. It is tough losing loved ones.

My mom passed away just before seeing the Hawks hoist the trophy which would've made her so happy. My mom and dad were season ticket holders in the first year of the franchise. My mom (and dad) loved the Hawks.

So here is to your Father-in-law helping us to the postseason!!!

I really love seeing the Hawks pretty healthy and back to being their punishing selves.

drdiags

Reaction score
My condolences to you and your family Todd. I know this will stick with your wife for awhile, as well as you know. Losing a parent, even when expected still leaves a big hole for a long time. The heart eventually recovers but it is a process.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you guys! Ever little bit of sunshine helps and the condolences and Seahawks victories are sunshine.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that about your father in law Aros, glad he was there in spirit to get us the win.

byau

Reaction score
Prayers to you and your family for faith and strength and healing.

And good man helping us get that win on Thanksgiving on national TV.

Best wishes to you.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
My condolences to you and yours...I hope your wife is doing ok and you can help each other in this difficult time.Truly sorry to hear this sad news.

captSE

Reaction score
Aw, losing a family member is never easy. Condolences to the family So sorry we have to live through stuff like this. Peace to all......
Amen..

Rob12

Reaction score
I am sorry for your loss, Aros. I lost my Dad more than 20 months ago and it's by far the hardest thing I've ever been through... It's still extremely hard.

He was a Seahawks fan as well, but unfortunately he did not see the Seahawks become Super Bowl Champions. Well, not here on earth, anyway. The last game I watched with him was the loss to the Falcons in the 2013 Playoffs. He took Russell's words to heart that day and said we would be back.

He was right.

Time will soften the pain of the loss, but it will always be there. Losing a parent is one of life's hardest experiences. But I promise that it will get better for you, your wife, and the rest of your family. Brave the storm now, because the rain will let up.

Go Hawks.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Todd, I'm so sorry for you and Cindy's loss. Very very sad day, especially this time of year. My sympathy and prayers go out to you both for comfort and strength during this difficult time. Having lost my dad coming up on two years ago, its still very difficult to go thru special holidays without him.