Moeaki Getting Majority of TE Snaps

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/12/02/the-rapid-rise-of-tony-moeaki-pete-carroll-wont-hint-on-seahawks-imminent-roster-addition/[/urltargetblank]

With TE Cooper Helfet out last week, Moeaki surpassed Willson in number of snaps. 41 to 37.

I mentioned after his first game that he got to play in, that I wanted to see more of this guy, and I'm glad to see that they have been able to incorporate him into our offense so quickly. If this guy can stay healthy and learn our blocking scheme completely (Pete has said he's learning it quickly) he can make a fine replacement for Miller down the stretch and in the playoffs.

This has easily been my favorite in season pickup of the year so far

snapcountsSF.jpg

Cartire

Reaction score
The best part about that list is seeing all O-lineman playing every snap.

sutz

Reaction score
Mo has been a pleasant addition, TBS. Maybe he's a long term solution to our TE problems.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":28ywfuel said:
I just wish he was a little faster.

Maybe I'm way off base but he seems to run slow.
Anybody know for sure?
I do like his play.

Can't be any slower than Miller, that's for sure. All I really want to see out of the TE in this offense, is the ability to block well, and when called on, run a clean route and don't drop the ball. Miller was so good at each of these things that his lack of speed wasn't an issue. I hope for the same from Moeaki.

byau

Reaction score
pmedic920":5oplf73z said:

Anybody know for sure?
I do like his play.

Aren't most TE's slow compaerd to linebackers and secondary? They are more the big, physical, lumbering types right?

pmedic920

Reaction score
byau":5fq0e14a said:
pmedic920":5fq0e14a said:

Anybody know for sure?
I do like his play.

Aren't most TE's slow compaerd to linebackers and secondary? They are more the big, physical, lumbering types right?

Yes, I'm talking relatively.
I like his play, he just seems slow to me, that's why I asked if anybody knew for sure.
Go back and look at his TD, tell me that didn't look slow.
And yes, I know it was fast enough to score, and that's what counts.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pmedic920":37seycb9 said:
byau":37seycb9 said:
pmedic920":37seycb9 said:

Anybody know for sure?
I do like his play.

I like his play, he just seems slow to me, that's why I asked if anybody knew for sure.

I think he looked like a Tight End when he ran.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
63 yards is the longest play from scrimmage this year by a slow TE none the less.

T-Mo is well-rounded enough to be an average to good starter for a run first team but if you keep him as a #2 guy, the guy is probably is an elite back-up.

And you can tell Moeaki's presence has settled down Luke Willson. I think Willson is very giifted and has tremendous upside but he's not very clutch... and I feel that spotlight and pressure to be the guy to step up for Zach Miller was giving him the yips.

I really do hope Moeaki and Tukuafu stick around after this year. Both aren't sexy but both are just straight up business at their respective positions.

byau

Reaction score
pmedic920":2slhcfyh said:
byau":2slhcfyh said:
pmedic920":2slhcfyh said:

Anybody know for sure?
I do like his play.

Yes I know what you mean. I think he looked slow too, but that's why I mentioned secondary. He was trying to outrun a position that is generally faster and couldn't

That being said, I do think he's actually faster than other TE and the fact that he almost outran a secondary, I think that would indicate he is above average speed for a TE.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
He looked to run pretty well to me. Does anyone think Wilson or Miller rumble 63 yards on that same play? Not a chance!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1gmsldhb said:
He looked to run pretty well to me. Does anyone think Wilson or Miller rumble 63 yards on that same play? Not a chance!

Willson runs a 4.5 forty so I'm not really certain what you are talking about in the post above. It seems silly to suggest Willson would not have a chance of doing the same especially considering he is much faster than Moeaki. I'm guessing you were not aware of Willsons speed.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I love the Moeaki pick up. He can play. Just hope he has the health issues behind him. But even with that if he can make through the year this was an awesome pick up.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1rrx8j73 said:
BlueBlood":1rrx8j73 said:

Willson runs a 4.5 forty so I'm not really certain what you are talking about in the post above. It seems silly to suggest Willson would not have a chance of doing the same especially considering he is much faster than Moeaki. I'm guessing you were not aware of Willsons speed.

He'd have the speed, but he's not the most coordinated of players, he'd have probably stepped out of bounds.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Most TE's in the league are going to appear to run slow when you compare them to Luke Willson.

In fact I'd go so far as to say Willson might be a better wide receiver than TE, and if we can bring in some true TE's next year it's worth considering. I like what Willson brings to the table, I just don't like him as a blocker. He's had some drops but not enough that I don't think he could get them cleaned up with more reps as an actual receiver.

Moeaki, unless I'm mistaken, has been doing a better job when asked to block, which is more important for our team right now. His speed doesn't matter much when you use him on leaks and shallow drag routes underneath the coverage.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
byau":7uz65kfx said:
pmedic920":7uz65kfx said:
byau":7uz65kfx said:
pmedic920":7uz65kfx said:

Anybody know for sure?
I do like his play.

Yes I know what you mean. I think he looked slow too, but that's why I mentioned secondary. He was trying to outrun a position that is generally faster and couldn't

That being said, I do think he's actually faster than other TE and the fact that he almost outran a secondary, I think that would indicate he is above average speed for a TE.

If Moeaki didn't look back so often, to see how far the DB was, he probably would have scored, no question.

McGruff

Reaction score
Cartire":2dpigoer said:
The best part about that list is seeing all O-lineman playing every snap.

For sure.

Also interesting (at least to me) is all three linebackers playing 100% of the snaps. Now some of Bruce's may have been at LEO, but still, that is interesting that we didn't really ever play less than two of those guys.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Moeaki ran a 4.67 from what I read. I don't know if he's slower than that after injuries, but he looked fast enough to me.

All I care about is that he can get separation from a LBer. Most TE's don't get a ton of YAC. And yes, Willson is one of the fastest TE's in the league (think faster than Jimmy Graham but slower than Vernon Davis).

I hope we keep him, but he probably needs to be a #2 TE.

Looking at that snap chart, it's interesting that Richardson is now #3 in snaps. Looks like he's rising up the charts, and I like it.

Latest posts