It's the 9 year anniversary of this...

Hawks46

Reaction score
I remember that game, and would love to see that again.

Problem is, that will never happen. Under this regime, if we get up by 14 points we just completely quit trying to score.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I did not see it because I had to go to work and was overseas. They wont see that kind of game because the refs may not let it happen and we are not allowed by our coaching staff to "run" up the score. :sarcasm_off:

:th2thumbs:

halps80

Reaction score
I was at that game, in the snow. Late in the game I worked my way down to the seats behind our sideline, and was cheering at the top of my lungs for chuck Darby. The other guys were cracking up, I'm assuming because they had never heard anyone cheer for him, especially on the other side of the country.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember Lofa punching that field goal post like it was yesterday.

Tatupu-2005-Seahawks-vs.-Eagles.gif

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
halps80":q8m7fm51 said:
I was at that game, in the snow. Late in the game I worked my way down to the seats behind our sideline, and was cheering at the top of my lungs for chuck Darby. The other guys were cracking up, I'm assuming because they had never heard anyone cheer for him, especially on the other side of the country.

This is kind of awesome. Admittedly I'd sort of forgotten about Darby.

seabowl

Reaction score
Hawks46":363llz7c said:

Problem is, that will never happen. Under this regime, if we get up by 14 points we just completely quit trying to score.

43-8

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seabowl":12llepfq said:
Hawks46":12llepfq said:

43-8

That just further supports his point, because most of the scores that made that game into a blowout were produced by the defense either scoring or making an extremely short field, via turnovers. Bottom line, this team doesn't do blowouts unless the opposing offense is not taking care of the ball.

seabowl

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1yjuaxyl said:
seabowl":1yjuaxyl said:
Hawks46":1yjuaxyl said:

43-8

That just further supports his point, because most of the scores that made that game into a blowout were produced by the defense either scoring or making an extremely short field, via turnovers. Bottom line, this team doesn't do blowouts unless the opposing offense is not taking care of the ball.

14 December 9 Arizona Cardinals W W 58–0

15 December 16 at Buffalo Bills W 50–14

16 December 23 5:20 p.m. PST[2] San Francisco 49ers W 42–13

2012 same regime and players. Fact is I don't think any team in the league purposely tries to run up the score but this 3 game stretch is the most lopsided I've seen in the teams history and cannot remember a team ever winning 3 consecutive games by this much. And to your point, no matter how you slice it 43-8 is a blowout.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Don't forget September 4th, 2014 vs Packers 36-16.

And also don't forget December 4th, 2013 vs Saints, 34-7

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":u0fmyq1a said:
seabowl":u0fmyq1a said:
Hawks46":u0fmyq1a said:
index.php

43-8

That game versus the Eagles very much reminds me of when the Seahawks teams of the last couple of years have blown other teams out. Hasselbeck was 8/17 for 98 yards. Alexander ran 19 times for 49 yards, and the team ran 42 times for 96 yards (a 2.3 yard average). That was a difficult offensive performance, but the Eagles turned it over 6 times.

Hawks46 seems to be saying that this current team wouldn't play like that team did in that game, but it seems to me exactly how they'd play; get points off turnovers and run the ball for 2/3rds the plays and grind the other team into oblivion. I also find the statement odd because Holmgren was often accused of not having "killer instinct" and "letting up" like other coaches.