Correct Passer Rating?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
RW's for the Eagles game, according to NFL.com stats: 99.3.

Compared to last week's San Fran game, tonight he had 30 more passing yards, 13 more running yards, an additional passing and running touchdown each, 2 less sacks and no fumbles (2 last week), yet last weeks passer rating was 118.8. Yes, he was perhaps more efficient last week, but overall numbers for the same length game were better tonight against the Eagles.

Can someone explain for me? Does this sound or look correct?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
It came down to the number of attempts, he had 22-37 (59.5% completion) to 15-22 (68.2% completion) against the 49ers

AgentDib

Reaction score
Passer rating is about efficiency and QBR is about volume.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Passer doesn't factor in any rushing yards or scores either.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":8jihpeh6 said:
Passer rating is about efficiency and QBR is about volume.

Each of these has it's place, but every game is different in terms of what a QB is called on to do, based on what the Defense gives (or forgets, to borrow from FBOutsiders), and down and distance, etc.

Wilson may have been more efficient last week, but I think he played better tonight in some ways. Several of his intermediate passes were beautiful, when he wasn't throwing them away.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":n9viwgrs said:
He needs to average about 120 over the last three games to keep up his 100+ passer rating per season.

Not impossible, but the three teams we play have good defenses, and know our system. I doubt he averages over 100 for just the last 3, though I'm hopeful.