EARLY BYE WEEK......

pmedic920

Reaction score
I was worried that I was going to hurt us.
Obviously we still have a ways to go but do you think our early bye had any impact on the season?

I don't really see that it did.

Largent80

Reaction score
It did as far as continuity is concerned because of the Thursday night game and the Monday Night game.

But we are in decent shape now. Cross your fingers to stay healthy.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
A later bye may have chewed up one of the weeks without Wagner and Maxwell instead of spending it on a loss. It's reasonable to think that maybe our record is one game worse because of how early it happened. Anyway, thankfully we're mostly pretty healthy now, just gotta take it from here. The important thing is getting ourselves another bye week in three weeks.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1dhax0yc said:
A later bye may have chewed up one of the weeks without Wagner and Maxwell instead of spending it on a loss. It's reasonable to think that maybe our record is one game worse because of how early it happened. Anyway, thankfully we're mostly pretty healthy now, just gotta take it from here. The important thing is getting ourselves another bye week in three weeks.

I completely agree that it likely cost us one of those close losses earlier. The bright side is that the team is having more fun than ever right now, and playing each week is really allowing them to gel and get into the groove. You now how it is when everything is clicking and you cannot wait for the next game. I think the team feels that way now. When you feel that way sometimes an off week can disrupt that. Hopefully that is the case, and because of it we run the table and get that game back we may have lost early. If so then we likely get that bye in a few weeks and all is well in the end.

Of course, there is a lot of ball left to be played.

A

Anonymous

MidwestHawker":1oiw2juf said:

I agree with this thought.

I think the later bye week gives a team a chance to re-group for the remaining haul. We might have won the KC game.

kearly

Reaction score
I think of the bye week as an advantage teams can have, and the earlier they get the bye, the less the advantage is, unless that team is very injured early in the season.

Seattle was more injured a month into their season than they are now, so I think the bye week timing was probably a wash in 2014 for Seattle.