Week 11 bye

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's difficult to tell if the bye week falling early or late helps or hurts us. If we have a bye prior to playing a critical game in early October, then having it fall early gives us an extra week of preparation time. If we have it late in the season prior to playing a home game against a winless opponent, it likely doesn't do us much good. And, of course, the timing of injuries is unpredictable.

Bottom line is that we won't know what effect, if any, having the bye week late will have on us until a week or so before it occurs.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
It's difficult to tell if the bye week falling early or late helps or hurts us. If we have a bye prior to playing a critical game in early October, then having it fall early gives us an extra week of preparation time. If we have it late in the season prior to playing a home game against a winless opponent, it likely doesn't do us much good. And, of course, the timing of injuries is unpredictable.

Bottom line is that we won't know what effect, if any, having the bye week late will have on us until a week or so before it occurs.
In a 17 week season I would have thought a Week 11 bye is pretty much perfect. I take your point on the other factors that we cant really control.

RiverDog

Reaction score
In a 17 week season I would have thought a Week 11 bye is pretty much perfect. I take your point on the other factors that we cant really control.
We'll get a better idea once the full schedule is released later this week.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I like week 11. Perfect rest for the 4th quarter of the season (or slightly greater).

At least it's not week 6!

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Later would help in terms of rest regardless of the next opponent would it not being as the Hawks are travelling the most of any team this season and through the most time zones.

I'd take week 11.