Game changing calls that went AGAINST the Hawks

Seahawker86

Reaction score
With what happened over the weekend with the BS roughing the passer call I'm sure we are all taking a lot of heat from friends and coworkers. They all soon forget the game changing calls that went against the Seahawks this year.

So I ask, what were some of the calls that went against us that cost us or potentially cost us W's this year.

Thought it it would be nice to have something specially to come back with.

The fumble that wasn't reviewed in the Rams game and the no PI called in the end zone to Baldwin come to mind.

What else does everyone have?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The best response to heat from friends/co-workers/etc. about this isn't to respond with whines of your own. It's to respond with this:

L6ICPgC

RunTheBall

Reaction score
That's really all I can think of this year. But last year the refs were brutal in the Colts game, the mythical PI on Tate and the "safety" that was actually a TD.

safety.jpg

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't know any 49er fans. No friends, co-workers, or family (thank god). :D

Oh wait, I do! A buddy I went to HS with, his wife. Who's really annoying on FB, so I blocked her ages ago. So no idea if she's bitching.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
The worst call of the entire game was the holding call on Britt that took turned first and goal from the 8 yard line to 1st and 20 from the 40 yard line and we ended up punting. I would start with that one.

You can also mention the Kam Chancellor hit on Vernon Davis from 2012 that was incorrectly called that gave them 1st and goal from inside the 10 yard line. The seahawks still won that game 42-13 so they can just quit their whining.

grizbob

Reaction score
That's the irony of my ninners fan family, the only time I hear from them is when the ninners win and they want to rub it in. I on the other hand choose to take the high road and let them simmer in their misery with silence.

So forgive me if I feel that this and last year are a form of justice :th2thumbs:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
@ Miami last year, or was it two years ago? ET got banged for a roughing the passer call that extended their game winning drive.

253hawk

Reaction score
Negated an INT in the end zone. I guess Earl is supposed to break the laws of physics while in mid-air or something.

(This actually tied the game at 14 midway through the 4th.)

SmoggyMagnificentCoelacanth

pmedic920

Reaction score
If ANYBODY thinks the Seahawks have never been screwed by bad calls.

Tell them to watch our first Super Bowl. If they still don't agree, then you are fighting a battle of the minds with an unarmed foe, just walk away.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pmedic920":s3in1xjg said:

Tell them to watch our first Super Bowl. If they still don't agree, then you are fighting a battle of the minds with an unarmed foe, just walk away.
This.

And add the Testeverde "touchdown" that was explained by saying his helmet looked like ball when it crossed the goal line despite the fact that the Jets have white helmets and the ball is brown. Hell, no big deal though. Only cost our team a playoff berth.

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
I don't consider that call a bad call. An inconsistently called penalty for sure, but he led with his helmet and dropped his head before launching himself. Very borderline, but a penalty.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
pmedic920":2aqwkzcj said:

just click on the link i posted... ;-( very unhappy days rewatching that crap.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3fgbimtl said:
And add the Testeverde "touchdown" that was explained by saying his helmet looked like ball when it crossed the goal line despite the fact that the Jets have white helmets and the ball is brown. Hell, no big deal though. Only cost our team a playoff berth.

Obviously we got jerked out of that game, but the "cost us a playoff spot" thing is just an oft-repeated thing that Seahawks fans have bought into when it isn't particularly true. If you improve our record by one win that year, it still doesn't get us into the playoffs since we lose a tiebreaker to New England.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1998/

I guess if the theory is that we would have beaten Denver in the final game at Mile High if we had more on the line, then maybe that's true, but I mean that Denver team went on to romp through the playoffs and win the Super Bowl...I don't think that it was all that likely we go win in their house that year regardless of circumstance.

Missing the playoffs may have been better anyway, since it caused us to fire that bum Erickson and hire Holmgren instead. There's no question that Holmgren upgraded our team from the perpetual mediocrity of Erickson.

pmedic920

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":u6lnajc6 said:
pmedic920":u6lnajc6 said:

just click on the link i posted... ;-( very unhappy days rewatching that crap.

Thanks but no thanks. I remember all too well.
Most real football fans, regardless of what team they pull for, will say we got screwed.
Believe it or not, I've even talked to a couple of Steelers Fans that agree.

I still go back to the thought, that bad or missed calls sort of even themselves out.
I hate when a bad or blatantly missed call, ends up truly changing the final outcome of a game. Meaning who won or lost. I do wish there was a system in place to go back and fix an egregious error that changed an outcome.
Although that won't ever happen after a game is over.

In this game we had a big one go in our favor and a big one go against us. (Holding on #68)
Neither one, IMHO changed the outcome.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":31j5h3v1 said:
With what happened over the weekend with the BS roughing the passer call I'm sure we are all taking a lot of heat from friends and coworkers. They all soon forget the game changing calls that went against the Seahawks this year.

So I ask, what were some of the calls that went against us that cost us or potentially cost us W's this year.

Thought it it would be nice to have something specially to come back with.

The fumble that wasn't reviewed in the Rams game and the no PI called in the end zone to Baldwin come to mind.

What else does everyone have?

Don't be this fan.

:34853_doh: