Extend Marshawn Lynch

Rob12

Reaction score
Seriously, this guy needs to retire as a Seattle Seahawk - not ride off into the sunset with another team.

He has plenty left in the tank. At the very least, he better brought back next season for the last year of his deal.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
We'll see. These running backs drop off really quickly around his age. Alexander and Tomlinson come to mind right off the bat. I can't see them giving him a ton of guaranteed money. They seem like they're conserving him (maybe that stomach thing was part of that :p ).

Highlordb

Reaction score
i am personally a defense type a guy, i love watching them play, that being said Lynch plays RB like a defensive guy, which i love....I hope at least he gets to finish his final year, i would love to bring him back and have him retire as a hawk...don't think that will happen tho.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think he will retire as a Seahawk, unfortunately I think it will be at the end of this year after we win the Super Bowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3ho1u7q0 said:
Can't do it. I do hope he's still here next year though.

It'll depend on what Marshawn wants.

The way he keeps talking about retiring, maybe he only wants to play another year or two. If that's the case, then we can certainly fit him into the budget for a 1-2 year extension. Give him an extra 1-2 million for two years? Not impossible.

But if he wants a monster 4-5 year deal? Then I think he's gone, because there are too many teams that will risk that type of contract for a player like Lynch.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Thinking he retires after this year (but please don't)

I just hope he has another ring before he goes.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
I think it will be feasible. I don't see Okung returning, and if he does, it'll be a prove it deal. I love Maxwell and hope he stays, but he's probably playing himself out of a contract with the Hawks.

If they want to make room to keep Lynch around, they will.

I think it's likely that he hangs it up following this year and focuses on his foundation, though.

A

Anonymous

HawkFan72":1xaajivh said:
He will retire as a Seahawk. Unfortunately it may be after this season.

This.

I have that feeling. You know, those deep-down feelings you get?

As someone living with a back problem, I can tell you that the condition of his spine will weigh heavily on his decision. I have no doubt about that much.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sgt. Largent":g98t4hdq said:
MidwestHawker":g98t4hdq said:
Can't do it. I do hope he's still here next year though.

It'll depend on what Marshawn wants.

The way he keeps talking about retiring, maybe he only wants to play another year or two. If that's the case, then we can certainly fit him into the budget for a 1-2 year extension. Give him an extra 1-2 million for two years? Not impossible.

But if he wants a monster 4-5 year deal? Then I think he's gone, because there are too many teams that will risk that type of contract for a player like Lynch.

This is it in a nutshell. I hope badly he retires as a Seahawk. I would absolutely love for him to take a contract that slowly transitions him from feature back to backup as he ages. Let him have a chance at what appears to be good shots at more rings over the course of the next few years. But he can't and won't do it at the expense of a huge contract--the Front Office won't let that happen. Or just keep on giving him one-year contracts. Whichever.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I can't imagine that he is not on this team next year.

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
For those of you thinking he may retire after this year, do you think this is the case even if they repeat. I think it would be pretty difficult to walk away from a chance at history, being the only team to win 3 in a row. With the players on this team, he has to at least like his chances. I know he's a different kind of person, but he's not crazy. This is a guy who also seems to be loyal to a fault. It'll be extremely difficult to walk away from his teammates/friends if they have the opportunity at 3 in a row.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rob12":3asg7vkl said:
........I don't see Okung returning, and if he does, it'll be a prove it deal......
Okung has one year left on his contract after this year at 7 mil. He's not going anywhere next year. Team friendly number for a LT.

HawkinInLA":3asg7vkl said:
.......being the only team to win 3 in a row.....
Just an FYI, it's true that no team has ever won 3 Super Bowls in a row, but the '65, '66 and '67 Packers did win 3 NFL championships in a row (and the first 2 Super Bowls). They remain the only team to have won 3 straight NFL championships.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ouyzv9hj said:
Rob12":ouyzv9hj said:
........I don't see Okung returning, and if he does, it'll be a prove it deal......
Okung has one year left on his contract after this year at 7 mil. He's not going anywhere next year. Team friendly number for a LT.

HawkinInLA":ouyzv9hj said:
.......being the only team to win 3 in a row.....
Just an FYI, it's true that no team has ever won 3 Super Bowls in a row, but the '65, '66 and '67 Packers did win 3 NFL championships in a row (and the first 2 Super Bowls). They remain the only team to have won 3 straight NFL championships.

Well maybe you should move to Wisconsin. (I'm confident you get the joke).

This Hawk team resembles those Packer teams in many ways and mobility aside, I could even offer a comparison between Starr and Russ. The Packer O line was unquestionably better than ours but "the sweep" aside, they played a very similar game to ours and I'm sure that is not coincidence.

But more than anything, the Packers were an all-star team but played to each other and as a single unit. No 2 units ever suffered at the same time. When the D was down, the O picked them up, when the O was down, ST and the D took over. The Hawks are turning into the same and we have seen this in them week after week. Seldom do we not play as a team and seldom do we not have at least 2 of the 3 phases picking up the 3rd (if necessary).

Last night our kicking game was on the fritz. BOOM...no worries, here comes the O and the D to the rescue. That Packer team litters the halls of Canton. We likely have a few HOFers on this team as well. We may not see the accolades the Packers got, but much of that was based on sentimentality, too. I think back to Marshawn's fumble against the Skins in 2012. You knew the second he fumbled we would win that game because the team was not going to let Marshawn wear that. With the exception of a few harvin moments, this team has not stopped playing for each other since that fumble in Washington. Homerism aside, I am certain we have everything in place for multiple super bowl wins. I can say that with confidence because I know more non-Hawk fans than I do Hawk fans. I don't know of anyone that feels we are not capable of becoming the next NFL dynasty.

Largent80

Reaction score
From one Rob to another. I agree 100,000,000 %.

I Love that man, he is even making me wonder if Largent is my favorite all time player.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Largent80":2bn24cm8 said:
From one Rob to another. I agree 100,000,000 %.

I Love that man, he is even making me wonder if Largent is my favorite all time player.

It may have to come down to Largent's milk commercials vs. Marshawn's crotch grab celebrations.