Pete Carroll's Tuesday Press Conference

marko358

Reaction score
Since Kidhawk isn't around....

1. On Jermaine Kearse, who sat out the second half of Sunday's 35-6 win over the Arizona Cardinals with what Carroll has updated to a "Grade 1" hamstring injury, coach said, "It's going to be hard to get back in seven days, but we'll check him at the end of the week and see where he is."

2. Cornerback Tharold Simon, who injured his shoulder in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game in Arizona, feels "pretty good" today and is pushing to get back in time for the team's regular-season finale. "This will be an amazing recovery if he'll be able to do it," said Carroll. "He's got a chance."

3. Left tackle Russell Okung, whose bruised lung kept him from seeing the field this past Sunday, will practice today. "He's with us and has a really good chance to get back," said Carroll.

4. Center Max Unger, who has missed the past five games with a high-ankle sprain, will not practice today. Carroll said the club may get some work out of him tomorrow. "I'd love to say he's cranking and ready to go, but I can't tell you that right now."

5. Asked who would start at center - Lemuel Jeanpierre or Patrick Lewis - if Unger is unable to go for the sixth consecutive week, Carroll said the club needs more time to assess the situation, "Give us a few days and we'll figure that out."

6. Carroll said tight end Cooper Helfet is "toughing it out" and will practice today after cracking a rib in Sunday's win at Arizona, "He'll try to make it through the week and see if he can be available to us for the weekend."

7. Tight end Tony Moeaki (shoulder) and wide receiver Chris Matthews (hamstring), who both missed Sunday's game in Glendale, are set to see the practice field today, Carroll said.

8. On defensive end Demarcus Dobbs, who's missed Seattle's past two games with an ankle injury, Carroll said, "He's getting closer. We'll take a look at him tomorrow."

9. Asked if there is any concern over kicker Steven Hauschka's three missed field goals against Arizona, Carroll asserted "he's good" and offered, "that was as big a fluke as we can imagine."

10. Lynch's pregame stomach problems he had this past week against the Cardinals are nothing new, Carroll said, "There's been a couple times where he cant quite get right at the start of the game."

via http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... e38110dac6

OP
OP
marko358

marko358

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":d9uy8yy6 said:
Cheers marko! I've cracked a rib before, probably wouldn't fancy it to be honest.

Yeah I'd be shocked if Helfet played with a cracked rib. Sounds like Moeaki could be ready.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I got the impression that Lynch sometimes needs to "purge" before a game and want able to Sunday. We've seen it with Steve Smith before but I believe he was ill at the time.

MB12

Reaction score
Thanks very much! Great news about Simon, massive for our D

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Boy bad timing for Chris Mathews to be sitting out. This week should have been a big oppurtunity for him.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I would have tried to help here but just got home a couple hours ago from Phoenix. Prepping my story too. Go Hawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
brimsalabim":11w48gac said:
Boy bad timing for Chris Mathews to be sitting out. This week should have been a big oppurtunity for him.

Hopefully we get a big dose of Richardson and Norwood.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
marko358":2xb15zvj said:
SomersetHawk":2xb15zvj said:
Cheers marko! I've cracked a rib before, probably wouldn't fancy it to be honest.

Yeah I'd be shocked if Helfet played with a cracked rib. Sounds like Moeaki could be ready.

If you have ever cracked or broken a Rib you know the pain. But it is also something that does not get better for at least 4-6 months. So either play now or not at all. I think he could do it with the right meds and some sort of body armor if he was still able to maneuver.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":w7wxgfju said:
marko358":w7wxgfju said:
SomersetHawk":w7wxgfju said:

If you have ever cracked or broken a Rib you know the pain. But it is also something that does not get better for at least 4-6 months. So either play now or not at all. I think he could do it with the right meds and some sort of body armor if he was still able to maneuver.

A broken rib will heal quicker than a cracked rib. Broken 2 months...cracked...unknown...I got blasted by a friend playing cutthroat racketball one night...did not do the xray and should have. That idiot doc the next day said there was not a break in it and I suffered. ya...I know about broken ones.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":16ar53ln said:
Year of The Hawk":16ar53ln said:
marko358":16ar53ln said:
SomersetHawk":16ar53ln said:

A broken rib will heal quicker than a cracked rib. Broken 2 months...cracked...unknown...I got blasted by a friend playing cutthroat racketball one night...did not do the xray and should have. That idiot doc the next day said there was not a break in it and I suffered. ya...I know about broken ones.

I dont think there is much they can do for either condition. Just sucks all the way around. I have had cracked ribs on two different occasions. One of the most annoying things EVER.