Pete Press conference : couple of my takeaways

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I live in Kansas City I have to watch the actual SB contenders week by week. What is encouraging is that it does switch but it typically takes 15-20 years ie when the NFC gets quarterbacks to match what the AFC already has. Quite simply out with the old and in with the new it runs in cycles.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I was originally posting that don't believe in Pete anymore and have little to no faith in Geno and accept that I'm in the minority on this board is all.😄

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I just have no faith in a 72 year old coach that won't hire a DC that has a clue and won't let his GM draft an actual NFL quarterback because he prefers point guards. THIS ISNT BASKETBALL. So get real or retire please. I for one. hate am way 8-9/9-8. Either be good or be shit at least that way we are relevant or getting someone like Caleb Williams or whatever

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Returning to the topic of Pete's latest press conference, the one pressing disappointment was that of the rehab of Alton Robinson. Doesn't sound promising. On the positive side, sounds like hold over Tyreke Smith has added strength and will take another run at establishing a role on the team.

Good competition on the way.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I just have no faith in a 72 year old coach that won't hire a DC that has a clue and won't let his GM draft an actual NFL quarterback because he prefers point guards. THIS ISNT BASKETBALL. So get real or retire please. I for one. hate am way 8-9/9-8. Either be good or be shit at least that way we are relevant or getting someone like Caleb Williams or whatever
Seattle has actually posted pretty good records through the last 10 years . He has his theory about the way things should work . Theyve made a lot of moves and I'm excited about it.

I don't care if that dude is 70. I bet a lot of fans of other teams would be happy to have him and Schneider. I'm freaking pumped .

Sincerely,

Pete's mom

GGotskill

Reaction score
Seattle has actually posted pretty good records through the last 10 years . He has his theory about the way things should work . Theyve made a lot of moves and I'm excited about it.

I don't care if that dude is 70. I bet a lot of fans of other teams would be happy to have him and Schneider. I'm freaking pumped .

Sincerely,

Pete's mom

100%

On top of that: anyone who roots for the team to lose, just in order to get a higher draft pick? Not going to put into words exactly how I feel as I don't think that's appropriate here, but I can't take them seriously as fans.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sorry that I got the Mod Squad out of bed jeez!
Has nothing to with disturbing me or anyone else.

I seriously had no clue what you were talking about. Thought maybe you were unintentionally posting in the wrong thread.

Having said that, do you have any thoughts that relate to the press conference that I posted?

Hawknight

Reaction score

1) why the Hell can’t we get decent audio from the folks asking questions,
been that way forever, how hard can it be?
2) looks/sounds like we are still 6-8 weeks out knowing anything definitive about J. Adams
3) as always Pete is very optimistic, but I think he’s truly sincere. (for this season)
4) Spoon slightly behind JSN but both on track and appear to be killing it.
5) Geno and Drew getting along well, Pete has confidence in Drew should we need him
6) CPR
@ about 4 minute mark someone asked about 100% participation, it appears that the Seahawks made a commitment and the program went well. I’m impressed and proud of my team for doing so

Having said that, I can’t hear the questions very well and I could easily be off base on any of my “takes”.

EDIT:
does anyone know why sometimes the youtube links are direct and sometimes they redirect?
is there anything that can be don, or is it just a “youtube“ thing?
I literally post them the exact same way every time.

Right...multi-Billion dollar team can't come up with a better sound system? I know the money's tight with the salary cap, but I don't think sound system's apply here..spend the money...buy a better system. :unsure::confused::)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Why did that "point guard" put up a top-5 season last year?

This whole weird spiel is based on nothing

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I for one will miss Pete when he’s gone. He’s the Ted Lasso of coaches. I also am pleased with the direction of the club. I’ve lived through much worse and I’ve seen much worse around the NFL.

And I am stoked Pete’s stoked about the team so far.

Mick063

Reaction score
Love me some Michael Jackson. He has been the talk of the OTAs. All he ever does is show up and deliver. Tough, competitive, and contests everything. They got to find a way to get him on the field. I'm still leaning towards experimenting with Witherspoon in the slot. Closer to the action. Closer to the jet sweeps, RB screens, and QB read option. That is where you put a Polamalu type player.

Jville

Reaction score
Great to hear the shoulder of Abraham Lucas is closing in on returning to 100% strength. There was a bit of a drop off on the right side of the line as a consequence of his shoulder injury. I'm expecting the blocking on the right side of the line to be a big plus in 2023.

Blocking is looking promising for 2023.

Edit: Will Dissly is 100%

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I understand you. But isn't working look at the teams that are making it to the SB and winning guess what as usual you need an elite quarterback more times then not Geno Pete loves because he's safe and league average carrreer wise so pisses me off he got his money beyond anything you guys understand he's totally average in today's NFL and I'm totally willing to accept regular Geno going forward.

I think it's more of a pro-active approach than you're making it out to be.

Like the article that came out over the weekend about the Hawk's almost pulling the Russell trade to Philly instead of Denver, and getting Hurts back.

So yeah it's about a QB Pete can trust, but it's also about waiting on that next dynamic QB before kicking your current QB to the curb. Geno's efficient and safe, and until we can get another QB that Pete thinks can be efficient, safe with the ball AND dynamic? Then Geno it is.

Thus why they're building a REALLY good offense around Geno, as opposed to what happened with Russ for too many years, not enough playmakers cause they were paying his ass 30M+ and mismanaged the defensive cap.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Why did that "point guard" put up a top-5 season last year?

This whole weird spiel is based on nothing
Exactly. There's perfectly good data to quantitatively analyse Geno's season. Some just elect to ignore it and just ask their bum instead.

As for the presser, I do agree they need to fix the audio. At least when it was all zoom calls you could hear a little better.

The Drew Lock comment is interesting. We really haven't seen much from him at all since he came into the program. Just a few snaps in preseason when he was still pretty raw. If he's taken well to coaching over the last year he may actually be worth something as Pete eluded to.