Pete Press conference : couple of my takeaways

CPHawk

Reaction score
What qb did you want them to take? Levi’s has looked underwhelming so far at Tennessee camp. You don’t just throw away picks in QBs hoping for the best.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
What qb did you want them to take? Levi’s has looked underwhelming so far at Tennessee camp. You don’t just throw away picks in QBs hoping for the best.
Exactly. None of the ones available were better than Geno. Same thing applies to the draft before. Mina Kimes was begging for Seattle to take the QB from Liberty and he's been terrible.

It's like Pete and John are actually good at what they do. Shocking. Not.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Exactly. None of the ones available were better than Geno. Same thing applies to the draft before. Mina Kimes was begging for Seattle to take the QB from Liberty and he's been terrible.

It's like Pete and John are actually good at what they do. Shocking. Not.
IMHO, the talent they’ve snagged in late rounds and UDFA alone puts them in the better than “good” category.

Personally I gave up a long time ago getting upset because they didn’t pick the guy/guys I wanted or thought would be great fits.

I was completely surprised by every pick this year BUT disappointed by none.
I think we “killed it” this year, and this is simply another category where many fan bases wish they had what we have.

Never ceases to amaze me how many experts we have here, yet not a single one (that I’m aware of) actually works for an NFL/NCAA team. It’s not just us either, it’s all sports fans in general. We all think we know better than the guys actually doing it for a living.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I was fully expecting to hear Jalen Ramsay's name @#5, and was really surprised when I didn't. I immediately went and looked up Witherspoon, and decided that JS/PC must have known more stuff about Ramsay that wasn't being put out there by the press, and also decided that yes indeed they're better at their jobs than I would be. I'll stick to what I do (and hope they don't attempt my job) and they can stick to what they do.

edit: wrong name, see post below. Shoulda waited for the coffee to hit.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I was just hoping they wouldn't take Jalen Carter at 5. But I wouldn't have been that shocked. Glad they took Spoon.

Latest posts