Hi, I'm new to the forum.

DangeRuss85

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Brenton and I'm from central PA and have become a huge Seahawks fan. I knew watching Russell Wilson in college that he was a special player and he has only confirmed that over the past 2 years. This forum seems to have a great community and I look forward to all of the football discussions!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Make sure you let em know in PA, and especially in Eagle country, if that's where you are at, that there's only room for one Bird in the league. :stirthepot: Welcome to .Net! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
D

DangeRuss85

Reaction score
The first NFL game I ever went to was this year when we played the Eagles. It was a lot of fun. Someday I'll make it out west for a home game.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
:2:
Cool. Do you have friends or family into the Seahawks? Any ties to Seattle or the PNW?

It's a great time to be a 12. And this is a great place to be a 12. You have chosen wisely. :)

OP
OP
D

DangeRuss85

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":buxfdha6 said:
:2:
Cool. Do you have friends or family into the Seahawks? Any ties to Seattle or the PNW?

It's a great time to be a 12. And this is a great place to be a 12. You have chosen wisely. :)

I don't have any friends or family into the seahawks and none are from the PNW. Parents were never really into football but some relatives and my father-in-law are Steelers fans. I'm on my own as a seahawks fan but I'll try to pass it on to my daughter (wife is due in February).

Basis4day

Reaction score
Welcome to the .net forum.

As a Seattle native who no longer lives in the PNW i'd suggest a few things to make your fandom a bit easier.

1. Sports Radio Podcasts. ESPN 710 Seattle posts their entire shows recording' roughly 20 mins after each hour concludes on their website and ITunes for free. I believe KJR does the same thing but i really only listen to Softy and Ian Furness. Podcasts for KJR tend to go up a bit later in the day. You can also stream both live.

2. Use Yelp to search for NFL Sunday Ticket to find local sports bars in your area to watch games. If you can't or won't go to a bar for your own reasons I understand. No judgments here.

3. NFL Rewind. You can stream any and all NFL games on your computer or tablet after they conclude. It's blocked during Sunday Night Football and perhaps MNF and playoff games (?) but those are televised nationally. You can rewatch all games including playoffs and Super bowls going back to 2009 i believe. You get the regular broadcast, coaches film, and a condensed version of the game. Costs 70ish bucks a year. Completely worth it IMHO.

4. Twitter Search. You don't need to be on twitter, but if you're looking for the latest news on the team or a specific player you can search for them on twitter and see what media types are saying. Chances are though, if something noteworthy happens a new thread will usually be started on .net within a minute or two.

OP
OP
D

DangeRuss85

Reaction score
Basis4day":u47vz4p9 said:
Welcome to the .net forum.

As a Seattle native who no longer lives in the PNW i'd suggest a few things to make your fandom a bit easier.

1. Sports Radio Podcasts. ESPN 710 Seattle posts their entire shows recording' roughly 20 mins after each hour concludes on their website and ITunes for free. I believe KJR does the same thing but i really only listen to Softy and Ian Furness. Podcasts for KJR tend to go up a bit later in the day. You can also stream both live.

2. Use Yelp to search for NFL Sunday Ticket to find local sports bars in your area to watch games. If you can't or won't go to a bar for your own reasons I understand. No judgments here.

3. NFL Rewind. You can stream any and all NFL games on your computer or tablet after they conclude. It's blocked during Sunday Night Football and perhaps MNF and playoff games (?) but those are televised nationally. You can rewatch all games including playoffs and Super bowls going back to 2009 i believe. You get the regular broadcast, coaches film, and a condensed version of the game. Costs 70ish bucks a year. Completely worth it IMHO.

4. Twitter Search. You don't need to be on twitter, but if you're looking for the latest news on the team or a specific player you can search for them on twitter and see what media types are saying. Chances are though, if something noteworthy happens a new thread will usually be started on .net within a minute or two.

Thank you for the great resources I appreciate it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Welcome.
You've found your way to the best fandom there is on the web, Now jump in and hang on :mrgreen:

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Welcome this is a very exciting team to watch especially out here , I am from Vancouver bc Canada just 2 hours north , 12% of season ticket holders come from here including me , we are all 12s.

Latest posts