Carolina's "Winning streak"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightbench

Reaction score
Everytime I hear anything about the matchup this weekend, the first thing said is how both Seattle and Carolina are on these grand winning streaks..... It's making my head hurt.

How is losing 6 straight to the likes of the Vikings, Falcons, and Saints along with some good teams like the Packers Seahawks and even the Eagles and then winning against:

Saints
Buccaneers
Browns
Falcons
Cardinals

considered a streak.

I know you can only play the schedule given to you, but how in the world can the media, with a straight face, not speak to that as "how fortunate were the panthers that they didn't play a decent team since the Eagles November 10th" and on top of that lucked into getting the Cardinals at home with their High School Quarterback for a playoff game.

I'm so tired of hearing how this will be a close game.

If the Seahawks have less than 5 penalties causing drive killing damage, they win this game 31-14 and Cam has to play lights out all game long.

Given how crazy the crowd is going to be and the fact that weather probably plays a factor, I just don't see it (and I'm usually the well maybe they can pull it off or keep it close kind of guy).

Good luck to you panthers and if you beat us then kudos to you on joining the Cards and Cowboys as the only teams to do it in Seattle since 2012.

marko358

Reaction score
They beat one team in the regular season that wound up with a winning record and had a relatively easy schedule overall.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Schedule of a number 2 seed this year, and went sub .500.

We had the toughest schedule and went 12-4.

Ill take it! :lol:

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
and the QB's that Seattle has beaten during their six game streak?

*Drew Stanton
*Colin Kaepernick
*Mark Sanchez
*Colin Kaepernick
*Ryan Lindley
*Shaun Hill

The fact is Carolina has won five straight outscoring their oppoents 138-59, and one of those games was with Derek Anderson starting at QB.

ctrcat

Reaction score
In the Saints and Falcons case, they are division rivals that had already won in CLT and had everything to play for. And they were massacres, worse than the scores, calling off the dogs in the 4th so the Saints could score a late TD.

marko358

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":8aa483r1 said:

*Drew Stanton
*Colin Kaepernick
*Mark Sanchez
*Colin Kaepernick
*Ryan Lindley
*Shaun Hill

The fact is Carolina has won five straight outscoring their oppoents 138-59, and one of those games was with Derek Anderson starting at QB.

We also beat Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Cam Newton this year. Oh wait, that last one should be on the list of lousy QBs that you have above.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
marko358":1foztig6 said:
Cary Kollins":1foztig6 said:

*Drew Stanton
*Colin Kaepernick
*Mark Sanchez
*Colin Kaepernick
*Ryan Lindley
*Shaun Hill

We also beat Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Cam Newton this year. Oh wait, that last one should be on the list of lousy QBs that you have above.

SICK BURN BRO!

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":ub8sjfx7 said:

*Drew Stanton
*Colin Kaepernick
*Mark Sanchez
*Colin Kaepernick
*Ryan Lindley
*Shaun Hill

So you played a mix of teams with good QBs and bad QBs, all of which had shiite defenses that allowed Cam to actually make plays. We played a murderer's row of D's with bad QBs.

And when we win this Saturday it will be seven victories in a row over teams with an awesome Defense and a terrible QB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Talk about QBs all you want, but SF and PHI are far superior to any teams on that list, even with their current QBs. In fact, by weighted DVOA, STL is considered a better team than any team in the NFC South, which doesn't seem like a stretch to me.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
You can only beat who is put in front of you and Carolina has beat the teams they had to play and now they get a chance to play a really good team in the Seahawks in Seattle. We shall see if their win streak was real or just smoke and mirrors.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seattle didn't face any great QBs over their winning streak, but it was still the 2nd hardest schedule in the league over that span because the Defenses and the records of those teams were so good.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
Seattle's win streak:
AZ x2
SF x2
Sanchez Eagles
St. Louis

Common opponent, AZ. Other than that, one team over .500 and Mark Sanchez was their QB.

Pot, meet kettle.

Cartire

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":qt4enn1i said:

*Drew Stanton
*Colin Kaepernick
*Mark Sanchez
*Colin Kaepernick
*Ryan Lindley
*Shaun Hill

I love how you guys only list QB's when talking about our streak. You dont like listing the teams do you? Would that be because there was only one team on that list with a sub .500 record? While your list is a joke.

Team sport baby. Team sport.

panthers4life

Reaction score
Why does every post have to be we're great your terrible? The Hawks are the better team, no Carolina fan that knows anything about football is saying any different. Yes we're lucky to be in a division this year where 7 wins got us in. Why frown on that so much, your franchise should relate to this from not so long ago. Guess what, you guys shocked the world, no one gave you a chance against New Orleans that year either, they were also defending Champs. I realize you can't make direct comparisons here because we're playing on your field and no two teams are ever the same anyway.

Let me say this though, disappointing and unexpected losses happen all the time. It's part of what makes this sport we all love so amazing, any given Sunday is indeed highly accurate when it comes to the NFL. Our streak isn't against the best competition. Your streak is against better competition. So what? We're here, we're playing Saturday and we earned it. Both New Orleans and Atlanta controlled their own destiny and we took it from them in dominant fashion. That in no way helps us Saturday but we did earn the right to be here over our competitors.

marko358

Reaction score
WUnderhill":yr4nrzif said:
Seattle's win streak:
AZ x2
SF x2
Sanchez Eagles
St. Louis

Common opponent, AZ. Other than that, one team over .500 and Mark Sanchez was their QB.

Pot, meet kettle.

You're right. Going 12-4 with one of the hardest schedules and getting the #1 seed and best odds to win the Super Bowl is not impressive. If only we had a 6 game losing streak like your team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
WUnderhill":2mkhr23x said:
Seattle's win streak:
AZ x2
SF x2
Sanchez Eagles
St. Louis

Pot, meet kettle.

When you beat all those teams, some twice, the records are going to look worse in the end.

Going into those games, all those teams except for the Rams had winning records. The Cards, 49ers, and Eagles were all on track for the playoffs. And Sanchez was putting up better numbers than Foles until he ran into the Seahawks.

Your kettle sucks.

pmedic920

Reaction score
DavidSeven":15r6ukkh said:
Talk about QBs all you want, but SF and PHI are far superior to any teams on that list, even with their current QBs. In fact, by weighted DVOA, STL is considered a better team than any team in the NFC South, which doesn't seem like a stretch to me.

David, bad move mentioning DVOA.
You made him leave .net and go to google.
:{)

panthers4life

Reaction score
marko358":2vk89de5 said:
You're right. Going 12-4 with one of the hardest schedules and getting the #1 seed and best odds to win the Super Bowl is not impressive. If only we had a 6 game losing streak like your team.

You guys are straight legit, to this point I would trade our 2014 fan experience for yours. Saturday will tell if I would still want to. At least we went from being totally hopeless to just hopeless!

WUnderhill

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1jlotnzf said:
Schedule of a number 2 seed this year, and went sub .500.

We had the toughest schedule and went 12-4.

Ill take it! :lol:

I don't think you understand how scheduling works. No such thing as "schedule of a number 2 seed", it's all based on where you placed within your division, not conference.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What is it you expect Panther fans? At 3-2-1 your team had a 6 game losing streak. SIX GAMES.

Just what point are you trying to make? Trying to convince Seahawks fans that they don't know what they are talking about?

12-4 after winning a championship with a target on their back, playing its best football of the season. That is all that is the information needed.

Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts