Apparently the Jets weren't willing to wait for Quinn

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Just hired Todd Bowles. I love this move for the Jets for three reasons:

1. Bowles is a hell of a coach and deserves a shot at being a head coach. Congrats to him.

2. It weakens a division opponent as the Cardinals now have to find a replacement for him and likely for at least a couple of coaches he will take with him to New York.

3. It increases the likelihood that we have one more season of Dan Quinn in Seattle. Yes, I realize that there are still five openings and I do expect him to get one. However I love the thought that we win this weekend and those five organizations are impatient enough that they make another hire over the next two weeks.

Seafan

Reaction score
Colin Cowherd has the opinion that no one should hire a defensive coach from Seattle because Pete is the real defensive guru and therefore Todd Bowles was the better choice over Quinn.

I hope that doesn't deter Quinn from getting a good job. Head coaches have to be good leaders. Quinn and Bradley are both excellent leaders.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
By Colin's logic Mike Holmgren shouldn't have gotten a job.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Wow! Good for Bowles. The Cards wanted badly to keep him too.

I thought the Jets might wait, but this makes sense. They get a top-notch D guy and they can start assembling a staff and prepping for the draft ASAP.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The rumor making the rounds is that the Falcons are more than willing to wait for Quinn.

Of course they said the same thing about the Jets.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Rumor now is Quinn wants the Falcons job too

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/report-dan-quinn-wants-falcons-job/

However, Quinn appears to be equally intrigued by the Falcons opening. According to Dianna Russini of NBC 4 in Washington D.C., Quinn wants the Falcons job.

With Quinn potentially unable to accept the job for another three weeks if Seattle makes the Super Bowl, the question is can the Falcons wait for him to become available?

Per Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Falcons front office remains interested in Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin as well. Austin is getting a second interview with the Falcons this week and may prove to be Atlanta’s choice if they are unwilling to wait for Quinn.

eastcoast12

Reaction score
And the idea is that, w/ Bowles gone, Arians could possibly bring in Dick LeBeau. Read that in a tweet last night from @RapSheet. Just someone's opinion. But he's a good defensive coach, by all of the years Pittsburgh had the #1 D.

Edit: not sure how to embed a tweet here :roll:

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Seafan":2j8d8lb7 said:
Colin Cowherd has the opinion that no one should hire a defensive coach from Seattle because Pete is the real defensive guru and therefore Todd Bowles was the better choice over Quinn.

I hope that doesn't deter Quinn from getting a good job. Head coaches have to be good leaders. Quinn and Bradley are both excellent leaders.
I could have misunderstood, but Yes his point was teams need to be cautious hiring asst. Coaches that hold the same skill set as the head coach. His example was Pete is a defensive guru and this is Pete's defense which is true. He also stated the defensive players were almost all set. That is how I took it, and if his point is teams should be cautious with hires like this scenario he isn't necessarily wrong. I think any team will be fortunate to get Quinn, and I hope we get him one more year at the same time.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Quinn would be killer for either the Falcons or the Broncos. In position to win immediately with either franchise. As long as he kept the offensive production similar to prior years, Quinn could take Atlanta deep into the playoffs just by improving their defense a little, which he would of course do.

I think Quinn is a great fit in Denver too, and would have a chance to get back to the Superb Owl, if Peyton comes back. I think he'd want to get that 'Bama QB, A.J. McCarron, from Cincy as Peyton's heir apparent, to keep running their scheme after Peyton leaves. Quinn would be a great fit in Denver because Elway would help him with the offensive coordinator and coach staffing and player recruitment, and be compatible with Quinn's overall approach, and allow Quinn to focus more on the defensive side. I think Quinn and Elway would actually be a very effective team. Elway is about winning first. This is the guy who had the balls to make the unpopular decision to ditch Tim Tebow after the incredible run and playoff win Tebow had. It's a decision that stood the test of time very well.